Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Nov 09, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cinnabon View Post
On the beach in St Augustine.
That sounds lovely! x
Old 7 Nov 09, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

Buena Vista Palace was gorgeous..we got married outside by the lake (it was quite secluded and lots of greenery around) at the little gazebo they have.
Then we had a champagne reception, hors d'ouvres, 3 course meal and free bar for 2 hrs in a private room.
Unfortunately it rained after the ceremony so we had most of our photos done inside. It's a lovely hotel.
BUT... we went to Gaylord Palms for our mini-honeymoon and we secretly wished we'd got married there. It was stunning.
I'll email you my facebook name and you can add me and have a look at both venues...I took pics of Gaylord Palms as well.
Hope that helps,
Helen x
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

DLP: :
Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 09, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Diesel_Staffie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rachy View Post
After a lot of stress over different places to have our wedding in Florida next year, we eventually found the perfect place and signed the contracts!

We are getting married at Celebration hotel in Celebration on 1/10/10!

We were supposed to be having a Disney wedding, but for a few reasons decided to look at other places and as soon as we saw Celebration we knew it was for us.

Considering starting a trip planner to put down our ideas of floral, cakes etc, if anyone would be interested.

Rachel
x
Congrats, we are getting married that day too but at Bahama Bay

Next trip : December 2023
Diesel_Staffie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 09, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Diesel_Staffie View Post
Congrats, we are getting married that day too but at Bahama Bay
The date has a good ring to it doesn't it? lol

Have you got your dress yet? x
Old 7 Nov 09, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Diesel_Staffie
Imagineer

The date has a good ring to it doesn't it? lol

Have you got your dress yet? x
Yes that's why we went for it, easy to remember LOL!

Yes got everything ready now, party all sorted for when we get back too. Just going to book our honeymoon this afternoon as the holidays for 2011 have just been released

Its so exciting isnt it? who did you book with?

Next trip : December 2023
Diesel_Staffie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 09, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
well done to you all if I had to do it again it would def be in Florida.
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 09, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Diesel_Staffie View Post
Yes that's why we went for it, easy to remember LOL!

Yes got everything ready now, party all sorted for when we get back too. Just going to book our honeymoon this afternoon as the holidays for 2011 have just been released

Its so exciting isnt it? who did you book with?
You are very organised! I am going dress shopping at the end of this month, although i am a bit concerned about how i will get my dress over, especially as i really want a big princess dress. Not sure if the airline will be able to hang it up.

I have booked everything direct with the hotel so far but i believe she is going to pass my details on to 'Just Marry' who will help with my floral etc x
Old 7 Nov 09, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Congratulations on getting it all booked
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 09, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
sounds lovely, def. do a planner, would love to read it

ali

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 09, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
SugarRush
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
You are very organised! I am going dress shopping at the end of this month, although i am a bit concerned about how i will get my dress over, especially as i really want a big princess dress. Not sure if the airline will be able to hang it up.

I have booked everything direct with the hotel so far but i believe she is going to pass my details on to 'Just Marry' who will help with my floral etc x
Would you trust getting it couriered like the week before? Just a thought the hotel will take it for you. Just let the dress shop know you need it for the week before and use a known courier.

Jude
Closed Thread