Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 22 Nov 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyandmoana
New Poster (4)

Waiting for Dining plan?

Is anybody else waiting until Dining plans come back into the booking game? I don't feel its worth it with all that's not included at the moment, particularly without having the free dining- as much as I miss it I would rather wait till 22/23 potentially and do it properly x
mickeyandmoana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I'm not as I find it too restrictive. I make use of it if it happens to be free when I book but I wouldn't pay for it because of the way I eat.

Edited at 11:04 AM.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
staceymum
Getting Excited

We are. I find staying on site is not good value without a plan. The food prices are crazy - No way am I paying £4 for a yoghurt out of pocket.
staceymum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
No because I don’t think we’ll see free dining for next year. There’s a remote possibility that it could be offered via the Disney US site if they need some sort of incentive but I’m not holding out for it. We have CSR booked with the free nights deal and what we’ve saved on full price would cover food anyway more or less.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

First of all, I can't see free DDP coming back unless Disney suffer a real drop in bookings which, with the 50th birthday stuff etc, I don't think will happen for 2021.

Second, I'm not a fan of DDP as I find it restrictive and prefer to eat at the wider range of much more reasonable restaurants outside of the Disney environment. Even when we did have DDP, we still ate outside and ended up with unused credits.

I also don't think it is as free as people think these days as the already expensive room prices seem even more expensive during DDP offers.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

I probably would stay on site without free DDP, but only at a value resort. Although I might even opt for one of the Disney Springs area hotels as they still have the benefits but are much cheaper and in a great location.

They bring back free DDP, I'll be straight back in a mod or deluxe. I think it will come back in one form or another. For me, I love it as I'm one of those people that stresses about how much we are spending on holiday (we're not short on money or getting into debt to go on hols - it's just my nature) and it made me so relaxed the whole time knowing we could have whatever we fancied and it was all pre-paid.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding

Edited at 10:18 AM.
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post

No not waiting for it. I didn’t have a dining plan last time I went and I much preferred the flexibility over where I can eat and what I can choose off the menu. Obviously I wouldn’t turn free dining down, but I don’t care about getting it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

We got full value out of the DDP. We go in winter, we don’t have chuldren and we like Signatures - we ate at 5 Signatures by saving up credits. We don’t drive so don’t eat offsite.

If they bring back DDP even at a charge, we would get it.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Memories4You
slightly serious Dibber

We love the DDP but not enough for it to stop us going. With the free nights and $200 gift card we went and booked. This trip we'll eat when we need to and won't feel like we've consumed enough food for an entire village !
Memories4You is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
meanwoodwhite
Excited about Disney

Why do people who don't like DDP always have to pipe up on threads about it.
meanwoodwhite is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List