Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Oct 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
How to get tickets for Anfield ?.

DH is 60 in May and has been a lifelong Reds supporter, when he was a young boy and into adulthood for many years he would travel down with friends periodically to see a game, standing at the old Kop back in the day etc.
We have been hitting our Bucket List and he would love to return to Anfield to see a game. I have searched online on and off the last few months or so but it always seems to be via an online auction or something which quite frankly confuses me
Anyone able to give some advice how I could arrange this trip and take him down as my pressie ?

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2015 POFQ, RPR and DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Billy Beatnik
Imagineer

You may be able to get tickets for FA cup games or League cup games as they sometimes have them on general sale. Premier league games are really hard to get and you have to be a member.
Old 22 Oct 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

Via hospitality seems to be the only way - it’s not cheap but ticks the special box
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Also avoid May...last game of season is harder than a few weeks earlier especially a televised game against lower club.

Might be easier to find a season ticket holder to sell you their ticket for one game.

Edited at 07:05 AM.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Email LFC and explain why you want tickets. Most clubs are really good for special occasion tickets.
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

My sons got me a Man U ticket for my 50th however they had to buy a vip museum tour to go with it . It was actually very good - saw the match went round the museum and they then provided free drinks and lovely buffet , one of the best presents I have ever had . Not sure if Liverpool do something similar .
Old 23 Oct 19, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Leec
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Try buying a package deal with hotel? We managed to get a package through Skelton travel. Used them twice now.
Old 23 Oct 19, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
Email LFC and explain why you want tickets. Most clubs are really good for special occasion tickets.
Sorry Dougie but my DH nearly choked on his toast, not for a bucket list!
DH season ticket holder said as others smaller club game, or package
Old 23 Oct 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

What about the day tour of the stadium if you can't get tickets ? everyone I know that's done it said its an amazing tour.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Mobile

You may struggle unless you buy a hospitality package. I have a Liverpool postcode which is supposed to help to get tickets and I still can’t get them. We did the tour for my son’s birthday in August and it was great. We then had dinner at the boot room restaurant. It was a good day out. I’d recommend that if you can’t get tickets. Good luck!