Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Mar 20, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Never again will I use virgin holidays

So yesterday my flight with virgin Atlantic was finally cancelled and refund authorised. We were due to spend a week at Marco island 4 days later booked through virgin holidays but they’re refusing to refund despite the fact the hotel’s restaurant, beach, pool and gym are all shut the entire time we would be there. The hotel states on its website that full refunds will be given to anyone booked until 30th April. We were due to be there from 19th to 26th. I’ve said it’s not acceptable but they’ve cut me off. Not sure what to do now.
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Did you pay with a credit card by any chance? If so, I believe you should be protected under S.75
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes I did thanks Lily. I will wait and see if the entrance ban to USA is extended in which case hopefully I can get a refund from virgin holidays They’re the only company being unhelpful. I just want it all cancelled.
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by saratogajan View Post
Yes I did thanks Lily. I will wait and see if the entrance ban to USA is extended in which case hopefully I can get a refund from virgin holidays They’re the only company being unhelpful. I just want it all cancelled.
You should be okay then one way or another. I know it's all very stressful (as we're very much in the midst of it all ourselves) but I'm afraid some of these things will have to run their course so to speak before we get them resolved.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Email them with a copy of the hotel page and their own covid policy page. Say there has been a fundamental change in facilities available to you for your entire stay COMPARED to what was advertised when you booked and you'd like a refund. A dibber had a similar experience a few years back.threatened small claims court and got a refund
Check ABTA and ATOL rules and moneyexpert website.I think virgin are members if both. Good luck

Edited at 03:15 PM.
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks
Old 30 Mar 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
kcanderson
Imagineer

So yesterday my flight with virgin Atlantic was finally cancelled and refund authorised. We were due to spend a week at Marco island 4 days later booked through virgin holidays but they’re refusing to refund despite the fact the hotel’s restaurant, beach, pool and gym are all shut the entire time we would be there. The hotel states on its website that full refunds will be given to anyone booked until 30th April. We were due to be there from 19th to 26th. I’ve said it’s not acceptable but they’ve cut me off. Not sure what to do now.
We have four nights booked for this hotel at the start of May through Virgin ,hope their gonna do the right thing
kcanderson is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve emailed the hotel who emailed back straight away. They are contacting VH to tell them they will refund everyone who is booked up to 30 April . Will see what happens. VH just aren’t replying to me now.
Old 30 Mar 20, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I’ve emailed the hotel who emailed back straight away. They are contacting VH to tell them they will refund everyone who is booked up to 30 April . Will see what happens. VH just aren’t replying to me now.
Keep all the evidence for a small claims action
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

is it not classed as a package then?
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List