Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 9 Oct 20, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
Thanks. I looked at that clinic and also one in Marylebone as they are easy to get to by tube from here. Flights and Covid cover with Emirates will allow date change to flights if anyone tests positive.

Emirates recommend Marhaba on their website too. Interesting info regarding the quarantine centres as that contradicts the UAE official website. I believe you though! Not sure if I want to take that risk I’m not concerned about us adults it’s my 2 ‘adult’ sons that I wouldn’t want to be taken to a centre. They are 20 and 19, the 19 year old has ASD and would be traumatised for life (although it does state on the website that anyone with a mild disability is exempt from testing). Not sure I believe their website now

I think you can quarantine in a hotel IF that hotel allows it (mine doesn’t)

Stringent entry restrictions remain in place upon arrival at all airports in the UAE which may include, but are not limited to, a Health Authority COVID-19 PCR test on arrival, mandatory quarantine period, usually via self-isolation at a private address if suitable, or a hotel or Government facility, for at least 14 days, and follow up testing before you are able to complete quarantine. Once any quarantine period is complete you must continue to comply with all measures put in place by the UAE authorities to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

It’s not a risk I am prepared to take, at the moment and it could be for 14 days
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I think you can quarantine in a hotel IF that hotel allows it (mine doesn’t)

Stringent entry restrictions remain in place upon arrival at all airports in the UAE which may include, but are not limited to, a Health Authority COVID-19 PCR test on arrival, mandatory quarantine period, usually via self-isolation at a private address if suitable, or a hotel or Government facility, for at least 14 days, and follow up testing before you are able to complete quarantine. Once any quarantine period is complete you must continue to comply with all measures put in place by the UAE authorities to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

It’s not a risk I am prepared to take, at the moment and it could be for 14 days

Thank you. Maybe we’ll scrap the idea (along with all the others we have had so far). We haven’t been outside of London since January and husband/kids have worked throughout the pandemic without a day off (exc weekend) so we wanted to try and get somewhere for a break.

Maybe we will go back to original idea of DLP or pop over to Tenerife/Majorca where family are.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 20, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
Thank you. Maybe we’ll scrap the idea (along with all the others we have had so far). We haven’t been outside of London since January and husband/kids have worked throughout the pandemic without a day off (exc weekend) so we wanted to try and get somewhere for a break.

Maybe we will go back to original idea of DLP or pop over to Tenerife/Majorca where family are.
Like you, apart form clearing my later Fathers house, I haven’t been outside of London either. I have just double checked my hotel I use and they dont offer quarantine but even tho 14 days of being stuck in a hotel room isnt a good use of my time or money and I think would really send me over the edge ... I will stay in London for the time being
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
d1gger
Proud to wear my Ears

looks like the rules have changed again for testing required to fly back to UK:
"With effect from 2 October, travellers from Dubai to the UK no longer need to have a negative COVID-19 PCR test prior to their departure. Travellers from the UAE to other countries that require a negative COVID-19 PCR test before arrival, must have a negative test result within 96 hours of their departure from the UAE."
From gov.uk site
d1gger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Thank you all for your replies.

I have done some further research and discovered that Boots London do the PCR tests via Purehealth (UAE approved) and they are £116. Re-testing at Dubai airport is not happening and you definitely do NOT need a re-test before leaving Dubai (as d1gger says above).

All of this makes it more tempting to go.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
nhyw
Very Serious Dibber

nhyw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
Plus the rules for DUBai have changed again today, it's off of the UK quanteen list now, but test are still required for travel
gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...-arab-emirates

Windsor Hills Retreat Luxury Vacation Home
Located at Windsor Hills Resort, Kissimmee, Florida
www.windsorhillsretreat.com
Luxury 6 Bedroom, 4 Bathroom Home with South Facing Pool, Spa and Games Room
Click here to see our Dibb advert or for more photos see our website
State of Florida Resort Dwelling License no. #DWE5917028
nhyw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nhyw View Post
Plus the rules for DUBai have changed again today, it's off of the UK quanteen list now, but test are still required for travel
gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...-arab-emirates
Yes we posted that yesterday when they changed (see other thread) but it is still against the law in England to travel so cant do that until after lockdown is lifted
Old 14 Nov 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
peter pan
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’ve just booked for next May 🙏 We were supposed to be going to Florida but I can’t see that happening tbh so booked a back up plan!
Old 14 Nov 20, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by peter pan View Post
I’ve just booked for next May 🙏 We were supposed to be going to Florida but I can’t see that happening tbh so booked a back up plan!
I have booked for Feb (my birthday month) as like you I cant see USA being an option and it’s great to have flights and hotel in the diary
Old 14 Nov 20, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

This was my original thread and I’ve been keeping an eye on Dubai for a while now. Our January USA flights were cancelled today, so Dubai is even more likely for us. We are deciding whether to take the whole family or go just the 2 of us for a break when the kids go back to school (I have a January birthday).

One of my boys got the dreaded isolation phone calls yesterday due to a boy in his class testing positive for Covid. Another of my boys has several class mates isolating, and 3 of the mums of his group of friends have Covid. I am worried about booking to take the whole family (8 of us) for Christmas as it’s possible that someone in our house might have to isolate, making it impossible to go. We will see though.