Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 30 Jun 13, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
6jonesss
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed here back in May 2009 there was 25 of us in 5/6 rooms I can't remember. The rooms apparently are individually owned however we all had issues with them. Mine was damp & dirty. We ended up with some of our clothes and my brand new black leather sandals turning green mouldy. The staff were really nice and the pool areas were great. Location wise was also good as it was within walking distance to several restaurants and shops. We never drive and always use the taxis and used the onsite recommended transport everyday, the drivers were really nice it was a husband and wife team, however it was expensive over a 2 week holiday.

In January we returned from staying next door at the westgate palace, we decided to look for somewhere on I drive again as we liked the location and this was perfect, it was the same size as the enclave 2 beds but much nicer. Have a look at the pictures and reviews for here also. Plus they do a free scheduled transport to most of the parks.
6jonesss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 13, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Fiona mac 30
Having Dinner with Goofy

Thanks everyone, glad we only planning as an hour away does not sound ideal, and it will take a chunk of our spending money, will go back and look again.
Fiona mac 30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 13, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
the itrolley won't get you to disney, if you plan on spending lots of time there are arn't driving I wouldn't stay on idrive. Yes its possible by bus but you'll spent a lot of tie travelling and loose a lot of flexibility.

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 13, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs togs
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

got back 2 weeks ago stayed at the enclave suites, great location, staff very friendly and helpfull, we had a two bedroom suite in the middle tower on the third floor, clean and presentable, it was an upgraded room, tow bathrooms and a small kitchen area, tv in all bedrooms and the main area, didnt use the transport to disney or universal, did get taxi to universal $10, great location for eateries and all within walking distance, iride trolly is a slow means of transport, i would recommend a car to get around, if you fly with virgin you get a breakfast free, which is in a seperate area than the other main eating area, cooked breakfast menu changed daily but always fresh omlettes or fried eggs, plenty of tea/coffee/juices avaliable and cakes and fresh fruit. 2 pool areas which have loungers and chairs, can get busy when guests dont do parks. walgreens close by and walmart a short walk away. we would stay there again defo
Old 30 Jun 13, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi we have been here the past 2 weeks and the accommodation hasn't been great we emailed ahead of our stay to ask for an upgraded room and was told they would try and accommodate us but when we arrived the room was vile kids were expected to sleep in an old tatty bed sofa and the smell was sickening so we complained and after showing us around 3 rooms we finally accepted the 4th which wasn't great but looked the cleanest out the lot and it was 2 bedroom so kids had a bed each. But got to say we have had problems with blocked drainage ants and doors locking when closed ( luckily kids weren't inside) but the staff are so helpful that you can't help feel sorry for the amount of complaints they are receiving and we seen a few while here. If you get an upgraded room I don't think u will have a problem as we seen in someones across the landing and looked lovely. We didn't drive and I was worried of this but we bought a lynx bus pass $16 each and used it to get to universal which would take us about 20/30 mins. Disney was much harder only 2 buses to catch and the bus takes you straight to the stop for the 50 but we found traffic was really heavy and took us almost 2 hours to get home one night. We done rope drop one morning and had to get the 615 bus and only just made it for the 830 monorail . Maybe we have just arrived at a busy time but think for our next time we may try somewhere further down I drive but it hasn't spoiled our holiday had a great time and sadly getting picked up for airport in a few hours time to head home
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 13, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post

We have booked to stay here for our Aug 2014 trip because of it's location and we can get 2 bedrooms can't stick all being in one room. All booked through Virgin as I had Tesco vouchers to use. We have a car booked but when we stayed at the four points which isn't that far away I would have stayed there again if we could have got 2 bedrooms. We walked into the universal parks only took about 20mins and used I trolley for sea world and aquatic. But I think for Disney you really will need a car or a nearer hotel to get the best out of it. It does seem to be a bit of a gamble with the rooms as I have seen some reviews of people that love it and go back time and time again and others that have awful rooms. I have joined their facebook page and will be requesting an upgraded room nearer our trip and will have fingers crossed to get one.
Old 30 Jun 13, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymummy
VIP Dibber

disneymummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I've never stayed here (but stayed on this area of I drive lots of times). To be honest I think if you've got children, plan to spend a lot of your time at Disney and don't want to drive then I drive isn't the best location to stay at. The bus option takes a long time and the lynx buses get packed, and taxis can be costly. We stay onsite now, it's much more convenient or lake buena vista area looks lovely too.

Please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

I Drive 1990, 1992, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2004
POFQ 2007, 2012, 2015 & 2020
Old Key West 2014.
Yacht Club August 2017 & 2022
Walt Disney Dolphin 2024

New York 2000, Las Vegas 2003
disneymummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 13, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
stationeryguru
Imagineer

stationeryguru's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
We stayed there last September. We had 2 x 2 bed apts as my parents came too.

We were on the 4th floor and pretty sure the rooms had not been refurbished. They were clean, the beds really comfy but you could tell the room needed upgrading. DH hired a car so we could 'get up & go' whenever we wanted.

Chili's is at the end of the street and has THE BEST steak ever!

Yes we would stay there again but we enjoy staying at different resorts.

Hope this helps?

PS The free Virgin breakfast buffet was pretty good

1989 - Disneymoon, 1991 - QIP & Indian Rocks, 1993 - MIC Lakefront & St Pete's, 1998 - QII & St Pete's Beach, 2001 - ASM, 2003 - QII & Clearwater, 2005 - CBR, 2007 - QIP, 2009 - Dibb Villa Crimbo, 2010 - POFQ, 2011 - Orange Lake Resort, 2012 - Enclave Suites, 2013 Dibb villa, 2014 - Vistana Villages, 2015 - Bahama Bay, 2016 - Bahama Bay, 2017 UC for our 50th + Dibb Villa
stationeryguru is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 13, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
debsym62
Imagineer

debsym62's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We stayed last year and are going back again this year. I agree it isn't 5 star but it is a good location, we were on 4th floor very handy for laundry facilities. It is a little worn around the edges but even if we were in the same room I wouldn't mind. Great view and a nice balcony which many villas don't have. If you want to be near Disney Mystic Dunes is good.
When we go this this I am going to check rooms at Blue Heron resort and Vista cay for a group of us next year.

Edited at 03:40 PM.
debsym62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 13, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post

As I said, we had no issues either time. We did request a refurbed room on a high floor last year and it was lovely. They are indeed, individually owned as already said. We had 2902 (Building 2, 9th floor, Room 2)

We used the transport to SW and Universal which was fine. We got a taxi back from Universal because the hotel shuttle pick up was earlier than we wanted to leave, as already said.. it was about $10. SW not a problem because its on the I trolley route.

To get to Disney we used two options.. first was a private shuttle, I think it was around $40 for 5 of us. The second was public transport.. I trolley to SW and then the #50 to TATC. When the public transport is at its best, it is fab.. One night we got the #50 from the TATC and asked for a transfer ticket, as we pulled up to the bus stop at SW, the #8 was right behind us so we were off one and straight onto the other. Cost was $2 per adult.. bargain! BUT.. it doesn't always work like that, one day it took us 2.5 hours to get to Epcot! The I trolley was late, then there was a shift change, then the #50 took forever to arrive.. it was awful!

We do love The Enclave though and feel a bit disloyal staying somewhere else next year but the free shuttles at The Homewood Suites swung it for us.. It will be our last trip for a while so we want to make every minute count whilst we are there so we obviously don't want to be stood at bus stops all day.
Closed Thread