Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 6 Oct 20, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Tests for Cyprus

Hi all,

Has anyone been to cyprus recently? We are booked to go on Saturday to the Olympic Lagoon Resort Ayia Napa after our Turkey holiday got cancelled last week.

Our flight is at 11.00 on Saturday. Am I right in thinking that the tests I’ve booked for 12.00 tomorrow will be acceptable as they’re 71 hours out from our scheduled departure time (and so within the 72 hour window given by Cyprus in which to do them)?

I wasn’t sure if to book for later in the day instead but the later you go the less time there is to wait for results... I wasn’t
sure if delays could be a problem (but I’m sure it’s based on scheduled rather than actual departure time?) and I have been worried about the airline changing flight times to later in the day but fingers crossed that doesn’t happen this close!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Watching with interest. As we will need 1 for Barbados or if that gets cancelled might look at Cyprus .
How easy was it to book ?
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinks2014 View Post
Watching with interest. As we will need 1 for Barbados or if that gets cancelled might look at Cyprus .
How easy was it to book ?
We had a travel industry contact who assisted with booking the tests - so easy for us, but I have heard differing stories in different parts of the country!

We ended up going today as planned so fingers crossed...
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
WendyWilson
Imagineer

WendyWilson's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Have a fab time. We’re staying at the same resort for half term at the end of this month. Our flight is at 09:40 on the Friday so have ordered our tests and are going to do them at home and send them off by courier on the Tuesday afternoon.
Old 7 Oct 20, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Yeah that’s within the window. Then you have to upload it all to the flight pass website. We are supposedly going on 21st at 7am so have the test booked for 10am on 18th. We’re staying at the Olympic in paphos. Too many hoops to jump through at the moment. Zero thinking I’ll actually get there!
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WendyWilson View Post
Have a fab time. We’re staying at the same resort for half term at the end of this month. Our flight is at 09:40 on the Friday so have ordered our tests and are going to do them at home and send them off by courier on the Tuesday afternoon.
Thank you, I’ll try to remember to let you know how it is Not been there before!

Just be careful if you’ve ordered home tests as the result needs to have the time on it. I have read in a few places that home tests aren’t usually acceptable but you might be ok if your provider puts a time on the certificate.
Old 7 Oct 20, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by anna68 View Post
Yeah that’s within the window. Then you have to upload it all to the flight pass website. We are supposedly going on 21st at 7am so have the test booked for 10am on 18th. We’re staying at the Olympic in paphos. Too many hoops to jump through at the moment. Zero thinking I’ll actually get there!
The Paphos hotel looks lovely too! It was £130pp more for our dates though and after already having to spend more than we were originally spending on turkey where we had to change from, I couldn’t stomach it! 😂
Old 7 Oct 20, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Have a wonderful time .
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinks2014 View Post
Have a wonderful time .
Thank you! Fingers crossed our results are back soon!
Old 8 Oct 20, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
WendyWilson
Imagineer

WendyWilson's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Thank you, I’ll try to remember to let you know how it is Not been there before!

Just be careful if you’ve ordered home tests as the result needs to have the time on it. I have read in a few places that home tests aren’t usually acceptable but you might be ok if your provider puts a time on the certificate.
Thankyou. We’ve booked the tests with Randox (recommended by Tui on their website) and they do stamp their certificates with the times and date. The tests have arrived with full instructions so we should be okay. Just fingers and toes crossed that the PM lets us go.