Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Aug 13, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Radcliffe
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I.D wrist bands suitable for older kids ?

Hey there Dibbers

Need ideas of where to purchase ID wrist bands for my 7 and 9 year old boys - a lot of the ones I have seen online are aimed at younger kids and toddlers - not something they would be happy to wear. I just need to be able to write our mobile numbers on them as they are obviously old enough to give other details out if they get separated from us - was going to just put a slip of paper in their pockets but noticed lots of their shorts have no pockets. Any other suggestions/alternatives welcome too please.
Radcliffe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 13, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
suebo
Very Serious Dibber

Have you seen idbands? They might be ok with them.
Either that or maybe put your name and number on a card (business card style) in their pocket and tell them if they get lost to give it to a cast member.

DLP: Aug 92, Aug 97, Jun 02, Nov 07, Apr 11, Feb 15, May 16, Oct 16, May 17
WDW: Oct 96, Feb 04, Feb 06, Feb 08, Oct 13
Disneyland: Mar 99, Sept 06
Tokyo Disney: Apr 98
suebo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 13, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post

I had this problem and left it late to order so have got some that he will probably find babyish (ds who is 9 next week) but unless he can remember my phone number he will have to wear it as he's terrible for wandering off.

There are some nice ones but they are about £10 each which seem suitable for older kids - think I seen them on eBay.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 13, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
suebo
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Radcliffe View Post
was going to just put a slip of paper in their pockets but noticed lots of their shorts have no pockets.
Sorry just saw this bit.
Perhaps you could get some labels with your mobile number on to sew into their shorts ( sort of like the things you get for their school clothes) not sure how practical that would be though
suebo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 13, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post

We use blank stickers. Write our contact number on it and stick it on them, on their back for the younger ones so they aren't tempted to peal it off.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 13, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
thepricefamily
Apprentice Imagineer

What about a wristband - the charity ones that are rubber? You could then write your details on with a Sharpie or other permanent marker. These are quite trendy at the moment too, so they prob won't mind wearing them - my two seem to have more on their wrists every week! You could put the details on the inside.
HRH Club Level & AKL Savannah Club Level 2020
thepricefamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 13, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
If they have a lanyard stick it inside the lanyard. I suggested a luggage tag tied onto a button to my 12 year old , like paddington ...the looks he gave me lol
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 13, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by thepricefamily View Post
What about a wristband - the charity ones that are rubber? You could then write your details on with a Sharpie or other permanent marker. These are quite trendy at the moment too, so they prob won't mind wearing them - my two seem to have more on their wrists every week! You could put the details on the inside.
You can get a rubber minecraft one on ebay x
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 13, 02:46 AM  
Link to this Post
KerryAtter
Excited about Disney

update

Originally Posted by thepricefamily View Post
Oooh, what a good idea! Or you could do it on one of those snap bracelets!

I'm going to try this out with my 8 year old, to see how the sharpie stands up to the wear
Old 9 Aug 13, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Radcliffe
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Cheers everyone. Will check out that website and the charity bands sound like a great idea (found two in the bottom of a toy box the other day). Especially like the idea of a Minecraft one - my kids eat, sleep and drink Minecraft at the moment! Think I'll take a few extra in case of loss. Eeek, thinking of this is getting me excited! Can't wait to be in the parks again.
Radcliffe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread