Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 15 Oct 17, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Stewboy
Imagineer

All Villa No Filler - Day 15: Hash House A Go Go and Flight of Passage

The Index

Saturday 5th August 2017

Following yesterday’s late night watching Happily Ever After we had a lie in today, waking up at about 8:35am.

We had a relaxing morning, and after a breakfast of fruit, yoghurt, and egg sandwiches and I wrote some trip report notes.

Jo spent some time on the MyDisneyExperience seeing if she could get a FastPass for Flight of Passage - although we’d resigned ourselves to not getting to ride it on this holiday, Jo thought there might still be a chance. At one point, she got very excited, it turns out by constantly refreshing the app, some FastPasses had become available and she’d snapped them up!

With our afternoon plans suddenly taking a fun turn - we’d originally planned to just do some shopping - we decided to get ready, and go out for brunch.

We had a $40 voucher for Hash House A Go Go which we needed to spend. We’d been putting it off as it’s all the way down International Drive, but we only had a couple of days left to spend it so thought we should go today, and then do a bit of outlet shopping at Premium Outlets as it’s right there.

After a 50 minute drive, we arrived at the restaurant, only to find at the weekend the parking is limited to valet only - and it was full. Parking over the other side of the road, we then had to get across International Drive to get to the restaurant.

The view of Hash House A Go Go from where we had to park the car!

We finally managed to get across the road, and into the restaurant. It was a really hot day outside, and we were glad to get into the restaurant. Fortunately there was no wait, and we were seated straight away.

At our table we ordered drinks; Jo ordered Peach Iced Tea (which she said was really yummy), I had a Homemade Lemonade.

Jo's yummy iced tea

Looking at the menu, and the surroundings, I couldn’t help but feel this was the sort of place that should be in Shoreditch or Soho with a large of queue of bearded hipsters waiting outside to get a mismatched seat at one of the undersized, too close together, tables. Their thing is large portions of breakfast food.

For our food we ordered the following:
  • Me: Griddled HH meatloaf & 2 eggs served with mashed potatoes, fruit & biscuit
  • Jo: Andy's Sage Fried Chicken w/ maple reduction, 2 eggs, bacon mashed potatoes & biscuit
  • Isabella: Buttermilk Flapjack Served with Two Eggs w/ bacon sausage

Griddled HH meatloaf

Andy's Sage Fried Chicken

Buttermilk Flapjack

While we waited for our food to arrive a balloon lady came to our table, Isabella requested a pink unicorn - of course!

Balloon lady

Pink unicorn

The food arrived, and they certainly didn’t lie - it was huge! Looking back at the photos, it looks really good, but I’m afraid it was a case of style over substance. My meatloaf was really good, but the rest of it was just ok. Not a place we’re in a rush to visit again.

Decor

With our $40 voucher, the bill ended up only coming to $3.48, so that was one bonus. We settled up and made our way to the exit.

Time was just gone 2pm when we left, and we made the short drive to Premium Outlets - or at least, we tried to! The traffic was awful, and after sitting in it for at least 20 minutes and barely moving, we ended up having to turn around - we couldn’t even get into the car park, let alone try to find a parking space.

Feeling thoroughly annoyed about wasting precious time (this was our penultimate full day), we decided to drive over to Animal Kingdom early. We had our Flight of Passage FastPasses for about 4pm, and Isabella had her new Wilderness Explorer book (and her WE badges) with her, so she could try to get the two Pandora badges.

At Animal Kingdom we parked up in Butterfly, which meant we were close to the entrance. We walked to the entrance, and headed straight to Pandora. Isabella managed to get one of the two new Pandora badges: the Botany Badge.

Unbelievably, we saw this car 5 days ago at Epcot https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=12868303

Isabella: Senior Wilderness Explorer

Now it was time for our Flight of Passage FastPass. We were so excited! As we entered via the FastPass line we noticed that the standby line was at 2.5 hours; it was a really hot day, and I wouldn’t have fancied standing out in that heat for all that time.

Pandora

Getting on Flight of Passage

Being matched with a Na'avi

Standing on our numbers

As you’ve no doubt read, Flight of Passage is a brilliant ride, and we were so glad to have been able to ride it. It raises the bar for theme park rides - it’s no exaggeration to say it’s the best ride at Walt Disney World AND Universal.

We left Pandora and decided to stop in the Nomad Lounge for a drink. We’d hoped to get a seat inside out of the heat, but it was busy so had to sit outside. Luckily we found a table, we saw a lot people who couldn’t find one while we were there, and it was actually really nice out there.

After perusing the menu, we ordered the following:
  • Me: Tempting Tigress (Russell's Reserve 10yr Bourbon, St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram, Tamarind Syrup, and Lime Juice)
  • Jo: Annapurna Zing (Bombay Sapphire East Gin, Passion Fruit Purée, Mint, Simple Syrup, and Lime Juice topped with Ginger Beer)
  • Isabella: tap water!

Love the design of this menu

Tempting Tigress

Annapurna Zing

Tap water

The drinks were really nice, Jo’s also came with a glowing flower that changed colour.

Jo then ordered another drink - Jenn’s Tattoo (Ketel One Vodka, Watermelon, Hibiscus, and Lime Juice) - which she didn’t enjoy as much

Jenn's tattoo

We had a lovely time relaxing at the Nomad Lounge, but now it was time to make a move, as the weather was beginning to turn and a storm was on its way. The bill was $37.01 excluding tip.

Honestly, I'm not drunk!

As we made a quick to march to the exit, the rain started. We were poncho-less but Jo did have an umbrella which she made use of. Fortunately we weren’t that far from the exit, and managed to get back to the car before the rain got really heavy!

Grey skies

Jo with her umbrella

The drive home wasn’t pleasant due to the heavy rain, but as it was easing off we popped into Publix at Berry Town Center to get some bits for dinner.

The umbrella didn't keep her totally dry!

Good job we got a trolley

We left Publix and arrived back at the villa at about 7pm. Isabella had her dinner when got in: an egg sandwich with olives and tomatoes, and a chocolate doughnut for dessert.

Jo and I had some chips and dips to keep us going until dinner time, and I finished off her margarita drinks that she’d bought last week, and not liked - I thought they tasted ok.

Once Isabella had finished her dinner, she showered, and was in bed by about 8pm. Jo and I then played some pool, accompanied by a few whiskey and cokes, before a dinner of Publix bought pizza, with salad and olives.

Pool time

Pizza

Post-dinner entertainment consisted of watching King of the Hill on TV, before going to bed.

Another day done, Only one more full day left

Thank you all for reading.

Isabella's day 15 (if you're wondering why she's always a day ahead,
it's because her Day 1 was my Day 0

Edited at 04:35 PM.
Stewboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 17, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Flight of passage sounds great, sounds like nice relaxing time a nomad lounge too
Old 15 Oct 17, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day but a shame about your breakfast and the traffic

Joan
Old 15 Oct 17, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Ooh Jo's cocktail (first one) sounds amazing, that's going on my list of drinks to get!
Hash house a go go sounds a bit rubbish - such a shame when there's so many good places around. At least it was super cheap with your voucher!
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 17, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Nomad Lounge cocktails sound good! Brill you managed to ride Flight of Passage xx
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 17, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Lovely day again! So jealous you rode Flights of passage. Huge pity you didn’t enjoy hash house. We loved it last year, but had burgers and not breakfast.
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 17, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Another great day.

Those breakfasts look ridiculously huge.

I didn't ride Flight of Passage but M & the girls told me it was awesome.

Looks like you're going to get the report finished before you head off on your next trip!

Thanks for sharing.
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 17, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

The outlets at the weekend are HORRIBLE!

Flight of Passage sounds amazing! Did Isabella find it scary?

Great read again x
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 17, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Love you Oswald t-shirt!

I've been avoiding reviews of Pandora and its rides until I had been myself and now I'm really enjoying everyone's opinions, FoP really is almost too good to be true. It has been really excited for Tron at Magic Kingdom.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 17, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
bambikate
VIP Dibber

bambikate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 25
Awww yay so pleased you got your fastpass! So freakin excited to go on this one.

The drinks looked nice, would like to try Nomad lounge.

Can't wait for the next day!

What a fab picture Isabella! xx

IG: _disneykate_
YouTube: DisneyKate
bambikate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List