Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Sep 13, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post

Have a shopping browsing day then go back and buy what u need rather than impulse buying x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 13, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post

register to a few restaurants before you go and remember to celebrate all birthdays and anniversary's while there . As I know loads of people would love to be there for their real Birthday but it isn't always possible, if the queen can have 2 then it must be ok to do
You will get vouchers to print out which can save you money on your meals. Also if you are flexible about meal times try to eat out now and again during happy hours.
Join Groupon Orlando loads of offers and ideas for new places to go
Old 15 Sep 13, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishrover
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 19
Guidebook Reviews: 1
LOST CARS- Nice big ribbon on the aerial, or even better flag outve the window

Now on our 16th trip we have learnt to chill , be nice, everything cant always be perfect there will be niggles but nothing is worse than seeing famillies in full blown arguments in the middle of disneyworld, have a chat beforehand about it and make an escape plan, for when the bubble gets popped.

Irishrover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 13, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida1990
Excited about Disney

Definitely put an England flag on the window of car...cannot add up how many hours wasted walking round parks trying to find car when they all look the same... also take picture of parking lot bay, in-case your forgetful DH doesn't remember it! I love cooking in the villa (occasionally) and then washing everything down with a cold beer/wine and a lazy swim...bliss....Up early to do the parks at the quietest and leave as soon as little ones show sings of flagging)its amazing what a dip in the pool can do to restore good feelings! )..
Stop, sit and people watch...I love this, it can make me cry to see how happy some people are and laugh( to yourself with that knowing feeling) at all the visitors stressing at their mardy kids/hubbys/wives...such fun
Florida1990 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 13, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post

If doing Universal consider stopping in universal hotel for one night to get the front of line passes for two days. We loved them this year and stopped at Hard Rock Hotel.
We never queued for more than ten minutes. Most were 5 mins or less and that was August.
Can't tell you how many times we rode Rip Ride Rocket. 😄
Old 15 Sep 13, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
angelcake71
Imagineer

I didn't cook at all last time... and didn`t miss it! but we may have a bbq this time.. xx
angelcake71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 13, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Teacherdork
Apprentice Imagineer

Take a photo of your number plate - helps if you lose your car and in case you have to sort out speeding fines (which you are not responsible for) when you get home.
Old 15 Sep 13, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Friday'sChild
Imagineer

Friday'sChild's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
Take a five gang plug strip, then only one adapter needed for all that recharging.
Good tip, I have bought one for this trip.

Originally Posted by mollie10 View Post
Have a shopping browsing day then go back and buy what u need rather than impulse buying x
Never works for me, I would remember what I wanted but NOT where I saw it

Our tip would be to give the rep meetings a wide berth, you can find out more on here; and

There really is no need to be at the park at the crack of dawn until the last firework each and every day, plan for some rest time as well, maybe a day or two at the water park so you don't come home more knackered than when you went

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic7748_13.gif
Friday'sChild is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 13, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Don,t plan too much ,have a rough idea of what you want to do each day but just go with the moment its much more enjoyable.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 13, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
muffa2308
Imagineer

I really must be in the minority here... I have spent a not so small fortune on Florida holidays... I really dont see the point in paying £1000 minimum for return flights plus accommodation etc... for 4 people and buying 1 coke and sharing it between the family? I say go large or go home... you cannot have a budget Disney holiday, it cannot be done.. enjoy it life is short... thats my advice. cram it in and enjoy every second...
muffa2308 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread