Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 21 May 14, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
JackyH
Imagineer

JackyH's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

What a lovely start to your holiday. I always enjoy reading your trip reports and am so glad for you that there's another one as I know you had thought you weren't going to return. The room at grand Floridian looks stunning. Looking forward to reading more.
Old 21 May 14, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Clare,
What an amazing trip report I'm glued, mainly because for the first time ever next year I am going solo, I am staying at Beach Club (a real treat) as I too love Epcot and cannot wait to walk through the 'backdoor' whenever I feel like it.

I have been a little worried about eating alone but definitely up for Tepan Edo and I just hope I get lovely friendly people on my table, otherwise I may just have to be rude back

BUT, and I now blame you for this clare, I may have to go again in 2016 and stay at Wilderness lodge! And I don't care if that means cancelling all family birthdays and christmases hehe

Keep up the good work. When are you off there next?

Sarah
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 14, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Oh, what a room and what a view. Fabulous.

Shame on the cab driver and the rude lady at Teppan Edo. Sounds like they both need a bit of Disney magic and sparkle to me!

Another lovely day, shame you weren't able to extend your flight.
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 14, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsWoody
Very Serious Dibber

Would love to stay at GF some day, looks amazing

May 2015 - Planning:Vero beach, 4nt Disney Dream, Dibb Villa @Westridge,WDW Dolphin & RPR Club level
MrsWoody is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 14, 05:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Bobsledwheels
Imagineer

Bobsledwheels's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Mobile

That view is absolutely gorgeous!

Another lovely day, I always think the same of teppan edo - why do people bother if they don't at least acknowledge their table mates politely? That said the food is fab :-) xx

USA: Jan 07 10n off-site // Jan 12 5n NYC, 11n I-Drive //
Oct 14 3 wks - Honeymoon! YC // Oct 16 Orlando 14n OKW // May 17 2n Cali adv & DL // Dec 18 10n AKL

PARIS: Sept 12 3n at SL // Nov 13 4n SL // Nov 15 4n SL (cut short) // Nov 16 4n NPB
TOKYO // HONG KONG: April 16 4 Days TKDL & TKDS // May 16 1 Day HKDL
CRUISES: Oct 14 4n Bahamian // June 15 7n Norwegian inaugural // Sept 15 11n WBTA // May 17 5n West coast // May 17 7n Alaskan // Dec 18 4n Bahamian

Edited at 05:34 AM.
Bobsledwheels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 14, 06:01 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

How nice that you enjoyed WL more than you expected. GF looks just amazing, can't wait to have lunch in GFC. Your room and all the finishing touches look really fab. Nice day !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 14, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
What an amazing view again.

I want to try Teppan Edo one time.
I really struck it lucky with views, I didn't ask for anything at WL and only 4th floor at GF - sometimes I think it's best not to expect or ask for too much and let the CMs work their magic

Originally Posted by pixie81 View Post
Wow, what a beautiful view you had and such a lovely resort. Such a shame about the taxi driver and the rude lady in Teppan Edo. We love it there too.

The turn down service is a nice touch as well as the fresh flower. They really do think of everything don't they? The spa toiletries look lovely too
Some people are so unDisney aren't they

I had fab housekeepers again this time, I think by my leaving my room tidy for them it gave them time to do other things like leaving extra little touches. I love the spa toiletries and my local M&S sell them too

Originally Posted by JackyH View Post
What a lovely start to your holiday. I always enjoy reading your trip reports and am so glad for you that there's another one as I know you had thought you weren't going to return. The room at grand Floridian looks stunning. Looking forward to reading more.
Thank you

Originally Posted by Disney Nanny View Post
Clare,
What an amazing trip report I'm glued, mainly because for the first time ever next year I am going solo, I am staying at Beach Club (a real treat) as I too love Epcot and cannot wait to walk through the 'backdoor' whenever I feel like it.

I have been a little worried about eating alone but definitely up for Tepan Edo and I just hope I get lovely friendly people on my table, otherwise I may just have to be rude back

BUT, and I now blame you for this clare, I may have to go again in 2016 and stay at Wilderness lodge! And I don't care if that means cancelling all family birthdays and christmases hehe

Keep up the good work. When are you off there next?

Sarah
Thanks Sarah you will have a fab time, I love the Epcot areas so much, we just had a miserable woman on our table but I'm sure you'll be fine, if not I agree with your sentiment lol

Lol re the Wilderness Lodge, such a stunning resort.

Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
Oh, what a room and what a view. Fabulous.

Shame on the cab driver and the rude lady at Teppan Edo. Sounds like they both need a bit of Disney magic and sparkle to me!

Another lovely day, shame you weren't able to extend your flight.
Thanks, yes they needed a whole heap of Disney magic and sparkle!

Originally Posted by MrsWoody View Post
Would love to stay at GF some day, looks amazing
It is a beautiful resort, I'm glad I stayed there but still prefer other resorts

Originally Posted by Bobsledwheels View Post
That view is absolutely gorgeous!

Another lovely day, I always think the same of teppan edo - why do people bother if they don't at least acknowledge their table mates politely? That said the food is fab :-) xx
I really struck lucky with that view, loved it.

It does make me giggle when people book Teppan Edo but don't want to sit on a communal table

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
How nice that you enjoyed WL more than you expected. GF looks just amazing, can't wait to have lunch in GFC. Your room and all the finishing touches look really fab. Nice day !
It surprised me too lol
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 14, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
kellie
Imagineer

what an amazing view from your room
Old 28 May 14, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Strommie
Imagineer

Strommie's Reviews
Wow, love your view!
Old 30 May 14, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
hross42877
Imagineer

Mobile

Great read!

Holiday Inn I-Drive (Honeymoon!) Oct2003 /Quality Inn Plaza Feb 2005
Sheraton Studio City International Drive Oct 2010/2012/2013
Animal Kingdom Kidani Village Oct 2014/2016/2018/2023
Atlantis Palm Dubai? 2024
hross42877 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List