Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Nov 20, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I am keeping my fingers crossed that we all get to go on our long awaited holidays. We were supposed to be going to Miami and then Orlando this August and we’d been saving up for four years. It was supposed to be the last big trip before DS gets too big he doesn’t want to come with us. We’ve re-arranged for next year and he’ll be 16 then. I really hope it happens.🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
princess10
Swimming at the All Star Resort

We were originally booked for March 2020 which was obviously cancelled. We then moved to October 2020, convinced all would be fine. Moved again to April 2021, surely that would be ok. We are now thinking we will never get back to Orlando 😒
Despite this we kept looking for later in 2021 and found a great deal with Netflights ( booked with them for the last few years and found them to be excellent especially customer service when booked over the phone) for August 2021 and have booked again😁 so now have 2 bookings for 2021.

We are not confident that either trip will go ahead but really need something to look forward to. Good luck to all that are waiting, I can't wait to be in that tedious line for immigration 😁
princess10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
JoB
Serious Dibber

Just booked our trip last night for August 2021 and at nearly £1000 cheaper than our original August 2020 booking, I couldn't pass that up Like others have said it's great to have something to look forward to over the next few months.
JoB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by princess10 View Post
, I can't wait to be in that tedious line for immigration 😁
You have achieved the first chuckle of the day award as that made me laugh - will it be 10mins or will it be 3 hours who knows - more chance of winning the lottery than trying to predict the mythical “immigration line times”. Our PB was straight through as I was on crutches/walking stick and they let me through the US lane (note to myself pack folding walking stick as well as sun tan lotion)
Old 15 Nov 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
outofdate
Excited about Disney

outofdate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thank you for this thread! Like many we were due to go this August and now hoping for 2021. I have not booked yet, but keep reading this thread to get the wonderful, positive vibes and now actually book! So thank you!
Old 16 Nov 20, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
abzorba
Excited about Disney

We've rebooked our 2020 California trip for August 2021 and also moved a Disneyland Paris Trip from May 2020 to Easter 2021.

I'm not holding out much hope for the Easter Trip (it's offsite at Magic Circus) as I assume Disney Hotel guests will get park priority (as they should) and we don't have Annual Passes yet.

But the California trip should be fine (touch wood, fingers crossed etc) and a lot of it will be spent on the road (socially distanced and self isolated in a rental car). One thing I am worried about is that I've just checked the Disneyland App and our tickets that we bought for 2020 have disappeared...

WDW 1994, 2005, 2015, 2019, 2025 | DLP 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021, 2022
abzorba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 06:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Fan
Proud to wear my Ears

2021... Not Going !

Hi everyone.

Good to read all the positivity here:.

However, having investigated the background and actual current known detail relating to the present wave of daily vaccine reporting, we wont be going next year.

Will concentrate on Living with Covid.

Think it will be at least another year before we get anywhere near having an effective jab, or regular jabs. Therefore not subscribing this time to what I believe will eventually become Project Let Down, and looking at 2022 instead.

Have a good day.
Orlando Fan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
petit-pois
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Orlando Fan View Post
Hi everyone.

Good to read all the positivity here:.

However, having investigated the background and actual current known detail relating to the present wave of daily vaccine reporting, we wont be going next year.

Will concentrate on Living with Covid.

Think it will be at least another year before we get anywhere near having an effective jab, or regular jabs. Therefore not subscribing this time to what I believe will eventually become Project Let Down, and looking at 2022 instead.

Have a good day.
Could you provide links to your sources that have brought you to this conclusion please?
petit-pois is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

August? Meh I'm booked for January. And if we don't make that we will keep moving the flights until we get there!
Have big family holiday booked to Costa Rica for August and I really believe we will be going.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by petit-pois View Post
Could you provide links to your sources that have brought you to this conclusion please?
It’s common knowledge that most people won’t get the vaccine until 2nd quarter of next year at the earliest. Therefore social distancing and mask wearing will be the norm for most of 2021 sadly
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List