Notices

Old 21 Aug 12, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
kanickie
Very Serious Dibber

Nicky and Neil's DisNey AdveNture!

Hello everyone!

I am Nicky (26) and this is me with my DBF Neil (29) (At Hard Rock Calling watching Bruce Springsteen earlier this year!)

We have booked our trip to Orlando for next June 2013. I am so soooooo excited!

I first went to Disneyworld in 1996 when I was ten years old with my parents. I fell in love and vowed to go back!
Highlights of the family holiday i remember-

-Being scared out of my mind on Alien Encounter with my dad (have revisited on Stitch's Escape and it's just awful!)
- Scraping up my knees in Blizzard beach
- Riding the Phoenix at Busch Gardens with my parents looking on in horror
- Giant turkey legs... never quite got that
- Riding ToT over and over
- Swimming in a giant Mickey-eared swimming pool at our hotel in Kissimee

I have been to Disneyland in Anaheim, CA a few times as I am lucky enough to have friends in California. I also briefly visited the Magic Kingdom when I was 18 when I did a gap year travelling the states. I remember having high tea in the Grand Floridian but was desperate to stay in Florida, I didn't want to move on to the next city!
Neil has been to DLP twice and has wanted to get out to DW for a very long time!

Anyway, fast forward to today and Neil and I have been together for 7months. That's not very long I hear you say! And to have booked such a full commital holiday for next year is a bit full on!
Well actually no Neil and I have been best friends for two years, prior to us getting together so I feel like I have been with him a lot longer!

Enough of that! ;P
Our pre trippie...

We shall be staying at the Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando for 14 nights, flying with Virgin.

We shall be buying Orlando freedom passes which means we will be able to dip in and out of Disney as much as we like during our stay. (Although I have been obsessively planning our days already!)

I turn 27 during our stay and we're planning on buying the around the world Segway tours of Epcot on my birthday. We shall be drinking around the world and finishing the night at La Hacienda de San Angel for Illuminations.
So excited!

Anyway, I have rambled enough! that's it! cant wait to report it all back next year!

Edited at 12:09 PM.
kanickie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 12, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Iloveflorida
Imagineer

Sounds like a great plan in the making!
Old 22 Aug 12, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
kansaskitty
Imagineer

Hi Nicky, great start to your pre-trippie! You look like a lovely couple, my DBF thinks Neil's got a great beard (ha!). Great slushy story about you two being friends and turning into a couple, and wonderful plans so far- particularly for your birthday!
Can't wait to read more, we're going the month after you and we're hoping to start our trip report soon (can we hold out until 300 days? aagh!).
Take care xxx
Old 23 Aug 12, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
kanickie
Very Serious Dibber

Aww thanks! Yes, Neil does get a lot of beard compliments haha!
I know, it was pretty hard to hold out and do my pre trippie so early! You should do it anyway
kanickie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 13, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
kanickie
Very Serious Dibber

Bumping this because we are now only 51 days to go and sooo excited!

We have booked ADRs at:

- tusker house (dinner) being veggie we heard that this is a good place to visit!
- 50s prime time (lunch)
- la hacienda de San angel (dinner for my bday)
- wishes dessert party
And hoop de doo musical revue which Neil lovingly bought as part of my bday pressie, he has also bought me a 50s style two piece (very modest mind!) bikini. I am very spoilt I know!
We have joined a photo share thanks to the wonderful Becky too.
All that's left are our dollars to order!
Old 13 May 13, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
i198g
Serious Dibber

24 Days left, you'll have a blast!
i198g is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List