Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Jan 15, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
bolton
slightly serious Dibber

only had the opportunity to go at Christmas and New Year once work commitments have stopped me ever since but would love to spend the time over there at that time of year again.
bolton is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 15, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post

We are here now and the crowds are immense, can cope with it in the parks but we are staying in a villa near Champions Gate and the traffic on I4 is horrific it has been like a car park most days! Wouldn't come at this time of year again, yesterday was the first day we didn't get in a massive traffic jam! Haven't tried MK or HS yet as hoping crowds will ease next week? ...we usually come around 14th to 28th December and it is way better. You still get the Xmas excitement. But not the massive crowds
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 15, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Forgot to add, the only way I would come back for these two weeks would be to stay onsite
Old 2 Jan 15, 01:07 AM  
Link to this Post
PerksP
Imagineer

We just got back from Christmas. I thoroughly recommend getting there around 15/16th if you can. That way you get the first 5 days or so of lovely quiet parks. You can then do some different things when the hoards arrive on 21-22nd (depending on what day of the week Christmas falls).

The weather this year was superb. We had a day at Cocoa Beach and a day at Clearwater in beautiful hot sunshine. A bbq at Blue Springs seeing the wild manatees is always a treat at this time of year as they are in the spring with their young.

We went in to Universal for a second time on 28th December and I could not believe the crowds in the HP areas. However, even then the queue for the dragon roller coaster at Hogsmeade was a couple of minutes.

We didn't arrive until 4pm as the parks were open until 11 and got some good rides at the end of the night when crowds left after the Macy's parade.

It's doable but we never plan to be in the Disney parks during Christmas week as it is really manic!

There are plenty of other things to do so you can certainly keep entertained and perhaps see some things you wouldn't normally see.
PerksP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 15, 02:06 AM  
Link to this Post
justus2again
Imagineer

we are here this christmas and would never do this time again it has been mega busy just getting from a to b is a huge task i love the christmas time here but would reccomend last week november 1st week december it is a magical time and so much quieter we have also been in august and it was quiet compared to the last 2 weeks x
2005 southern dunes 2007 legacy park 2007 southern dunes 2008 lake Wilson 2009 southern dunes 2010 Hampton lakes 2011 greater groves 2012 Windsor palms 2013 southern dunes 2014 vista park 2015 villa Lindfields 2016 west haven villa 2017 acorn villa 2018 villa silver creek 2019 champions gate 2020 2021 the years of no go 2022 all booked for this year
justus2again is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 15, 03:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandieb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsCullen View Post
Its a magical time but you need to be extremely organised with FP and ADRs, and I defiantly wouldn't recommend a disney park on christmas day.. we always escape to DC!
That's exactly what we have just done
sitting at epcot waiting for illuminations to begin . Can honestly say, having done Easter, august, Halloween and now xmas/new year this is the busiest. Although it magical, I wouldn't do it again unless I was on site so can use EMH, FP and adr system to the max, and not driving ourselves.

All worth it though
😊
Sandieb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 15, 05:50 AM  
Link to this Post

Here now; never again- hideous lines and waits, rude obnoxious pushing thumping individuals, atmosphere low, crowds immense - save your money

Having been here in Jan, Feb, April, May, Aug, Nov, Dec and Jan I would say between Xmas and ny as the worst

Edited at 05:52 AM.
Old 2 Jan 15, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We are here! We've loved every minute. Stayed on site has helped and we were prepared for crowds. Planning is key!
Old 2 Jan 15, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Queen of Herts
Imagineer

Queen of Herts's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Christmas Day there was at least 5 miles of a traffic jam trying to get into MK at 10am. When we returned at noon, the park was full and the traffic was stationary, the car parks were full and state troopers were stopping people crossing the median to turn around. We were lucky enough to spot it as we were on our way to the GF for breakfast and bypassed it and saw it before and after breakfast.
Queen of Herts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 15, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We were in MK at 6.55am
- only way to do it I think!
Closed Thread