Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 May 17, 05:25 AM  
Link to this Post
tracynoe
Excited about Disney

Mobile Thomas cook hand luggage

Thomas cook website states their hand luggage as 6kg plus an additional personal item, such as a small handbag or laptop. Does anyone know the size restriction on the personal item? Have persuaded DH to get s "manbag" this year to carry his laptop etc but we are concerned about the size. Thanks
tracynoe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Worgie
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I asked them this very question the other day and the customer service lady didn't have a clue. She kept saying you can take your 6kg hand luggage plus a laptop bag. I asked if there was a weight restriction on the laptop bag or handbag and she didn't know. All she said was that they would charge anyone whose hand luggage was over 6kg! No help at all I'm afraid but I am guessing a normal sized handbag (going to take the biggest one possible!).
Old 12 May 17, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Oh my we are just back last weekend and you should have seen some of the sizes and weights they had as hand luggage! As usual I play by rules and have a backpack under 6kg and a little handbag but some folk had cases, 2 big bags etc, we never had them looked at or weighed at any time.
Old 12 May 17, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
tracynoe
Excited about Disney

Thank you both.
Think we'll risk the "manbag". Its the same size as a laptop case so fingers crossed!
tracynoe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
HolidayDreams
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Are you going soon? It would be good to get some feedback on how things went.
HolidayDreams is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post

thomascook/baggage/hand-baggage/

All our customers flying with Thomas Cook Airlines will receive a complementary hand baggage allowance of 6kgs (10kgs for Premium Class customers). You can take one piece of hand baggage up to 55cm x 40cm x 20cm in size and children can take a Trunki.

In addition to the above, customers can choose 1 item from the list below, to be carried as an extra piece of hand baggage.

Hand baggage cannot be combined together with other passengers or with any hold baggage.

• 1 laptop

• 1 overcoat or 1 blanket

• 1 small lady´s handbag or 1 small wrist-bag or 1 small bag with shoulder strap

• 1 umbrella

• 1 small camera and/or 1 binocular

• Assistive devices of persons with disabilities

• A reasonable amount of reading material for the flight

• Duty Free items purchased behind security control or as a pre-order from the operating carrier.

• Infant´s food for consumption during the flight
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
tracynoe
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by HolidayDreams View Post
Are you going soon? It would be good to get some feedback on how things went.
I fly on the 17th June. Happy to report back for you if any use
Old 12 May 17, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
tracynoe
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Jay66UK View Post
thomascook/baggage/hand-baggage/

All our customers flying with Thomas Cook Airlines will receive a complementary hand baggage allowance of 6kgs (10kgs for Premium Class customers). You can take one piece of hand baggage up to 55cm x 40cm x 20cm in size and children can take a Trunki.

In addition to the above, customers can choose 1 item from the list below, to be carried as an extra piece of hand baggage.

Hand baggage cannot be combined together with other passengers or with any hold baggage.

• 1 laptop

• 1 overcoat or 1 blanket

• 1 small lady´s handbag or 1 small wrist-bag or 1 small bag with shoulder strap

• 1 umbrella

• 1 small camera and/or 1 binocular

• Assistive devices of persons with disabilities

• A reasonable amount of reading material for the flight

• Duty Free items purchased behind security control or as a pre-order from the operating carrier.

• Infant´s food for consumption during the flight
Thanks :-) I have seen this... just seems a little vague for instance my husbands bag is just big enough to fit his laptop but it certainly looks bigger than a small ladys handbag. Some dimentions would be handy
Old 12 May 17, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Well, it doesn't say you can take a laptop bag...just a laptop. So very vague.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
JayPR
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
Oh my we are just back last weekend and you should have seen some of the sizes and weights they had as hand luggage! As usual I play by rules and have a backpack under 6kg and a little handbag but some folk had cases, 2 big bags etc, we never had them looked at or weighed at any time.
Same flight

We had our hand luggage weighed on way out,also had to put in size thingy.No hand luggage weighed coming home.Person checking in next to us on way out had hand luggage weighing 10 kgs .Goes without saying she was told to get it down to 6 kgs
JayPR is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List