Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 20 May 14, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Guppy
Excited about Disney

Guppy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
I am also very pale, struggle to use any high street foundation as it's usually too orange.

We got married last year in Orlando, and it was 30-32c most days. I suffer with very patchy redness and oily skin so there wasn't a chance I was going make up free!

I can recommend Dior Nude (I use shade 010). Expensive but works a charm.

Oh, and enzymion moisturiser from lush is also great, it hydrates but mattifies at the same time!

Edited at 06:47 AM.
Guppy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 14, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicki G
Imagineer

Nicki G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I use maybeline great lash waterproof mascara and I use an eye make up remover to take it off, its an oil based one I put on a cotton pad. I usually pop a bit of concealor on where required but dont bother with any other make up during the day. At night its a whizz of the powder brush over my face, touch of bronzer and job done

Nicki

Edited at 08:24 AM.
Nicki G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 14, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I only wear waterproof mascara and then use the eye make up remover wipes. I don't understand how people can wear make up
In that heat !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 14, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
No make up for me but I very rarely wear it at home only if we're going somewhere special I just hate the feel of it on my skin and after a while it starts itching so I'd rather be without it
Old 20 May 14, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by clare g View Post
I'm going for a eyelash tint and HD brows (tinted) so hopefully wont need any eye makeup
Yeah I totally Agree, I do this anyway saves you time in the morning and you don't need to worry about it smudging or anything, so you should look in to it. I'm also pale like you I just put on a little bit of bronzer on and some concealer under my eyes.

I wouldn't worry about it too much though. X
Old 20 May 14, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Thanks for the great tips everyone! I have nipped into my local beautician and asked about the lash extensions and in fills etc she told me that they will only last two weeks then you need to go and have them in filled, they need regular 'up keep' so it's a no no for me because we are away for 3 weeks so don't want patchy eyelashes with some falling out lol so I am have lash and brow tint and I might get some water proof mascara, does water proof mascara not flake under the eye? Other than being bake to swim in it is there benifits to normal mascara?
Thank again x (clear mascara just doesn't boost my lashes, just a waste of space really lol)
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 14, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
To be honest, it's hard to say how much better it is, cause it's not really water it's up against. It's sweat and sunscreen so I guess it's going to smudge regardless (and then be harder to wipe away lol)
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 14, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

I NEVER go out without make-up at home - very scary!

When I am holiday though I don't wear any at all, I don't know anyone and I think it is good for the skin to leave it clean for a few weeks.
Old 20 May 14, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post

I always use waterproof mascara as my eyes tend to water. Never had trouble with flakes under the eyes. Also due to having sensitive eyes I use baby oil to remove eye makeup and mascara, much cheaper than makeup removers and it doesn't irritate my eyes at all.
I would recommend having eye lash and eye brow tint before holidays.
I hardly ever use makeup but do like to use a bit on holiday as it is also the only time I tend to be in photo's and me in photo's totally makeup free could be scary! But in the day that is only mascara and evening might be eyemake up and lipstick, far to hot for foundation and powders and no need for blusher or bronzer as I am usually looking rather pink and warm
Old 20 May 14, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Thanks for the great tips everyone! I have nipped into my local beautician and asked about the lash extensions and in fills etc she told me that they will only last two weeks then you need to go and have them in filled, they need regular 'up keep' so it's a no no for me because we are away for 3 weeks so don't want patchy eyelashes with some falling out lol so I am have lash and brow tint and I might get some water proof mascara, does water proof mascara not flake under the eye? Other than being bake to swim in it is there benifits to normal mascara?
Thank again x (clear mascara just doesn't boost my lashes, just a waste of space really lol)
Hmmm - maybe no good for me then as I'm there 3 weeks. My beautician did say they should last the holiday, but after having a gel finger nail that came off on day 4 of a holiday abroad last year (and them telling me they should have been fine), I'm inclined to go for an eyelash tint instead - although I'll need to wear mascara at night as tints really don't do that much for me!
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread