Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Aug 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

We have just been informed of our increases that kick in next month (up over £25 per month). Once again we will have to go through the hoopla of ringing up to cancel and then waiting for a better offer to come through... it's a painful, unnecessary process!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by arl71 View Post
Yes it said 45 m wait when I phone on the normal publicised phone number from the website. Found the retentions number on the MSE website and got through with practically no wait. Hope that helps
Apparently due to special staff training today wait times are still over 45 minutes even on the retention number.

I expect I will be even more frustrated with them by the time I get to actually speak to someone.

Anyway thanks to everyone for your posts - The DIBB is a brilliant source of help and advice on so many things.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
brown4034
Excited about Disney

I would ring up and say you cant afford the prices and want to cancel, i have done this in the past and got a reduction. I also had someone who used to work at sky tell me they actually will do this so they don't loose you as a customer. I hope this helps
Old 16 Aug 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Prices have not gone up so yes it's almost certainly a fixed term offer is ending.
Just ring up and negotiate a new offer , no need to get angry or shout. It's a very normal thing . (I set reminders for everything on fixed term offers like this, Gas, electric etc so Siri reminds me ahead of time and I don't have to worry about my blood pressure )
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jennywren View Post
Apparently due to special staff training today wait times are still over 45 minutes even on the retention number.

I expect I will be even more frustrated with them by the time I get to actually speak to someone.

Anyway thanks to everyone for your posts - The DIBB is a brilliant source of help and advice on so many things.
Yes today is a bad day to ring ... I'd honestly leave it til tomorrow... or use the message service (personally I'd ring , offers team are in both Saturday and Sunday)
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
voicon
Apprentice Imagineer

voicon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I thought this was going to be about the weather, I'm annoyed with the Sky about that too.

A few months back my bill was going from £42 to £95, it was my deal ending, I called them and said I want to cancel so they said we will see what we can do, they could do £76 I said no so put me through to cancellations, 2 mins after speaking to cancellations I was offered £42 a month again for 12 months.

That is for pretty much everything, Sky Q 2TB, 2 X sky Q mini boxes, all channels including Sports and Movies.
voicon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

ive just given them notice to end my contract next month. They said they could reward me for my loyalty and give me £10 off my basic tv package bringing to £17 per month. Well the basic package is only £22 per month currently.

So either prices are going up or someone cant subtract correctly as £10 off would be £12

Said no as want to leave them
Old 16 Aug 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Just checked mine on the App all ok, prices did increase in April we are on an 18 month contract till next June, was annoyed our cost went up in April as thought my price was fixed
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bonnies mum View Post
We are on a 2 year contract which finishes in November. In the 2 years it has gone up over £20 pm. Will be dramatically reducing the package once I can.
Makes it worse that the Movies are an absolute joke so they will definitely be going.
Get Now TV movies it’s SKY, except you don’t need a contract, can just do one month & binge on films, then not have it again for another few months till more new films are out
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Just checked mine on the App all ok, prices did increase in April we are on an 18 month contract till next June, was annoyed our cost went up in April as thought my price was fixed
This is fairly recent Sky scam. They used to fix your monthly cost but now they only fix the discount.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List