No 41 21.69%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 Nov 20, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have mine in my card case , it’s very handy if you need photo ID when collecting anything
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 20, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Always have mine-it’s in my purse.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

As said in the other thread, mine is always in my purse, my partner’s is always in his wallet.

I don’t carry it because I feel that I have to (I already know it’s not a legal requirement). I just find it easier in case I need ID (I occasionally get asked for alcohol), or if I need to collect a parcel and if it’s in my purse I just know where it is at all times.
Fluffypenguin is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

I was slightly surprised how many have said they do and most appear to be similar reasons to myself. For example as picture ID for services such as click and collect.

I bet if this question had been asked 15 years ago before driving licenses had photo's on and were needed for such services the thread would have gone a very different way.

It would have been a more militant view of a nanny state trying to drive a national identity.

Its a bit like the generational gap of what data people are willing to share online. The younger generation where it has been more natural to share data where they get something from it. I.e. ad's and social engagement that is personalised and useful to themselves, and the older generation who feel it is creepy and invasive that things are know about them.

How the world changes, and changes make different things acceptable, or less acceptable if we look at some other things going on in the world.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

I have a paper licence that is 26 years old. No use for photo ID
Anne is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

I never used to but I drive a lot now for work and travel to Ireland so need hire cars. It saves me having to remember to put it in my purse if it’s always there.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Always!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 04:02 AM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I carry mine in my Wallet as it fits nicely in the Credit Card section.

Here it is. Cost me 10/6d so no way am I paying for another one.

Those were the days. Remember on the provisional one how you had to stick the paper tab on when renewing.
silverfox46 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Still have my old paper licence had to renew it when we changed address 31 years ago but it will see me through until I am forced due to age change it, when it becomes free. Do I carry it then no, although I do drive and normally it lives in a drawer unless away and hiring a car.

Edited at 09:16 PM.
JAF is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Amazed that people haven’t needed to renew their licence, mine is on issue number 28 and I’ve only been driving about 15 years ha.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List