Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 May 20, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

DH and I have a DIY vacation booked for July 20th. We have a fly drive with BA.

We haven’t paid anything off yet and final payments are due from mid June onwards.

So we are waiting it out and I’m trying to be patient. I’m going to let things go until the very last minute.

My only worry is really Travel
Republic as we have hotels booked through them. I’m not sure what they’ll be like to deal with.

I guess we’ll find out at some point.
Reereef is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
2020holibubbles
Excited about Disney

Similar position but with TUI, originally due to be travelling in July and the balance was payable last month. I also booked in store, and have had no joy in trying to call them every day Since the balance due date to discuss my options (I am not paying the balance now). I only paid the deposit, and the reason I booked in store was to have some face to face support should I need to cancel/change anything... and now I’m stuck trying to contact them unsuccessfully.
I’m going to keep tying to call them to try and move to next year.
However, If the holiday gets cancelled I shall use the deposit credit refund note for a last minute short haul holiday next year, as cheap as possible, and I shall book my big holiday with a local agent who I know I can get hold of at any time of day. It’ll cost a tiny bit more, but I’d now pay more for decent customer support.
Good luck everyone with your decisions
2020holibubbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
HolidaySi
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Alohomora View Post
We were debating this over and over again and were due to fly 8th August for three weeks. Our balance was due 10th May.

After going back and forth with our decision we reluctantly cancelled and moved to next year.

Tbh I feel a massive sense of relief that I am back in control of the situation.
We have done the same and actually feel much better having decided to move to Aug 2021. It would have been our first family Orlando and Disney trip flying on 6 Aug for 3 weeks and didn’t want a lesser experience for our kids. Moved villa, Disney hotel and ticket balance due early June-not sure whether to cancel or ask for it to be moved-is there much difference between each way?

Will await to see if flights get cancelled otherwise booked via airfrance and there is the option to get voucher or rebook.
HolidaySi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
CavySlave
Helping Donald

Waiting it out for the flights to be cancellable, and to pay the balance to Disney date, (1 July)

Highly likely I shall be cancelling but we shall see.
CavySlave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
LaraB
Apprentice Imagineer

LaraB's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I've tried the email address to the local store where I booked and customer service and both have bounced back
Lindfields 2008 Coronado Springs 2010,
Lindfields 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2022
LaraB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

We have a holiday booked to Cape Verde for the end of August, balance due 29th May I think. We actually missed a second payment of £500 in April as we completely forgot about it and didn't seem to get an email reminder. This week we got an email reminder for the final balance.

Our situation is a bit different as we do actually want to go if we are allowed to do so. However, we are thinking it's more and more unlikely it will go ahead and this is what makes us reluctant to pay the balance and muck about trying to get it all back. At the moment we are waiting until the last minute until we decide what to do. My partner is very much under the impression that if we miss the payment date TUI will do nothing and are unlikely to cancel it. On the other hand we put in our dates to do a dummy booking and the price had increased quite a bit since we booked in January! So I don't want them to cancel it due to lack of payment, then it turns out we can go, and we rebook and have to pay more!
discoclare is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mebs03 View Post
That’s what my DH thinks too but I’m not sure as we’re the ones effectively cancelling the contract. I filled in an amendment/callback form on 2/5 to change it but not surprisingly they haven’t got back to me. The thing is if we can’t get to change soon we’re not going to want to as the prices will be too much for next year.
I wouldn't fancy paying anymore atm either to be honest. I would contact them several times and keep a copy/screenshot then maybe if you have trouble getting your deposit back this should go in your favour. Hope all works out for you, feeling really sorry for everyone booked for this year
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
davidh71
Trying for More Ears

We are really stuck on what to do at the moment as well. DIY package booked with Accommodation direct through Disney. Booked OKW with Free Dining though - both of which are not available to re-book at the moment but we want to go next year so don't want to lose our deposit.

Then flights with Virgin. If we could re-book for next July / August with a guaranteed price I would be happy to do this. But leaving my money with them to book later when I don't know what the prices might be just doesn't seem right, especially as this option may also mean I am not covered through Section 75 refunds on Credit Card, if Virgin don't survive.
davidh71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

Mobile

We were due to fly 15th August with balance due 22nd May. Couldn’t get hold of travel agent to try something to keep deposit so cancelled losing £600

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 We’re going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Unicorn13x
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We are due to fly 31st July, we paid balance. If holiday going ahead we will be on plane, if cancelled will take money.