Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Oct 20, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Please keep me posted, I fully intend on visiting Blackburn to get fat(ter)
Old 30 Oct 20, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

There’s been at least two Dunkin’s in Leeds and both closed last year. Krispy Kreme however has been around these parts for around ten years. It’s in a much better location than either of the DD were though and they opened a small outlet in couple of shopping centres aswell that always seem busy (KK that is, not DD).

Edited at 10:44 PM.
ely3857 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stace View Post
Hi
So I drive past a KFC in salemesbury blackburn every week to get to work, the KFC never reopened after lockdown and i was quiet sad to see if go as it was one of the first KFC's in england.

Anyhow, I digress So work men have been in for the last month or so and I've been itching to know what it was going to be so i googled it this week and low and behold apparently is is going to be a DUNKIN!

Which actually does make sense as when i drove past this week there was lots of metal tray racks and i did think it may of been a krispy kreme as euro garages who are based in blackburn have some connection to them - however I am pleasantly surprised it will be a dunkin! We prefer dunkin anyway

So Blackburn seems to be on the up, a cinnabon coming soon at one end of town and now dunkin - now all i need is a chick fil a and a target!

For anyone interested it would be about a 10 min drive - if that off the m6 for preston!

I'll keep you all updated if i see any dates for opening!

Stace
Lucky you, I love DD, their french vanilla coffee is tasty & of course the donuts are yummy too, we used to have one in Chelmsford about 20 mins away, but they only lasted about 2 years 🇺🇸☹️
Enjoy 😋😋
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

I didn’t realise it had shut. Whereabouts is Cinnabon? I believe Blackburn now have a home bargains as well.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Cinnabon hasn’t opened yet but will be on the Euro Garage Services off the Whitebirk roundabout 😊

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
Cinnabon hasn’t opened yet but will be on the Euro Garage Services off the Whitebirk roundabout 😊
Brilliant, I can’t wait to try it.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Is it my imagination but has there not been a Dunkin Donuts in Blackburn before ? I’m sure Dunkin Donuts and Baskin Robbins shared a unit in the Mall. It was very short lived unfortunately.

I am restricting myself to one Home Bargains visit a month. The place is huge and I seem to spend a fortune on stuff I didn’t realise I needed !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
stace
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Is it my imagination but has there not been a Dunkin Donuts in Blackburn before ? I’m sure Dunkin Donuts and Baskin Robbins shared a unit in the Mall. It was very short lived unfortunately.

I am restricting myself to one Home Bargains visit a month. The place is huge and I seem to spend a fortune on stuff I didn’t realise I needed !
Yes apparently there was one in the mall a few years ago I think there was more choice for baskin than Dunkin I never venture into town so never went

Praying they stock the dunkachino
stace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
PABBY
Excited about Disney

When our office was based at Whitebirk, the KFC at Samlesbury was always a stopping off point after a trip to or from Preston. Worst thing they ever did was open the M65!
PABBY is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by stevo25 View Post
KFC in Salmesbury shut! I used to go there as kid with my parents and eat in the car in the huge carpark out the back, but then it was a long time ago
Im right there with you. I used to go with my mum n dad. Back then it was just a small White House with a small area to order and collect if I recall correctly. Sad day that its closed down.

If I added it all up I probably could have bought a 4 Bed Detached House
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List