Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 24 Mar 19, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieandCarl
Trainee Dibber

Mobile 1900 Park Fare Breakfast as an Adult Couple?

Hello,

We are currently planning our ADRs and we like the look of 1900 Park Fare, however we aren’t overly keen on meeting face characters as we’d feel a bit awkward! Can anyone who has been before tell us what the interaction like? Or if you have any other suggestions for a table service breakfast!

Thanks
EllieandCarl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

I’ve only ever been with adults and this is one of my favourite character meals. Breakfast with Alice and the Mad Hatter is brilliant and Alice seems delighted to hear UK accents; dinner with Cinderella, Lady Tremayne and the Ugly Sisters is hilarious! My last visit (and my next) I was there solo and had a great time with all the “face” characters I met. Just remember to react to them as their character, you’ll love it!
Old 25 Mar 19, 04:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by EllieandCarl View Post
Hello,

We are currently planning our ADRs and we like the look of 1900 Park Fare, however we aren’t overly keen on meeting face characters as we’d feel a bit awkward! Can anyone who has been before tell us what the interaction like? Or if you have any other suggestions for a table service breakfast!

Thanks
Well you could go next door to the Grabd Floridian Cafe? We have had a lovely breakfast there.

I haven’t been to Park Fare but we have done a princess breakfast as two adults. I think they know that adults may not want to interact but might like a photo as that is what they did for us. No awkwardness.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
catalunya
Excited about Disney

Went to Park Fare as 2 adult couples in December - Characters were great, quick 20 second chat and a photo then they moved on - we were happy with that as the kids next to us were so desperate and excited to see them!
There are CMs that check on their rounds so you could always ask them to miss your table out if you didnt want them to stop by?
POR - May 2015 | DLP Newport Bay - Nov 2016 | SSR - May 2017 | Surprise BC upgrade! - Dec 2018 | ASM & SFR - Nov 2021 | PFB & CBR - Sept 2022 | POP & DCL Magic - June 2023 | PFB - Sept 2023 | DCL Dream - Dec 2023 | Universal - May 2024
catalunya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Just tell the cm you don’t want any photos with the characters, or when they come to your table, they are very good at picking up that you may not want to participate with them, they may say a quick hi good morning or wave then move on.
We’re adults and sometimes we have pictures othertimes were happy to watch others and just eat, just let the cm know when they come round to inform you that one of the characters will be with you shortly.

Jules
signtalker is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Practice some lines! Ask the ugly sisters which one is the pretty one or how big their feet are! Ask lady Tremain how she is finding getting her daughters married and point out any eligible bachelors at the table. Ask the mad hatter where the door mouse is or what his favourite kind of tea is. Ask Alice how she felt about being smaller and taller and if she is back to regular size now.

Yes you can avoid it all but you can make some amazing memories if you join in! We were a party of 4 adults at Crystal Palace for breakfast in September and piglet came by and was HILARIOUS - he kept pointing to our bacon and looking shocked and hurt and we had to all apologise! It is one of our favourite holiday memories. Then he moved to the next table, also adults, and they silently and awkwardly took turns posing for pictures - it was quite sad as you could tell it was no fun for any of them. Yes you have to put in a bit of effort but it can be a truly special part of your holiday - it is only awkward if you make it that way!
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DisneyFoodie View Post
Practice some lines! Ask the ugly sisters which one is the pretty one or how big their feet are! Ask lady Tremain how she is finding getting her daughters married and point out any eligible bachelors at the table. Ask the mad hatter where the door mouse is or what his favourite kind of tea is. Ask Alice how she felt about being smaller and taller and if she is back to regular size now.

Yes you can avoid it all but you can make some amazing memories if you join in! We were a party of 4 adults at Crystal Palace for breakfast in September and piglet came by and was HILARIOUS - he kept pointing to our bacon and looking shocked and hurt and we had to all apologise! It is one of our favourite holiday memories. Then he moved to the next table, also adults, and they silently and awkwardly took turns posing for pictures - it was quite sad as you could tell it was no fun for any of them. Yes you have to put in a bit of effort but it can be a truly special part of your holiday - it is only awkward if you make it that way!
Bit patronising there. Maybe we are just all different. We are happy to just have pictures taken and for the characters to move onto the next table, it is not remotely sad or awkward.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
florenceandmary
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Merryweather View Post
I’ve only ever been with adults and this is one of my favourite character meals. Breakfast with Alice and the Mad Hatter is brilliant and Alice seems delighted to hear UK accents; dinner with Cinderella, Lady Tremayne and the Ugly Sisters is hilarious! My last visit (and my next) I was there solo and had a great time with all the “face” characters I met. Just remember to react to them as their character, you’ll love it!
This is great to hear! I've booked dinner as whilst we have a 7yr old with us, the majority of our party are adults so I think the stepsisters would give some entertainment for us!
florenceandmary is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Bit patronising there. Maybe we are just all different. We are happy to just have pictures taken and for the characters to move onto the next table, it is not remotely sad or awkward.
Oh apologies, not intended that everyone who just does pictures is sad or awkward, just that this table looked really miserable and awkward - I felt they made it hard on themselves. But agreed that sometimes we just do pictures too! Sorry if it came across negatively!
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
disneycarla
Apprentice Imagineer

We did this last year Dh is a big fan of Mary popins so he loved it we had photos done then when Tiger came along Dh bounced with him great fun by the way we are a couple and in our sixties food was very good too