Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Sep 20, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

iPad

My iPad is on its last legs so looking for another.

Just wondered what’s people’s thoughts were on the Pro? Is it worth the price?

TIA
Old 24 Sep 20, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
I have the Air 2 which is nearly 3 years old now, not sure what the current equivalent is. I don’t need it for work purposes and only use it for basic word documents, Internet, music, gaming etc.
I went for one with reasonable storage and am very happy with it. Don’t think it will need replacing for some time.
I think the Pro would be more for someone using it for work and multiple applications, they are a lot more expensive.

I’m sure someone with better knowledge of the Pro will be along to advise

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I have an iPad Pro 2nd generation

I use it for browsing, connect with its magnetic keyboard for use as a laptop, and use it a lot now for zoom and skype calls on its stand. Compared with my old iPad its like having a colour TV when the old one was black and white I.e. you dont know the difference or what you a re missing until you have had one and you would never go back sort of thing.
The camera is great too but I dot use that as much as my iPhone
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

The latest releases earlier this month made the Pro irrelevant for most casual users as the new Air does as much as the Pro for the.majority of users.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

I got the iPad Air 2019 for Christmas, it replaced an iPad mini 4, as I hoped to use it for more work “stuff” so I didn’t need to carry my laptop around. I haven’t needed to use it for that this year!

My DH had intended to get me the pro, like he has, however the Air 2019 works with the magnetic keyboard and pencil, 2 of the features I was keen to have, at a more competitive price.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
The latest releases earlier this month made the Pro irrelevant for most casual users as the new Air does as much as the Pro for the.majority of users.
Very much THIS ^^^^

The new iPad Air is so good, people are questioning the worth of the current incarnation of the iPad Pro at the price point.

So, I'd say either...

- Get the lovely new iPad Air
- Keep an eye on the Apple Refurb store to see if you can pick up a discounted Pro - apple/uk/shop/refurbished/ipad
- Wait for the Pro refresh - no dates on that yet.

Personally, I'd go for the new iPad Air.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyExplorer
Imagineer

I was facing the same thing as was unsure to choose ipad pro or new ipad air so will wait next month for reviews. Think i'll go for new ipad air as only use it for reading and watching movies.
Old 24 Sep 20, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by DisneyExplorer View Post
I was facing the same thing as was unsure to choose ipad pro or new ipad air so will wait next month for reviews. Think i'll go for new ipad air as only use it for reading and watching movies.
There's plenty of glowing reviews out already on the new Air.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyExplorer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
There's plenty of glowing reviews out already on the new Air.
Googling now.
Old 24 Sep 20, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I had to upgrade at the start of lockdown as for some reason I could never get on my iPad! Upgraded from the iPad 5 to the Air 3 (2019) bought a refurbished one from Apple. As mentioned I’d highly recommend keeping an eye on Apple refurbished (from Apple) you get a new case, new battery, and the same warranty

I believe the new basic IPad is essential the 2019 Air. The latest Air has fantastic specs and without a specific need can’t see why anyone needs the Pro. I’d have thought the new Ipad (8th Gen) would be fine for most people’s need but you’d need to upgrade the storage from the basic level as 32Gb is no good for anyone these days. At that point prefer to spend more and get the latest Air if 64Gb storage is enough for you
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List