Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
NYC, LA & Vegas - Day 11

Index here

I woke up at 8.30am today with the alarm, got Aaron up at 9 and met Laura downstairs at 9am. The plan was to have one last breakfast together but when we got down Laura nor Aaron were hungry so I just grabbed a bagel & head back up to the room. I can’t count the amount of missed email opportunities this holiday and by this time I was so fed up I just wanted to go home. Not the ideal end to the holiday but I was in a stinking mood.

Last view of the strip...

We left the hotel just before 11am, managed to get petrol after a bit of a search & then head to drop of the rental car. We got the shuttle pretty quickly to T3 and as we had premium seats we were also through check in really quickly. Aaron was excited as we spotted a guy in the queue with us from Storage Wars, a program Aaron watches. It was Jarrod Shultz & his wife Brandy if anyone else watches. We were give the 3 middle seats in row 2.

Aaron spooted a Carls Jr next and hungry by this point decided to get some food. He and I both got a chicken burger meal, Laura got chicken tenders and onions rings. We had to wait a good 15 minutes for the food but it was lovely & fresh when it did come. $37. Laura of course didn’t like hers so Aaron ate them too. He said they were really good.

We boarded on time and after a slight delay as someone had been ill & they had to disembark & have their luggage located we were taking off about 30 minutes late.

The flight was good, I had a reclined for the whole journey and Im sure the seat was broken as nit came back another couple fo inches further than everyone else. Made a change for me to get it though as normally it’s Aaron that suffers. We snacked on crisps and watched a few movies each. I managed an hour and a half nap but no one else slept.

Towards the end of the flight I was feeling very sick and for the first time ever had to be ill in a plane toilet, not nice! Thankfully afterwards I felt fine. I tool the breakfast offering gladly and ate both mine and Lauras blueberry muffin which were most welcome!

We landed on time with a pretty scary landing, The pilot had said we were waiting for better visibility and after we came through the clouds the ground was right there & we landed, bounced back up & landed again! Not good.

We got off the plane & were through immigration quickly, bags didn’t take too long wither & we were soon headed for the car. I did the drive home, we stopped at my parents house to grab our god & then dropped Laura off where we stopped to talk to Aarons grandparents for a bit. Finally we set off home and after snapping this below photo of our beautiful blossom tree we crashed into bed at about midday.

We slept until 6pm then forced ourselves out of bed to have some dinner. We then tried to watch Pirates of the Caribbean but both fell asleep on the sofa. Bed not long after and I had a full night’s sleep before getting up for work the next day. Not ideal but it does help break the jet lag!

And there we have it, the end to another report! To summarise, the holiday was good, NYC weather wasn’t great and neither were our meals. We won’t be taking Laura again and we most likely won’t be heading back to NYC, LA or Vegas again any time soon as I don’t think they are as good with a baby as Florida would be, so that’s the most likely place we will visit if we can afford it next year!

Thanks everyone who read along & took the time to write a comment! xx
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 17, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Thank you so much for such a fab report Abi, and thank you so much for getting it up so quickly! I have loved reading all about your trip and have got some great tips and ideas for our West Coast adventure next month.

So sad that it didn't go as smoothly as you would have wanted with Laura but we live and learn in these situations eh?

I am very excited for the next TR that will include your little princess... Florida is a must as soon as you can!

Wishing you a smooth and comfortable rest of the pregnancy, I will be eagerly awaiting an announcement of her arrival come September!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 17, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Thank you so much for such a fab report Abi, and thank you so much for getting it up so quickly! I have loved reading all about your trip and have got some great tips and ideas for our West Coast adventure next month.

So sad that it didn't go as smoothly as you would have wanted with Laura but we live and learn in these situations eh?

I am very excited for the next TR that will include your little princess... Florida is a must as soon as you can!

Wishing you a smooth and comfortable rest of the pregnancy, I will be eagerly awaiting an announcement of her arrival come September!
Thanks for reading along & commenting, Ill be watching out for your photos when you're there & of course the trippy too!

Florida with a baby is a scary thought but also tempting while their plane trip is free Im thinking April 2018... xx
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 17, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
tracynoe
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks for sharing, let us know when baby arrives x
tracynoe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 17, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
As always a good trip report , you need to go next year just to do a report .

Btw Connor was 18 mths when he first went to Vegas ;-) he went there before Florida .
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 17, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for sharing Abi, I've really enjoyed your report.

It's a shame Laura put a downer on things but kudos for doing so well, I couldn't even consider a trip like that with my MIL!

Looking forward to hearing your exciting news, I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well xx
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 17, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for sharing your trip, your food all looked amazing in Vegas - my mouth is watering! Shame you had some diffuculties with MIL but glad you got a bit of alone time!
Old 19 Apr 17, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
A great trippie as usual Abi. Sorry it ended on a bit of a sour note for you though.

Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. Looking forward to hearing about your next holiday with a baby in tow. X

Edited at 08:01 PM.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 17, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

Great trip report as always, thanks for posting, hope the rest of your Pregnancy goes well x
emmabanana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Rockycat
Excited about Disney

Thanks for another great trip report, I always enjoy reading them. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well 😃
Rockycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List