Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 3 Aug 12, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracykph
Excited about Disney

Tracy & Paul Joint 50th Birthday Trip Sept 2012 Pre Trip Rep

Hi

This is my pre trip report for our holiday this year.

On this trip there will be just the two of us me, Tracy and DH Paul. This year we both have our 5oth birthdays October and July. We thought about going all inclusive somewhere, but couldn’t decide where to go. Then DD said she was going to be moving in her boyfriend and needed to save more money and buy things for their new house. This was 18 months ago nearly, so that was that Florida here we come. We first went to Orlando when DD was 4 years old, and 6 visits later we last went in 2010 when she was 20. At first I wasn’t sure whether we could go without her as it has been a big part of our lives and OUR FAMILY HOLIDAY, but DH said we will go back again and DD and her boyfriend , who came with us on our last trip can come with us then if they want to , we will celebrate paying off our mortgage ONLY 5 YEARS TO GO and with our 30th Wedding Anniversary in 2014 the time will go quickly.

Any how back to our birthday trip. We are going 20th Sept to 4th October, staying offsite, we were quoted an extra £1ooo to stay in a Disney hotel, that’s a lot of spending money, so we are staying at Windsor Palms,2 bed condo, had a 3 last time, really like this community handy for the parks and restaurants, thanks to the dibb we found Windsor Palms amongst lots of other hints and tips.

Although we are only 2.5hrs from Gatwick, we are going to do twilight check in, did this last trip saved a lot of time on travel day and will be staying at the Premier Inn near North Terminal the night before. We are flying Virgin as we like to fly into MCO and get going asap. We have booked Discovery cove, MNSSHP, both of which we have not done previously. Plan to go to Cirque de Soliei and try and do the keys to the kingdom tour. We will be eating at the Plaza Restaurant, really like this restaurant and a first for us the Sci Fi Diner, as recommended on the Dibb. We will also be visiting some of the steak houses. We love the theme parks and will be going to all Disney, Seaworld, Universal both parks and Busch Gardens. We both really like going on the coasters, but also make time to see the shows, I am sure we will find things to see and do that we have missed over the years.

The suitcases are in the spare room and my Holiday Drawer is ready. I always pack the week before, DH will pack the Monday before we go. I leave all the electrical bits to him, chargers, iPods, iPad etc. He is also in charge of booking the holiday for the Lady of the House, that would be our cat Tina she is 12years old we got her from the cats protection league when she was a young adult cat. I look after all the paperwork, have already checked everything twice and know I will get DH to check again with me. I am such a worrier, getting worse the older I get. Now where did I put the passports?

Tracy

Edited at 05:16 PM.
Tracykph is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 12, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Louisa Jane
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Sounds great - I will get round to going to Discovery Cove one day! It's my 50th in 3 years (where does the time go ) so I'm already thinking ahead of things I can treat myself to!
PS I wish I only had 5 years left of the mortgage
Old 3 Aug 12, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Iloveflorida
Imagineer

sounds like you are both in for a nice holiday, we are doing discovery cove this year for the first time for our wedding anniversary.