Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Oct 19, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Tangerine Hotel Burbank

Read a lot of good reports on here about this hotel. Staying 2 nights in LA before our cruise from Longbeach. We won't have a car, and will not be doing any theme parks just touristy stuff in LA itself. Would it be feasible to stay here, and Uber to other places or are we better off staying in LA ..ie Hollywood itself? Thanks for any advice.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Billy Beatnik
Imagineer

Stayed here in 2015, it’s in a great location and very nice. 5 min walk to Warner Bros Studio. I really used to like sitting around the pool at night with a bottle of Bud.
We actually had car, but it’s not that far from Universal and many of the other sights, we plan to stay here again next year as we couldn’t fault the place. We got a good rate from one of the comparing websites, but the guy on reception told us to ring them up directly next time and they’d give us a better deal than any online websites.
Old 16 Oct 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey68
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We stayed there last year and the car didn't move for the 3 nights we were there. Uber to Hollywood was less than $10 and we did a bus tour of the main sites. There were nice places to eat within walking distance. The train to Hollywood was close by but uber worked better for us. It was a nice area which we preferred to Hollywood.
Old 16 Oct 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey68 View Post
We stayed there last year and the car didn't move for the 3 nights we were there. Uber to Hollywood was less than $10 and we did a bus tour of the main sites. There were nice places to eat within walking distance. The train to Hollywood was close by but uber worked better for us. It was a nice area which we preferred to Hollywood.
ok great advice. Did you get the bus tour in Hollywood or near the hotel? Was this the HOHO bus? Looking like a good place to stay. Thanks.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey68
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
ok great advice. Did you get the bus tour in Hollywood or near the hotel? Was this the HOHO bus? Looking like a good place to stay. Thanks.
We did the A Day in LA tour which covered the places we wanted to see. We picked up a 'feeder' bus at Hollywood and Vine and the tour started in Santa Monica. We decided to stay on the bus at the end of the tour and went back to Santa Monica for the evening. I think the uber back was about $35 - we could have got the train but we were shattered after a full day so went for easy option!
Old 17 Oct 19, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey68 View Post
We did the A Day in LA tour which covered the places we wanted to see. We picked up a 'feeder' bus at Hollywood and Vine and the tour started in Santa Monica. We decided to stay on the bus at the end of the tour and went back to Santa Monica for the evening. I think the uber back was about $35 - we could have got the train but we were shattered after a full day so went for easy option!
The Day in LA tour sounds great. Going to book The Tangerine now. I won’t have wifi on my phone once I am away from hotel . Guess I will be able to get a taxi from somewhere? Thanks for the advice.
Old 17 Oct 19, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

The Day in LA tour sounds great. Going to book The Tangerine now. I won’t have wifi on my phone once I am away from hotel . Guess I will be able to get a taxi from somewhere? Thanks for the advice.
There is free WiFi in a lot of places and streets in LA .

I have used the hoho buses in the past - they are fun and a good way to get from a - b

Must admit to not seeing cabs everywhere in LA but guess there are ranks around and hotels and stores (upmarket ones) can get you one. I have data included in my plan with EE so just hail and Uber - they arrive within seconds. Check with your mobile provider as you may have it included or you could always add it just in case you are not in a free WiFi area

Edited at 08:09 AM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
There is free WiFi in a lot of places and streets in LA .

I have used the hoho buses in the past - they are fun and a good way to get from a - b

Must admit to not seeing cabs everywhere in LA but guess there are ranks around and hotels and stores (upmarket ones) can get you one. I have data included in my plan with EE so just hail and Uber - they arrive within seconds. Check with your mobile provider as you may have it included or you could always add it just in case you are not in a free WiFi area
Thanks. Will try and find free wifi. With my mobile provider I have to add it for the whole month. I am on a cruise after our stay in LA so would not need it then so it would be expensive to do so, just for that day in LA. Definitely going to give HOHO bus a try as I have mobility issues so will be perfect for me. Great advice. Thanks.
Old 17 Oct 19, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

. Definitely going to give HOHO bus a try as I have mobility issues so will be perfect for me. Great advice. Thanks.
They are great - ISTR there are 3 different routes but they all interconnect and can ride them all for one ticket . I was there with a LA newbie and we were about to have the tail end of a hurricane so wanted to see as much as we can and in a/c as humidity was too tiring. The tour guides were amazing and helped my friend, who had mobility issues too, up and down the stairs and some great general tips - we got off for some photo ops like the Hollywood sign and lunch on Santa Monica pier at Bubba Gumps (amazing location - great experience) - can’t recommend them enough
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
They are great - ISTR there are 3 different routes but they all interconnect and can ride them all for one ticket . I was there with a LA newbie and we were about to have the tail end of a hurricane so wanted to see as much as we can and in a/c as humidity was too tiring. The tour guides were amazing and helped my friend, who had mobility issues too, up and down the stairs and some great general tips - we got off for some photo ops like the Hollywood sign and lunch on Santa Monica pier at Bubba Gumps (amazing location - great experience) - can’t recommend them enough
Thanks that sounds perfect. Which company is this with? Did you book online?