Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Mar 19, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Jiljo
Imagineer

Looking round a furniture store, I thought that’s nice, they put out a bowl of crisps for the customers, and stuffed a few in my mouth to discover they were polystyrene ones for display purposes.

See our new 360 degree tour, December 2019.

https://kuula.co/share/collection/7l...less=1&logo=-1

Jiljo is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
top4
Imagineer

Mobile

Desperately trying to get my husband to pull in to this shopping area as I wanted to look around the 'Petshop' only to discover it was 'Allied CarPETS' store and a delivery truck was blocking half of the sign ! ,thank goodness their not around anymore as I was constantly asked iff I wanted to go and look in the carpet shop for a Guinea pig or budgie ! Lol
top4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by evergreen View Post
Going to see Paul Heaton a week early, disagreeing with a lady who said I was in her seat
My Mum and her friends did that at the local theatre - they’d ordered and paid for their drinks for the interval as well. Whoops.
Old 24 Mar 19, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Best and I've had a few sent the kids to School on a bank holiday and
The school was walking distance they had to troup all the way home did let them keep their lunch money
In my defence as a nurse and DH working bank holidays if I was off saving days for in services etc I'd completely forgotten
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I was running late for a colleagues service at the crematorium. We had come off night shift and were rushing to the neighboring town. My friend was driving and I was navigating and had got us lost. She grabbed my hand and hustled me into the service after the start.

Yep, it was the wrong one. We sat through the latter half after we had clocked we were in the wrong place and didn't know whether to leave or not.

Turned out we were a day early.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Drove the wrong way around a macdonalds drive thru, I didn't even realise I was in the drive thru bit, I was trying to get into the car park, got half way around it before the staff started shouting, "madam, stop! Where are you going?" I figured nobody was coming the other way, just keep going. I'm sure I'll be on some sort of bad drivers to programme one day !

I still can't believe I did that. Well actually I can believe it !
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 01:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

On holiday with DD and went to park at Hollywood Studios; paid the man, drove past the kiosk, turned left and ended up back out on the road! Had to turn round and drive back in, past the guy who was killing himself laughing (so were we)! Will never be allowed to live this down but it made a good addition to my speech at her wedding!
Old 25 Mar 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Drove into our local underground car park and heard this hideous grinding noise.

Turns out I had forgotten about the roof box and I was 2cm too high. Queue behind me back onto the roundabout meant I had to press onwards. Squeezed my car all the way through the car park round all the ceiling obstacles grinding the roof box along the ceiling. DD killing herself laughing and me suffering some serious humiliation. Marks are still there on ceiling of car park and on roof box.

Lots of clever folks later suggested I should have let the tyres down - but hey ho. Didn't think of it !
Old 25 Mar 19, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Got stuck in the recycling bin this morning, that was somewhat silly, and rather amusing.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Got stuck in the recycling bin this morning, that was somewhat silly, and rather amusing.
Mmmm. Head first?