Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Nov 20, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
floridafamily
Imagineer

New rides and upgrades for WDW Magic Kingdom 50th

Obviously covid has caused issues and will have stopped works.

Is there any news on the delayed dates things will now be ready.
Jan 2012 – Disney Port Orleans Riverside
Sep 2012 – Hotel Cheyenne, Disneyland Resort Paris
Nov 2013 - Disney Port Orleans Riverside

Nov 2014 – Hotel Cheyenne, Disneyland Resort Paris
Feb 2016 - Disney Caribbean Beach Resort
floridafamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Ingram01
Helping Minnie

Ratatouille is scheduled to open at Epcot in 2021, probably Spring.

Tron at MK and Guardians at Epcot are still under construction without an official opening date. My prediction is Tron will open before the 50th anniversary and Guardians in 2022.

I also predict the Splash Mountain refurb will start once Tron opens.

Over at Universal, Velocicoaster is scheduled to open Summer 2021.
Ingram01 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

Spaceship Earth is rumoured to start its upgrade in April next year and reopen for Epcot’s 40th Birthday in Oct 2022. So can see Ratatouille opening by April.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 20, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
floridafamily
Imagineer

fab, thanks so much
Jan 2012 – Disney Port Orleans Riverside
Sep 2012 – Hotel Cheyenne, Disneyland Resort Paris
Nov 2013 - Disney Port Orleans Riverside

Nov 2014 – Hotel Cheyenne, Disneyland Resort Paris
Feb 2016 - Disney Caribbean Beach Resort
floridafamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 20, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ingram01 View Post
Ratatouille is scheduled to open at Epcot in 2021, probably Spring.

Tron at MK and Guardians at Epcot are still under construction without an official opening date. My prediction is Tron will open before the 50th anniversary and Guardians in 2022.

I also predict the Splash Mountain refurb will start once Tron opens.

Over at Universal, Velocicoaster is scheduled to open Summer 2021.
There is rumour that after the outside canopy is done on Tron then that is it for some time. I did notice on the D23 stuff the other week Tron was missing from mention.
aprilshack is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I really hope Guardians is done by the time we go in September 2022! They've been building it since what? 2019?
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by floridafamily View Post
Is there any news on the delayed dates things will now be ready.
For a lot of the forthcoming attractions, there was never any official dates. Only educated guesses made by fans. So it's difficult to know how delayed the dates will be - I mean we still don't know any of the dates of many of these attractions...

Tron Lightcycle Run at MK was expected to open in Summer 2021, or at least in time for the 50th anniversary in October. Surprisingly work seems to have halted on this and Disney doesn't seem to mentioning it (unlike other forthcoming rides they're doing). So we're not sure what's happening with that one. I'd like to think it'll open before October next year.

Any other rumours for changes at Magic Kingdom - like the oft-rumoured Wreck-It Ralph attraction where Stitch's Great Escape used to be - have been shelved indefinitely.

Ratatouille at Epcot is expected to open in Spring 2021. They're still working on that and it looks almost there. That's slipped 6 to 9 months.

Guardians of the Galaxy ride is still being worked on and we're still getting updates about that. That should open in Spring 2022 at the latest, but possibly sometime in late 2021 - maybe October 2021? Again, around a 6-9 month slip.

Harmonius firework show at Epcot is probably going to start sometime in 2021 - probably the summer. Again a similar slip to the others.

The new Play Pavilion at Epcot is now scheduled to open in Summer 2021. I think we original thought this would open towards the end of this year.

The Festival Center/building in Epcot has now been demoted to just a festival area, with no new building. Looks like that project has been shelved. Same goes for the Mary Poppins attraction in the UK pavilion; that's been postponed indefinitely. And I haven't heard much about the Moana-themed Journey of Water, so that may not be happening now. Although the last we heard was that it was opening in 2021?

Universal still seems to be pushing ahead with the Velocicoaster in IoA and that looks like it'll open next year, probably only a couple of months after it was expected to open.

Who knows when the new park - Epic Universe - will open though. Universal had said they were delaying it indefinitely but have said they are going to build it at some point. It might open in 2024? Maybe? It's too far in the future to predict really.

Seaworld's Icebreaker coaster is now opening Spring 2021. As is Busch Gardens' new Iron Gwazi coaster, which is also opening next Spring. They've been delayed by around 12 months, because they were both originally planned to open in Spring 2020.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Tron and Guardians Of The Galaxy Ride have been removed from 2021 new content coming.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Looks like tron and guardians of the galaxy wont be open until 2022 now. Construction has been put on hold
Old 4 Jan 21, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Tron and Guardians Of The Galaxy Ride have been removed from 2021 new content coming.
Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
Looks like tron and guardians of the galaxy wont be open until 2022 now. Construction has been put on hold
It's sort of surprising that Tron has moved out to 2022.

I mean, I know the virus has caused all sorts of disruption but it seems strange it's taking additional time than, say, Ratatouille which was announced at the same time. The track for Tron and the main building framework was completed in November 2019. It's also a little surprising given they were still working on the exterior to Tron a couple of weeks ago.

I guess they want to save money after the distaster that was 2020 and they probably don't predict a significant upturn in visitors until 2022 (when, hopefully, the restrictions will be significantly lessened).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List