Notices

Old 30 Mar 17, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
lallan
Apprentice Imagineer

lallan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Lallan's Family Vacay March/April 2017 Live-ish! Day 4 - Hollywood Studios & Manny's 27.3.17

Day 4 - Hollywood Studios & Manny's Chop House 27.3.17

Walked 11,264 steps (4.6 miles/7.4km)

Spent - $230.10
Boys spent - $115

Breakfast in the villa again this morning and boys had an hour or so in the pool before getting ready. My mum & dad's bus left the Avanti Resort at 10.15am with an estimated arrival time at Epcot around 11am and they'd need to make their way to HS using Disney buses so we arranged to meet at the entrance at 11.30am. We got there in no time, paid the $20 parking and parked up in Music 49. I had brought a Mother's Day card for my mum and put $50 in for her to treat herself.

We met up with mum & dad and first up was Frozen Sing a Long. I LOVED this... the boys not so much lol The snow at the end was just magical and seeing all the little Princesses with their dresses on in the audience and their faces just lighting up was the cutest thing ever. At moments like this I so wish i had a daughter of my own!

We headed over to Pixar studios for our first FP...Toy Story This ride is so much fun for all the family. It's very well done and the boys love it.

After this we went over to Star Wars Launch bay and watched the presentation. My dad is the only real star wars fan among us and he really enjoyed this. I believe any Star Wars fan will absolutely be in their element here in Hollywood Studios now.

Next FP was ToT. Although DS3 is tall enough he refused to ride. This is the one where DS1 passed out during the ride last time. We're up the back row and as you can tell from the pic I was busy checking he was still with us when the pic was taken. Luckily no fainting this time!

We stopped for some drinks and ice cream. x2 cokes and x3 Minute Maid frozen lemonade pots $20.50.

We planned to see the Indiana Jones stunt show after this so made our way over but we were turned away as the stadium was full to capacity. Not to worry as our next FP for Star Tours was up. This has been updated since we last went on it in 2015. Really like the changes.

Muppets 3D next. We all love this, it's so well done and it never gets old.

After this it was The Great Movie ride. I love this but have to say the gangster that 'hijacked' our ride left a lot to be desired. I think the CM that you get really makes this ride and sadly she was rubbish!

Everyone was getting hungry by this point so we decide to leave the park and head to Manny's Chop House on the 192 for dinner. We have mixed emotions about this place. It was here that our car was robbed last year and caused a lot of upset and the boys were really scared. On the other hand we all love the food so much! Last year it was just a case of wrong place wrong time and my parents have never eaten here before and were keen to try after our rave reviews of the food.

So we arrived around 5.30pm and we're seated at a high table straight away. I had a coupon for a free Appetizer so we shared boneless wings. They brought out the bread rolls and the salad...yum yum!

Kids eat free here on a Monday and Tuesday. It's also 2 for 1 happy hour every day between 4-7pm.

I got my usual Prime Rib Dip. It is HUGE and so tasty! DH had a 16oz t-bone. Dad had 1/2 chicken and ribs and mum had teriyaki chicken. DS1 had kids grilled cheese, DS2 had mac+cheese and DS3 had chicken fingers. Bill total came to $79.86 plus tip. We split it so paid $45 each for meal + tip. I took half of my dinner to go!

Dropped in to target at rolling oaks. DS1 bought a nerf gun $29.99 and some bullets $9.98. DS2 and DS3 bought some more Five Nights At Freddy's toys. Also bed sets! Total in target was $201.74.

After this we headed back to Hollywood Studios for Fantasmic. The stadium was absolutely packed to the rafters! You need to wait an age on the show starting but it's worth the wait, I love it. One of my fave shows. I think they should organize the times better though so you can watch both fantasmic and the fireworks. Left the park after the show and dropped my parents off at I drive. We were home before 10pm and straight to bed...what a long day!

Shopping and Mickey golf tomorrow

Edited at 03:12 PM.
lallan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Iloveflorida
Imagineer

Sounds like a busy day so far, love reading a live report, gets me even more excited for our trip in a month.
Old 30 Mar 17, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by lallan - 30 Mar 17 3:41 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Glad you're having a fab time! So sorry to hear about your car being robbed last year, must have been scary, there will be none of that tho year tho I'm sure!

Loving your trip report, I like nothing more than seeing food and reading receipts! I'm a bit nosey like that, but it gives me inspiration on what I can eat when I get there (been dieting since Christmas and I need proper food!), and love seeing how much it will cost.

Keep em coming!

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Great day and pleased the visit to Mannys was less dramatic than last year !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good but busy day

Joan
Old 31 Mar 17, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

You really packed your day. Manny's looks really good.
Old 1 Apr 17, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Sounds like a great day, enjoying reading along!
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Oh love Mannys, the bread is so delicious Sounds like your having a great holiday so far
3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 17, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney
Imagineer

Great day. Love Mannys

July '17 - Sunset Lakes, Aug '15 - Windsor Hills, Aug 13- Highlands Reserve,Aug '11 -Windsor Hills
Oct '09 - Sunset Lakes,May '08 - Lindfields,April '07 - Florida pines,April '05 - Florida Pines,July 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza,I Drive. May 96 - International Drive
lovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List