Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 22 Oct 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby 52
slightly serious Dibber

Alamo full size SUV /MCO

Hi anyone know what full size SUV's are normally available at Alamo MCO ?
scooby 52 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Billy Beatnik
Imagineer

Tend to be Ford Expeditions, Chevy Tahoes and Nissan Armadas. I’m hoping for an Expedition, I will categorically refuse a Nissan. Hate them!
Old 23 Oct 19, 02:14 AM  
Link to this Post
RC22
Very Serious Dibber

Last fri (18th) I picked up a Chevy Tahoe - they also had Nissan Armada and a Suburban (no Expedition at that time, I asked) Went with the Taboe and I love it. Loads of toys, V8 engine, very comfortable and handles well for a vehicle of its size. Loads of room. V happy. Done about 350 miles in it so far and it’s a joy to drive.
March 2010 I-Drive Quality Inn International Nov 2011 I-Drive Homewood Suites Oct 2012 The Dibb fave Coral's Villa Lindfields Aug 2013 Blue Heron Resort Aug 2014 NY & Orlando Cane Island 10yr Wedding Anniversary., Oct 2016 Windsor Palms, Royal Pacific and Disney Dream Cruise , Aug 2017 Emerald Island Oct 2019 Emerald Island & Vero Beach Aug 22 Glenbrook villa The First Bite That Gets You Hooked. Trip Report
RC22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 05:21 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby 52
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by RC22 View Post
Last fri (18th) I picked up a Chevy Tahoe - they also had Nissan Armada and a Suburban (no Expedition at that time, I asked) Went with the Taboe and I love it. Loads of toys, V8 engine, very comfortable and handles well for a vehicle of its size. Loads of room. V happy. Done about 350 miles in it so far and it’s a joy to drive.
Thanks for the info, i will be doing around 2000 miles so hoping for something nice/
scooby 52 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 03:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

The offerings were very thin at our pick up a week back. There was only a beat up Nissan Armada which I refused. Asked for a Ford Expedition said It'd be 15 mins wait but they brought one round in 5 mins. Limited version. White. Only 10k on the clock. Absolutely fantastic vehicle. Lots of toys. Air cooled seats, remote start etc. Plenty of power. Very very happy.

Definitely dont take the first option and always ask for something you prefer. Cant go wrong with a Tahoe or an Expedition for me
Old 24 Oct 19, 05:28 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby 52
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Trebor1 View Post
The offerings were very thin at our pick up a week back. There was only a beat up Nissan Armada which I refused. Asked for a Ford Expedition said It'd be 15 mins wait but they brought one round in 5 mins. Limited version. White. Only 10k on the clock. Absolutely fantastic vehicle. Lots of toys. Air cooled seats, remote start etc. Plenty of power. Very very happy.

Definitely dont take the first option and always ask for something you prefer. Cant go wrong with a Tahoe or an Expedition for me
Thanks for the info
Old 24 Oct 19, 05:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Trebor1 View Post

Can i ask - on what grounds do you refuse the car? I can't see anywhere it says you get to chose the car so what stops them just saying fine don't take the car but it is in the class of vehicle you hired so you are not having your money back?
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
I can't see anywhere it says you get to chose the car
Because with Alamo at MCO (and at MIA, TPA and FLL) you can check in online and go straight to the garage avoiding the terminal desk and pick your own car from the row you've paid for. You can go to either garage A or B and sometimes they might bring a "better" car round for you from the other side.

MCO is a 24/7 operation handling over 800 flights a day and cars are being returned between 12.01am and 11.59pm so it's totally pot luck as to what you'll see in your row at any given time of day.

Mick

Edited at 07:38 AM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Because with Alamo at MCO (and at MIA, TPA and FLL) you can check in online and go straight to the garage avoiding the terminal desk and pick your own car from the row you've paid for. You can go to either garage A or B and sometimes they might bring a "better" car round for you from the other side.

MCO is a 24/7 operation handling over 800 flights a day and cars are being returned between 12.01am and 11.59pm so it's totally pot luck as to what you'll see in your row at any given time of day.

Mick
Thanks Mick. Sorry, I should have said i was talking about a full size SUV. I have done the OLCI and picked from a row for other class previously at MCO with Alamo. But last year we went in to Tampa. Expected the same. They do have the rows to pick from for other classes, but they went and got the full size suv and drove it round and said here you go - so there was no picking from a row.

In that scenario is there any grounds to say no I don't want that car. Sure you can always ask and might get lucky, but is there actually any justification that can be used for refusing it? Or are you relying on goodwill?
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Apologies but on phone which I never DIBB from. Only ever book full size car at MCO and always enough choice. Never flown to TPA nor booked any SUV.

Edited at 12:46 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List