Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Jan 15, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Butterfly145
A Guest at All-Stars

Virgin said no need to pre book seats

Talking to the travel agent today I asked about booking seats together on the plane she said its free 24hours before flying and no one books before hand any more
Is this true?
We are a party of 7 and I want us to all be together is possible or there will be a lot of walking up and down with my little one
Butterfly145 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 15, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
lorribull
Proud to wear my Ears

I'd book them especially if you want 7 together. We've booked ours for August - as have other people looking at the seating plan.
lorribull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 15, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

You will get a distorted vision of reality by asking this here though. Most folk are not interested in the exact seat they are in etc so would never dream of paying money to choose a seat. However, a high percentage of folk who use the dibb forum do over think things a bit (just my opinion, no offence meant before I get complaints! ) and tend to plan things to the tiniest detail. So those people will be booking seats and paying the money at the earliest opportunity possible.

All I am trying to say is don't get into a panic about it if lots of replies tell you they are booking seats. I would trust the travel agent.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 15, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post

I've booked mine for May but wanted specific seats.

There wasn't a huge amount booked when I did mine though.

You can go on and have a look and maybe just keep an eye on the seating plan nearer the time?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 15, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mikejt26
Very Serious Dibber

The agent is talk a load of Poop.
There are seven of you .
If you all want to be seated together it is safer to book seats.
You also get the choice how you are seated .
In 2 x twos and a three or a four and a three etc.
Just read the posts here booking seats are a dibbers pastime
We are also a party of seven flying PE . We don't fly until June I booked the seats in November . If I booked today we would not be sitting in a row together
mikejt26 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

We have also booked ours, we are a party of 7, on checking the seat plan lots of seats had already been booked so bit the bullet and also booked. I gave 3 children and did not want the prospect of us all being split up.
Stardust5 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
JP13
Apprentice Imagineer

Well she's half right..! It is free to select seats at 24 hour check in, earlier if you are a Flying Club member. However it is not true to say people are not paying to book- some certainly are.
While they will endeavour to seat children with parents, if there are 7 of you it may not be possible to get seats together, depending on how busy the flight is- if it's a popular time- eg school holidays, then paying to book would be sensible if you will be disappointed if all 7 of you are not together.
JP13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 15, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Butterfly145
A Guest at All-Stars

Thanks I thought it was a bit odd that everyone just suddenly stopped pre booking
Butterfly145 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 15, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
bolton
slightly serious Dibber

We fly out in 8 days and have just checked the seat plan and there are plenty of empty seats available all over the plane.
bolton is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 15, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

I have all ready booked my seats for September. I would much rather, pay and no that we are sitting together. I couldn't stand the stress in case we were split up. I think with seven of you, if you want certain seats it might be advisable to book early. Otherwise you can take a chance and book when you can get it for free.