Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Nov 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
baggers
Excited about Disney

A number of years ago we took my MIL to Orlando. We were coming out of the Golden Corral one evening and a man was giving away Mardi Gras beads. MIL stopped to talk to him and realised he used to go drinking in the working men’s club she ran in Leeds 😂😂
baggers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

A few years ago while having a meal at a canal side restaurant in Venice, we got talking to the couple sat at the next table. During the conversation, we found out that they were from Nottingham, and while they were students at university in Manchester in the 80s, they both lived in a rented house just around the corner from where we live.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.

Edited at 08:20 PM.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We went to the Great Yorkshire Show once as invited guests of one of the sponsors. As such, we had a nice lunch in the hospitality tent. We were randomly seated next to a lovely lady who was the wife of an insurance broker who my husband vaguely knew. I was pregnant at the time and she proceeded to tell me the sex of my unborn child (correct), their characteristics and specific things about their nature which turned out to be spot on. What made me remember these ‘predictions’ was because she then went on to accurately describe our house, the internal layout, the furnishings and even details about our wider family and a particular problem which no one else knew about. We had never met her before, her husband didn’t know any personal facts about us and had never been to our house. Indeed, they lived many mile away from us. This all happened over 20 years ago and it was so strange. She was a really well-to-do lady and apparently ‘read’ people as a hobby . 😳
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
BarrettFamily
VIP Dibber

I live in Berkshire and we had someone come to work to train us who lived in Kent. I lived in Kent until I was 12. Chatting with him over lunch it turned out he lived next door to my primary school headteacher.
WDW All Stars Movies 2001- 10th Anniversary
WDW Carribean Beach Resort 2006
WDW All Stars Music 2008
WDW Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa 2018 - 50th Birthday Celebration with Mum.
BarrettFamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Went to an aircraft museum in Dallas and got chatting to one of the volunteers who told us about the trip he had made to find where his ancestors originated from. Turns out it was a village we pass through every day on the school run and my dad knew his family.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We where at Epcot on the bridge waiting for the fireworks I was chatting to my partner and A lady said excuses me but are you from the uk yes I said where she asked Norwich I said she said I know it well my sister lives there and her children go to Earlham high school do you know it I said yes we talked for half a hour 😝
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

We went to centre parks, at whinfell, Cumbria for a weekend break, we live in north wales, we arrived early on the Friday afternoon and decided to go to the swimming pool. After using 5he lazy river I decided to go into one of 5he various hot tubs. I got talking to another woman, who had been for a week stay and was using the pool before going home. It turns out her mum and dad were best friends with my cousins from Carlisle who we had lost touch with. I don’t think she believed me until I started recalling things from the past, it was quite surreal, what a total coincidence we should be in that hot tub, when she should have gone home, and we got there early.
The last time we went to wdw, we were on the flight home, and my husband and children bought a clogau bracelet to thank me for organising the holiday, but when I tried to put it on, I couldn’t, the attendant said don’t worry we have someone in first class who can help, she is welsh ( I am welsh what’s that got to do with it) turns out she lived in the next village and her uncle taught me and my husband at school. She sorted the bracelet, and brought us all goody bags from first class, still have the pen today.

Edited at 11:47 PM.
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Queueing at Tampa airport for our flight home & got talking to an older couple on our flight.
They’d be transferring in London to a flight for Malta where they now lived.

However, they’d lived in London until their retirement; further discussion revealed that the bloke had lived with his parents in the flat I lived in with my parents; we moved in 2 weeks after they moved out in the 70’s!

Edited at 11:47 PM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 01:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

The weirdest conversation I had with a stranger ended with me being invited to a cat’s funeral.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I was in Canada in a small town in the middle of nowhere when I jumped in a cab and gave the address I needed to go. Back came the same Geordie accent as my own. We had grown up a few streets away from each other and knew loads of the same people growing up. Very small world.