Old 5 Dec 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I'm still sad for you that Storybook Dining wasn't fantastic as I know you were looking forward to it. I don't think it is for me but part of me wishes we had done it out of morbid curiosity. I don't know when we'd have fit it in though.

A great day at Animal Kingdom with lots done. I think it was sensible to split the shows into different days as I find it stressful coordinating all the show times.
I really did want to love SBD, but I think we chose poorly for our main courses, it reinforced for me that we really should listen to the server as he did recommend the chicken but we ignored him. If we had chosen better we would perhaps have been more forgiving at the lacklustre character interactions.

The shows at AK do take a bit of planning, but having a few days there was great. It was my favourite park this year I loved it. It just felt so laid back, probably it was more me worrying that we weren't going to fit everything in a the other parks that was the problem though. Dave did try and tell me to stop worrying as everyone was having a good time, but I just couldn't.

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
What a great morning at AK. All the headliners, and a drawing class too. There used to be a similar class in HS which we did once before it closed. We drew Mickey, mine was rubbish but I still have it somewhere. We've never been on the train to the conservation area, but you've made me want to do that next time we go.

It's a shame you weren't feeling 100% in the evening and the meal wasn't up to scratch. The desserts look nice though.
I loved the morning at AK, it is such a fabulous park. You will have to get the train over to the outpost when you make it back. There's not much up there as I don't ever fancy the petting zoo part, but the conservation area is interesting and now they have the drawing class it's well worth it.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

We had loads of different cocktails due to the DDP, but they were so strong
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by mitch-fishguard View Post
We had loads of different cocktails due to the DDP, but they were so strong
They really are

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Oh what a shame bout your headache. Although even without one I am not sure whether the meal would have been much better?

Awesome stamina still getting up early this far into the holiday and a great morning. Those are some long standby wait times.
Your animation drawing is ace!

Wow that’s a heap of food for lunch😳
And quite thE Range of cocktails. I think today your Mums drink choices most appeal to me. They all sounded quite yummy!
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Oh what a shame bout your headache. Although even without one I am not sure whether the meal would have been much better?

Awesome stamina still getting up early this far into the holiday and a great morning. Those are some long standby wait times.
Your animation drawing is ace!

Wow that’s a heap of food for lunch😳
And quite thE Range of cocktails. I think today your Mums drink choices most appeal to me. They all sounded quite yummy!
Perhaps the meal wouldn't have been even if I didn't have the headache.

Getting up early is harder towards the end of the holiday. It was worth it today though the morning in AK was fun. We managed to avoid the long wait times so we were pretty lucky. I really enjoyed tend animation class.

Old 8 Dec 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

It’s always so sad when you get to the point in the holiday when last visits to parks are upon you!
A very successful morning in AK, FoP is hands down my favourite ride in all of WDW! How great you got to ride it so many times.
Haha I’m exactly the same as you on EE. I can’t put my hands up just in case I need to grab the rail, I’m too chicken 😂
Lunch looks lovely, we like Flametree BBQ never had a bad meal there. Those cocktails sound good too!
I’m so pleased they have started an Animation class in AK, I know the one in HS was really popular. Your Pumba is really good, well done!
I don’t think I’ve read one good report on the Storybook Dining and for the absolutely eye watering price it is I would expect it to be perfect. Fun to meet the Evil Queen though!
Such a shame about your headache but I think you made the right decision about not visiting MK, it sounds like you all needed an early night.
A great day overall Abby 😃

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
It’s always so sad when you get to the point in the holiday when last visits to parks are upon you!
A very successful morning in AK, FoP is hands down my favourite ride in all of WDW! How great you got to ride it so many times.
Haha I’m exactly the same as you on EE. I can’t put my hands up just in case I need to grab the rail, I’m too chicken 😂
Lunch looks lovely, we like Flametree BBQ never had a bad meal there. Those cocktails sound good too!
I’m so pleased they have started an Animation class in AK, I know the one in HS was really popular. Your Pumba is really good, well done!
I don’t think I’ve read one good report on the Storybook Dining and for the absolutely eye watering price it is I would expect it to be perfect. Fun to meet the Evil Queen though!
Such a shame about your headache but I think you made the right decision about not visiting MK, it sounds like you all needed an early night.
A great day overall Abby 😃
I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't put their hands up over their head on EE. We really enjoy flametree for lunch, we've always enjoyed it too.

I was really proud of my Pumba I can't tell you how arty I am NOT! I couldn't believe how well it came out.

The SBD dinner wasn't for us but then never mind it was good try and wilderness lodge is always good to look around.

It was still a really good day.

Old 30 Dec 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Another fantastic day. I think AK is my favourite park and FOP is a brilliant ride. I agree that Lion King just beats Nemo to be my favourite show too.

We are thinking of doing the storybook dining next summer because Snow White has been youngest DD's favourite since she was 2 years old and she would love to meet the Evil Queen and Grumpy. I must admit though that none of us really find the menu very appealing and all the reviews I've read say that the food isn't great.

Sometimes it is important to listen to what your body is telling you and change your plans to rest more. I'm looking forward to hearing about what you got up to at MK.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
Another fantastic day. I think AK is my favourite park and FOP is a brilliant ride. I agree that Lion King just beats Nemo to be my favourite show too.

We are thinking of doing the storybook dining next summer because Snow White has been youngest DD's favourite since she was 2 years old and she would love to meet the Evil Queen and Grumpy. I must admit though that none of us really find the menu very appealing and all the reviews I've read say that the food isn't great.

Sometimes it is important to listen to what your body is telling you and change your plans to rest more. I'm looking forward to hearing about what you got up to at MK.
You should go for it at SBD, the menu will likely be updated by summer anyway. I really think we'd have felt differently if we had actually listened to the server and gone with his suggestion of the chicken. I've made it my mantra now that if they recommend something I'm going to try it. I know this has pitfalls as of course they don't know what you're personal likes or dislikes are. But the theming is great, the characters would have been more fun if we'd been more interactive and actually the evil queen was a highlight of the trip for me. I'm almost talking myself into going back! Not this trip though. Oh, and I'm pretty sure I read in a food report that they will sub in nuggets and fries as a child meal as they are next door to whispering canyon cafe. So, that's an option if any of you don't want to try the mains. The starters and puddings were actually good, it's just that I was feeling miserable by the time the puddings arrived.

Old 30 Dec 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I think we will go for it and just accept that our youngest DD probably won't eat much and we'll have to get her something else afterwards! She has always been quite a fussy eater but recently she is becoming more willing to try things so maybe it won't be a problem by then. I'm a bit worried about her all around really as she will now be an adult on the dining plan.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List