Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Jan 14, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
EnchantedRose
slightly serious Dibber

Can I pick your brains?

I'm probably being uber lazy and I'm sure there'll be a thread somewhere answering my questions, but I just wanted to ask you DLP pros the following questions:
  • In your humble opinion is it cheaper to DIY or travel agent?
  • What's the easiest way to get there?
  • What's the most cost effective way to get there?
  • Hotel recommendations?
  • Duration?

I should probably give you a few important details:
  • There will be 4 adults and 2 children on the trip. (Children will be 8 & 4)
  • Wanting to go Sunday 7th December - Thursday 11th December
  • Definitely want 4 nights and 5 days (obviously there will be some promotion on to lure me in)
  • Have my eye on Sequoia Lodge (having spent my only trip at Santa Fe I wasn't really blown away RHYMING!)

Any other tips/advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've been before but it was in 2007... and I can't remember a thingy dingy.

Also this is such a different trip for me, as we will be taking quite a few first timers with us (my mum, my niece and my nephew). I don't have kids myself, and want to make it the best possible trip for them. I understand that I won't be able to go at my usual pace but have compromised with using the pool a lot more etc...

Cheers

Florida 2012 - Trip Report
DLP 2007, 2014, 2016 WDW 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2016 DL California 2010, DCL 2017

Edited at 08:03 PM. Reason: Hideous spelling mistake!
EnchantedRose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 14, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

Hi, I dint have answers to all your questions but if you fancied driving there the Davy Crockett ranch would be your cheapest option plus driving there and using the eurotunnel is the cheapest way to get there. Your only other options would be to book two rooms. I have only been to dlp once but I would say most in forum would say fit is cheaper. Book hotel & tickets via the Disney website and travel seperate, either flights, eurotunnel, eutostar or ferry.

The Sequoia Lodge looks lovely and if we could fit in the rooms we would definitely book here but we are a 3a & 2c so the Davy Crockett fits us better.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 14, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Jen78
Imagineer

We always do DIY ... Hotel thro disneyland Paris, transport ourselves.
If you ring you can often get better deals

4 nights is a good length

Where are you traveling from?
I have done all modes of transport before!
You can usually get deals or offers on the tunnel or ferry.

Davy Crockett is a good option for you as 6 would fit in 1 cabin however the room may be a little tight for 2 adults and 2 children of your age..it's my favourite place to stay...you do need a car tho, however it is possible to hire a car and pick it up from the train station if necessary.

My second favourite is sequoia lodge, you would need 2 rooms there tho
Jen78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 14, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
EnchantedRose
slightly serious Dibber

I've not really considered Davy Crockett, as because there's 6 of us, we would need 2 cars, but maybe I should start looking at that!

I've had a mare with the Eurostar website, I know I can't get a price for my dates as they're miles away! But still I can't really get a rough guide price!

We are coming from the North West (Blackpool)...well Fleetwood, but Blackpool, as no one knows where Fleetwood is (we make Fisherman's Friends lol)

I've priced it up without transport. At the moment DLP are doing the 2 nights 2 days free (but when are they not to be honest?) also I started looking in November 2013 and they had that deal on for then too, so I think *touch wood* i will get a similar deal nearer the time.

The price that I'm getting for Sequoia Lodge is £645 for one room (2 adults 2 kids) and £543 for the other room (2 adults) this includes park tickets, which I think is quite a good deal? Although I really wouldn't know a good deal if it smacked me in the face (used to Florida prices so this seems phenomenal lol).

The thing I'm struggling on is getting there, as I really want to make the most of our time. Flight wise, the only flights showing have really rubbish times like 2 in the afternoon arriving at 5pm and leaving at 7am in the morning!

I was even considering getting the Mega Bus (Have any of you lovelies had an experience with this?) I've used it before but again obviously not with two young children and one of them does get car sick. Eep.

Really appreciate all of your help xxx

DLP 2007, 2014, 2016 WDW 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2016 DL California 2010, DCL 2017
EnchantedRose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 14, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

I would drive - stay overnight at a travelodge or premier inn the night before in Folkestone, take the Eurotunnel or a ferry over to France, then its a 3-hour drive to DLP. You could book a travelodge or premier inn for your journey back home too.

The cheapest fares on the Eurostar are around £70 return, but you'll have to book them as soon as they appear to get that price generally. You could drive down to Ebbsfleet or Ashford, to avoid London, and take the Eurostar from either of those stations.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 14, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
James and Mel are not far from you, and they have done
the Hull-Zeebrugge ferry which they said was good.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 14, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
EnchantedRose
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
James and Mel are not far from you, and they have done
the Hull-Zeebrugge ferry which they said was good.
Ooo! Thank you for the tip, I'll be dropping James a line!

Also thank you guys so much, I've just priced up Davy Crockett, petrol costs and the euro tunnel and it's super cheap compared to anything else! And it looks lovely at the cabins!

Thank you so so much again

Old 9 Jan 14, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
If you get a good price on the Hull Zeebrugge ferry, it's well worth doing as you save the drive down south! We would stay overnight in Folkestone if doing the tunnel, so when we factored in the fuel cost and hotel cost, the overnight very was well worth it! The cabins are very basic, but comfortable and the drive from Zeebrugge is only about 20 minutes longer than from Calais
There are some pics in our Trippie - the September 2012 is the one we used this route

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 14, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Safyre
Very Serious Dibber

We are going in May, just booking it now really.

We book part of it DIY and part in a travel agent. We book the disney part via thomsons, then we can pay a deposit and pay it up, so we get it while the offer is still on, but out of 3 wages, as we didnt have time to save up. The price was the same via thomsons as it was with disney direct.

We are driving to get there, we stay in the far north of Scotland, and still find driving is cheaper than the alternative (well it was last year as we got an offer on the ferry, £75 return, and stayed overnight with family). This year we are having a couple of overnights either side, and taking the tunnel, and DH is keen to try it!

I also love that by taking the car we can take as much luggage as we want, and not worry about buying things and getting them home.

We stayed in the Cheyenne last year, and are going back as it was the only hotel that had the offer on for the dates we wanted, but we are planning on going back in October and want the SL or NY.
Safyre is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 14, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Jen78
Imagineer

We did the hull to zebrugge ferry in October.

It was very easy and well organised, my main issue was the cabins were quite warm!...oh and I was sick all morning (but I think that was a bug!)

The drive from zebrugge was incredibly easy...would recommend (altho as I'm not sure if my sickness was bug or sea sickness I'm not sure I would rush to do it again...lol)
Jen78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread