Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Jan 19, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
BTW mooray that reply isnt a dig at you or your post.

ITs just to show how made up things were on all sides in the election. And how there are every bit as important opposites to most arguments.
Old 16 Jan 19, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Originally Posted by Powlay View Post
BTW mooray that reply isnt a dig at you or your post.

ITs just to show how made up things were on all sides in the election. And how there are every bit as important opposites to most arguments.
And can you confirm that the suggested ‘project fear’ remains untrue as we are yet to leave the EU?

Clear to see the lies from the leave side as they pretty much started admitting it less than 24 hours after the decision.
Old 16 Jan 19, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by LadyDebs86 View Post
No, we can’t. That’s an astonishing thing to say with literally no basis in fact whatsoever.
Of course this is based upon fact.

No where in article 50 does it state that the UK cannot simply walk away at the date agreed. Legally we UK owe nothing. The EU cannot go running to the International Court of Justice theyre not a sovereign state.

Will all 27 other countries go to it? Maybe but its very murky water, the whole point of a deal is accepting we have some price to pay
and we pay that to get some sort of deal that suits all parties (is that possible though? I highly doubt)

Even the financial times agrees, but the reality is as i said in my post dealing with them after taking this line would be a very thorny issue.
Old 16 Jan 19, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

"The serried rows of white headstones in lovingly-tended Commonwealth war cemeteries stand as silent testament to the price this country has paid to help restore peace and order in Europe."

I must be interpreting this quote very differently to you. I can’t see a warning if headstones to come. Just a reminder of the past.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
People who are calling for a second referendum should be careful what they wish for.

I was a remainer but after the way the EU has conducted itself in the leave negotiations and the contempt they've shown the for the democratic result of the referendum I'm pretty sure I'd change my vote to leave if there was another vote.

I'm not entirely convinced that it wasn't May/Juncker/Tusk's plans all along to end up with such a bad deal that Brexit would get cancelled but it sure looks that way tonight - indeed Tusk has virtually proposed this already.

And as for NI - if we were to leave I don't believe either Ireland or the UK would ever erect a hard border again and in this electronic age it just needs a bit of effort to find a way around the problems. They can't be insurmountable.
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
And can you confirm that the suggested ‘project fear’ remains untrue as we are yet to leave the EU?

Clear to see the lies from the leave side as they pretty much started admitting it less than 24 hours after the decision.
Define project fear?

I see project fear weekly in my local council, i see it from my local MP, i see it from all sides, all parties. Scarring the electorate into choices that could be better explained, putting people off doing something.

The lies from both sides were pretty obvious to people before the decision, and more obvious afterwards. When the losers admitted it and the winners ran from the result like it was the plague!
Old 16 Jan 19, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Originally Posted by lov2dibb View Post
People who are calling for a second referendum should be careful what they wish for.

I was a remainer but after the way the EU has conducted itself in the leave negotiations and the contempt they've shown the for the democratic result of the referendum I'm pretty sure I'd change my vote to leave if there was another vote.

I'm not entirely convinced that it wasn't May/Juncker/Tusk's plans all along to end up with such a bad deal that Brexit would get cancelled but it sure looks that way tonight - indeed Tusk has virtually proposed this already.

And as for NI - if we were to leave I don't believe either Ireland or the UK would ever erect a hard border again and in this electronic age it just needs a bit of effort to find a way around the problems. They can't be insurmountable.
Sorry... but do you know anything about negotiations?
Old 16 Jan 19, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Sorry... but do you know anything about negotiations?
Do you?
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 12:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lov2dibb View Post

Please explain how the EU has conducted itself and what contempt they have shown?
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
"The serried rows of white headstones in lovingly-tended Commonwealth war cemeteries stand as silent testament to the price this country has paid to help restore peace and order in Europe."

I must be interpreting this quote very differently to you. I can’t see a warning if headstones to come. Just a reminder of the past.
Have you read the rest of the speech in which he made that comment?