Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Jan 10, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBlonde
Imagineer

DisneyBlonde's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 102
Guidebook Reviews: 4
We've just come back from getting married at Sea Breeze Point at Disney's Boardwalk resort. It was an absolutely awesome experience, from start to finish, and I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Some of the venues can be booked at 12 months out (the Wedding Pavillion can't) and you can now have private dining as part of the Escape package.

We hired a separate photographer and Disney had their own photographer as support, and the disney photographer was great. We went for a separate photographer as we wanted a particular style of photo and wanted someone for the whole day.

If I can help with anything let me know x
2005-Holiday Inn I-Drive * 2007-QII/Boardwalk * 2009-Married December at the Boardwalk/POR/Rolling Hills Villa (TR here) * 2010-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 May-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 October-Rolling Hills /Boardwalk (TR here) * 2012-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2013-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2014-Rolling Hills * 2015-Rolling Hills * 2016-Rolling Hills and Boardwalk * 2017-Boardwalk and Rolling Hills

DisneyBlonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 10, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
hippychick
Trading Disney Pins

Thank you everyone for your help. We really like the look of the wedding pavillion.
Old 20 Jan 10, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
hippychick
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by DisneyBlonde View Post
We've just come back from getting married at Sea Breeze Point at Disney's Boardwalk resort. It was an absolutely awesome experience, from start to finish, and I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Some of the venues can be booked at 12 months out (the Wedding Pavillion can't) and you can now have private dining as part of the Escape package.

We hired a separate photographer and Disney had their own photographer as support, and the disney photographer was great. We went for a separate photographer as we wanted a particular style of photo and wanted someone for the whole day.

If I can help with anything let me know x
You mentioned private dining, what does that include? (as in where you have it, etc). Thanks
Old 20 Jan 10, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post

hi,
congratulations

i'm getting married at cypress grove lakeside plantation in march, i booked through virgin. prices are very reasonable.
i could let you know how the whole thing goes if you like and i will be putting some pictures on when we get back.

love emma x x x x x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 10, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsG26
Excited about Disney

We got married July 3rd last yr in the grounds of the Wyndham Orldando. We had the most perfect day and i would recommend getting married in Florida to anyone. I booked our wedding through a company called "GetmarriedinFlorida". The owner, Lorraine, is British and has lived out there for years. She was fantastic and each and everytime i emailed her with questions/niggles she was quick to reply and always put me at ease. There are packages and prices on the website so have a look, that might give you an idea of what things cost. There are also pictures of my day in my albums. Feel free to have a look. Good luck in organising your big day. I wish i could have mine all over again! x
Dec 09/10: Xmas & New Year in Australia. 2010: La Croix Du Vieux Pont, Paris. 2011: Barbados, Duinrell & La Croix Du Vieux Pont 2012: Bella Italia, Lake Garda 2013: Tenerife 2014: Dubai, Benidorm 2015: New York , Orlando 2016: Tenerife, DLP 2017: Tenerife, Olu Deniz, Benalmadena 2018: Berlin, Tenerife, Dubai
MrsG26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 10, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Were getting married (fingers crossed - we have the date pencilled in!) at the Yacht Club Gazebo this December. We can't book until April but have a coordinator who is answering questions.

We have already booked a private lunch at the Swan and Dolphin and are creating our own lunch menu with the chef.

Were also hosting an illuminations dessert party on the evening of the wedding

If your interested in a Disney wedding I would have a look at mouseweddings and order Carrie's (a DISboards bride) book from the Passporter website, its an e-book and only costs about $5
Old 24 Jan 10, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
hippychick
Trading Disney Pins

Anyone who has had there wedding at the wedding pavillion would you say that it would seem to big a place with just 6 people in it. We seem to be edging towards the pavillion and have only 6 people going so i just wanted to know if it would seem to big.

Also anyone who has had the package that includes a hairdresser to do your hair on the day of the wedding, do they do any style that you want?

Thanks to anyone thats has replied.
Old 24 Jan 10, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hippychick View Post
Anyone who has had there wedding at the wedding pavillion would you say that it would seem to big a place with just 6 people in it. We seem to be edging towards the pavillion and have only 6 people going so i just wanted to know if it would seem to big.
We had 6 adults and a 3 year old in the pavilion. I suppose it did seem a bit empty as they all sat at the front, but it wasn't anything to worry about as the place is so beautiful and there's loads of photo opportunities - the bridge to it, the beautiful arched window, then outside as well. There's also the bride and groom rooms' to have a final prep.
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 10, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
hippychick
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by dee slack View Post
We had 6 adults and a 3 year old in the pavilion. I suppose it did seem a bit empty as they all sat at the front, but it wasn't anything to worry about as the place is so beautiful and there's loads of photo opportunities - the bridge to it, the beautiful arched window, then outside as well. There's also the bride and groom rooms' to have a final prep.

Thank you
Old 24 Jan 10, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
This is one of the reasons we didnt pick the wedding pavillion as I worried it would look empty - I really don't like empty seats though!

I have seen loads of brides photos on the "other" boards (being Disboards) though and they look beautiful, I dont think you would notice if I am honest!

Were booking Ana from Beaute Special for hair and make up, I had a trial with her in October and she was fab!