Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Jun 17, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
brown4034
Excited about Disney

Help MCO question

This may sound silly but every time I land at mco I get lost 😂. When you are through immigration and in to the hotel part, from there I always walk the wrong way. I'm traveling with VH can someone point me in the right direction I will be using the the buses they provide. It would be much appreciated 😁
Old 9 Jun 17, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hopefully this map will help but as you can see MCO is basically a symmetrical mirror image with lots of stuff replicated both sides.

You say you are with VH so I assume that you are flying Virgin Atlantic? They land at gates 70-99 so if you don't do 2nd bag drop you will get to the concourse at monorail 4 side B.

Unfortunately though if you choose to do the second bag drop your luggage will be sent over to side A. We never do so I can't say precisely where that second carousel is.

Also as we always hire a car I can't help on where buses are.

Only a bit of a help I'm afraid but hopefully the map helps a bit

orlandoairports/getting-around-mco/

Mick
Old 9 Jun 17, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
brown4034
Excited about Disney

Thanks for the map and info yes I'm flying virgin Atlantic and we won't be doing the bag drop 👍🏻. It seems that every time we go we end up going the wrong way, but because we always end up finding our way back from a complete different part of the airport we never know the right way from the start 😂😂
Old 9 Jun 17, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by brown4034 View Post
Thanks for the map and info yes I'm flying virgin Atlantic and we won't be doing the bag drop 👍🏻. It seems that every time we go we end up going the wrong way, but because we always end up finding our way back from a complete different part of the airport we never know the right way from the start 😂😂
Sorry I can't help on buses though . Do VH provide them or are you using the DME. There's certainly been a few threads on here about where you catch the DME but sorry I just can't recall the answer.

If it's a VH bus do VH have reps at MCO? If so they may be over on A side near the VS check-in desk but again I'm guessing sorry.

Mick
Old 9 Jun 17, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
brown4034
Excited about Disney

No problem. Sometimes they use DME but other times they use meers so I'm not sure I'll have to keep my eye out at the other end 👍🏻
Old 9 Jun 17, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by brown4034 View Post
This may sound silly but every time I land at mco I get lost 😂. When you are through immigration and in to the hotel part, from there I always walk the wrong way. I'm traveling with VH can someone point me in the right direction I will be using the the buses they provide. It would be much appreciated 😁
I assume you want the Disney Magical Express bus (these are sometime Mears buses if Disney has run out of regular ones)? That is, you are staying at a Disney hotel?

Using the map in the link provided above and shown below (north points towards the top of the map).

After immigration and bag collection, go up the escalator to the monorail. On exiting the monorail, head forwards (west) and keep to the left (south side - side B). On the left hand side (south) there are some escalators and lifts. Head down 2 levels to the bottom floor. When stepping off the escalator/lift turn right (west) and keep going down the corridor (head west) to almost the very end. Disney's Magical Express is there.

If you don't mean the Magical Express, then I'm not sure where the Virgin buses pick up from. Based on Blue nose's comment below, it sounds like VH's transport is on side A (north side). So it seems like you'd have to head right when getting into the main building after the monorail.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 09:55 PM.
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
dot
Apprentice Imagineer

sorry to jump in but anybody know where the virgin holiday rep is as i have to get villa code this year rather than go straight to the garage - thanks
dot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

When we landed and came out off the monorail there was a Virgin rep there. We were directed to side A think it was 2 levels down and then walked left quite a way. We had to collect our free Disney $200. VH transport was nearby but we were on MDE so had to walk all the way back like others have said to side B and again back down to levels. Took us about 30 mins altogether but worth it for free $.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List