Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Jan 14, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
welovepedro
Imagineer

welovepedro's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
I was put off Optical express when I went too. Didn't feel overly professional tbh.

Optimax have been great I have to a say.

Also all laser treatment is ''generally considered permenant'' (I quote what they told me) but there is no guarantee regarding how your eyes detiorate with age x
Old 6 Jan 14, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Moodyblue
Imagineer

I had mine done with optimax in Bristol about 6 years ago and can honestly say it's been worth every penny!

2 things to bear in mind...

I was originally quoted 4k+. I went home and googled the opposition and straight away got an offer for 50% off! No issue using it either so only paid 2k.

Go for the latest appt you can and then go home to sleep... Keeps pain and inconvenience to a min and when you wake up you should be fine 😀
Old 6 Jan 14, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post

I had mine done 6 years ago with Optical Express. I couldn't recommend it enough, two of my friends have since had it done.

It's like a medical miracle. I *think* I paid £2.5k...worth every single penny. I spent about 2 months reaching for my glasses... but now can't imagine wearing them! I love the fact I can swim under water, go on rides, rub my eyes, all without losing a contact lense.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 14, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
jellie
Apprentice Imagineer

I had mine done nearly 14 years ago with ultralase, -8.5 & -9.5, it was the best thing I ever did, I still don't need to wear glasses and I'm almost 50. I was told my eyes would naturally deteriorate with age and I'd probably need reading glasses, but I'm okay so far.

Daytona Beach 1991, Loma Linda 1992, Westridge 1993, Buenaventura Lakes 1994, Loma Vista 1997, Sandy Ridge 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2014,2016,2017
jellie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 14, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
hibeesince82
Getting Excited

Ive had mine done and its one of the best things ive done in my life.

Its fantastic!

Simple things like when its raining and you dont have to worry about your glasses to the best things like riding the hulk and seeing everything and not worrying about your glasses
hibeesince82 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 14, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Strommie
Imagineer

Strommie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another recommendation from me! I had mine done at Optimax in Manchester in May 2011 and its one of the best things I've ever done.

I had both eyes done at the same time (Wavefront) and it was around 2k (can't remember the exact amount). I paid it off interest free over 2 years.

The discomfort for a short while afterwards was worth it and was nowhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be
Old 6 Jan 14, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mumx3
Imagineer

mumx3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My Dh had it done about 3 yrs ago, he went with Optical Express and had very good service and aftercare with them. He did have problems with one eye so had to get that re done which was not a problem, the only thing he finds now is that his eyes do get dry so still uses eye drops, all given at no extra cost.

He is very happy that he had them done and I am very happy that I don't spend my time looking for one of 5 pairs of glasses that he used to have!

My Brother also had them done a couple of years ago and has had no problems at all with it, my DH paid around the 3k mark, I think? !?
2003 Xmas..Blue Tree Resort..2007 Xmas..Villa Kissimmee..2008..Mauritius..2009..Marriott Cypress Harbour..2010..CA Road Trip & Xmas in Vegas..2012..Xmas Mauritius..2013.Mauritius..2014.Poland..2015..Canada
2016..New York. & Lanzerote..2017.Caribbean cruise.. 2018..Prague...2018 Turkey...2019 Dubai..2019 India
mumx3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 14, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Yes I've had it done, so has my hubby. Like most people have said its the best thing ever, the freedom from glasses and contacts is just amazing. Just to go swimming and see or wear normal sunglasses etc. Amazing. Both me an DH had the 'top' treatment we could at the time which was (i think!) wavefront lasik intralase. Mine was 3k and DHs 2k as his prescription was -1.25 and mine was -4. This was with optical express and we got it on 3 year credit. We never had the sales pitch, we could have had the £400 per eye thing but the recovery was too long for us. I know loads of people who've had it done now and they all agree its incredible.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 14, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
pudge
Imagineer

pudge's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I had mine done back in 2007 & spent £3k & tbh if I had my time again I probably wld not do it. I can see but had problems with my left eye since having surgery, have been left with a stigmatism & severe dry eyes so I now have to put in eye drops 5-6 times a day! Also now need reading glasses tho they say that can happen to lots go people due to age
[/B][COLOR="Magenta"]2006 Crescent Lakes/New Port Richey, 2008 Highlands Reserve, 2010 Cumbrian Lakes (freebie) & Rolling Hills, 2012 Highlands Reserve, 2014 Bridgewater Crossing, 2015 Rolling Hills/HRH, 2016 Dibb villa Highlands Reserve/HRH & Vegas, 2017 Rolling Hills, Xmas 2018 Rolling Hills & RPR, 2019 Highlands Reserve, 2020 Highlands Reserve canx 2021 Emerald isle fingers crossed
pudge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 14, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
disneynana
VIP Dibber

Its good to read all the good reviews about this,as im having mine done,got my 1st consultation this friday in London,get my 1st eye done the following Friday,2nd one done the Friday after that,im having refractive lenses rather than laser treatment,cost 3.5k
When i went for my original appointment with Optical Express i asked would they knock the price down,they said no, i didnt make up my mind on the spot,left it a week, when they emailed me to offer a discount,so it dropped from 4k to 3.5k in a week!
Im looking forward to being glasse free,but a tad scared about the op,like a fool i went on youtube and saw it in alls it glory,GULP.

* 2 Kingsize Master En-suites * Childrens Themed Rooms,a big hit with kid's,Princess and Superhero,along with a Frozen themed bathrom *
* South facing Pool, not overlooked * Air conditioned games room
* Monitored Alarm, Safe and WiFi * Free local and International calls

www.disneypalmsvilla.co.uk

EMAIL disneypalmsvilla@rocketmail.com
disneynana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread