Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Oct 20, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Restless leg syndrome

I have had this for quite a few years now, on and off, but not too badly, until recently. I have done a lot of reading of various websites, spoken with the GP who has arranged a blood test and I am praying that it won’t be too long before I can get some help.

Does anyone have this and how do you cope?
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Yes I get it and find it gets worse the more stressed I get, it’s been most nights lately. ☹️

I find that tensing my legs as much as I can for as long as I can half a dozen times can help alleviate it just enough to get to sleep.

I think it might be lack of magnesium and/or iron.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes I get it on and off, never had it until I was pregnant and now can’t get rid of it.
Mine is always evening/night time.
I find it worse if I haven’t drunk enough during the day.
I sleep with my legs on a pillow to elevate them. Also holding each leg straight up to stretch helps.
All else fails get up and walk around.
Good luck, hope you find an answer
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

My poor dh suffers with this over the last couple of years and takes tablets that help. Requip (Generic Ropinerole) is the name here.
angelbabe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Being iron deficient can be a cause.One medication we often dispense is Pramipexole.We do give Ropinirole but the Pramipexole seems more popular
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 12:57 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

I get it too but find drinking lots of water during the day plus one glass of tonic water really helps. My grandad suffered and my Mum does too.
Old 23 Oct 20, 01:06 AM  
Link to this Post
CG1
Excited about Disney

I have had them for about 20 years. I sleep with a pillow under my knees, or between my knees if I'm sleeping on my side. I also take the lowest dose of gabapentin when required - it's not usually prescribed for restless legs but my Dr read a study about it's effects on the condition so figured we'd try it. It works for me and every Dr since has kept prescribing it as it's easier than testing out different meds to find another that works when this one works just fine.
CG1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I have had it for as long as I can remember.. right back to pre teen years. One of my sons also has it.it is mild and we simply tolerate it. Both will be shaking a leg throughout our waking hours.. agitating my wife!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:54 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

My Dad has it, he is on medication from the hospital, sometimes he can be up all night walking around

I also have it, but not as bad x
Edie ray is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
LostPrincess
Serious Dibber

I get it when stressed or anxious, my only solution is to calm my brain down, but easier said than done.

I hope you find a solution xx
LostPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List