Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 20 Nov 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Further cruise cancellations

We’ve just had an email from Princess Cruises to announce further cancellations, mainly in response to the CDC guidelines:
All cruises sailing through 31 March 2021
All cruises longer than seven days sailing in and out of United States ports through 1 November 2021
A small number of other cruises that will no longer be commercially feasible

I imagine other cruise lines within Carnival Corporation will be following suit. For us it means a Vancouver to Tokyo cruise in August and Quebec to Fort Lauderdale in October are gone.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Ew that's not good, we should have been going to the Caribbean next week which we moved to nov next year, that's with celebrity, also part of the carnival group. Wonder if we will get on that one ?
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
Ew that's not good, we should have been going to the Caribbean next week which we moved to nov next year, that's with celebrity, also part of the carnival group. Wonder if we will get on that one ?
It’s all a mess really and governed by current CDC rules. Celebrity are not part of Carnival Corp - but the same rules will apply, so you may be ok with a Nov cruise.
We had planned (booked) a Quebec to Fort Lauderdale cruise for mid October and stay in the same cabin for 16 days in the Caribbean (two separate cruises). The first part has been cancelled so not sure what to do. We need to give it some thinking time.
On the bright side, we had all these cruises booked on £1 deposits and every time they cancel (four so far), we get the deposit back plus £100pp credit. First world problems, bring on the vaccine.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

It’s surprising they are cancelling to next 1 November, a year from now isn’t it. By then everyone should have had a vaccine easily in the US who want it.
I’m staying clear of cruises until I see how this settles down.
Old 21 Nov 20, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
It’s surprising they are cancelling to next 1 November, a year from now isn’t it. By then everyone should have had a vaccine easily in the US who want it.
I’m staying clear of cruises until I see how this settles down.
That’s what I thought - I’m hoping for some semblance of normality summer onwards. Just about to book a 20 day (2x10 day b2b) in the Caribbean for January 2022. Surely things should be reasonably normal by then?
Old 22 Nov 20, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Sad news, cruising get's a bad rep. No other industry hotels, flights, theme parks has been given such strict guidelines.

Old 22 Nov 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

I think its because of the close contacts, and taking any virus to the ports that you stop in.
However I did see yesterday that the new Virgin cruise ships air conditioning system filters out 95% of any virus , which is good
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

All cruise ships as part of the CDC order have to have the air conditioning system that filters like Virgin so this is industry standard (or will be as I know a few ships have gone in to have this installed).

Disney have as of yesterday removed cruises for sail for January and February. It also appears they might have removed those longer than 7 nights prior to November but I haven't checked all sailings just the Transatlantic that I'm booked on (Which had availability on Saturday but has now disappeared). Not sure if this means they are following the same pattern as Princess but it really wouldn't surprise me.
Old 24 Nov 20, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

So to update - Disney have only cancelled through to 31st January. They are however not selling any sailings longer than 7 nights that depart or end in a US port between March and November and no February cruises. This may be to help with the phone lines being overwhelmed with people trying to sort out the cancellations or maybe them being a bit more cautious that things could change
Old 25 Nov 20, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Well, another cruise bites the dust. This was a Princess 16 day Caribbean itinerary in November 2021. The reason given was ‘operational deployment’.