Notices

Old 1 Oct 16, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
leighlee
Getting Excited

I Will Use Up All My Meal Credits If It Kills Me Trip Report - May 2016 - Day 16 - Last Full Day

Day 16 - Friday 13th May – Unlucky for Some but I’m in Orlando

Again this is another day where I did not make notes:angry: unfortunately so I’m working off receipts, my schedule and photos (where I took them, I don’t seem to have taken many in the last few days of the holiday).

Today was my last full day in Orlando and after a no park day yesterday (possibly the only day of the holiday – other than my first day – where I didn’t visit a park) it was back into the swing of things. We had a BOG breakfast booked for 9.40am. We had the Open-Faced Bacon and Egg sandwich and the Croissant Doughnut with a milkshake and fountain beverage. This is the first holiday where we have had so many reservations for breakfast and lunch and although it was sometimes a pain having to be somewhere at certain times, I’m glad we did book BOG so many times as the food was lovely, it just could have been a bit warmer (although the doughnut was the best thing I ate all holiday) and the service could have been a tad quicker. The theming is fantastic though.

This was 2 meal credits which OOP would have been approx. $54 (sorry I didn’t make a note of the amount on the receipt as it wasn’t always easy to check the total on the tills there. I wish they gave you a receipt with the amount on them so it was easy to work out how much it costs).

I’m not sure if we rode any rides at this point as our fast passes were for Hollywood Studios in the evening. I did buy 6 packets of sweets to use up 2 meal credits which would have been $35.09 OOP. We must have headed out of the park after breakfast as I don’t have any more receipts until 2pm.

I think we may have gone swimming then. We like the quiet pool in the middle of Riverside the best. Afterwards we went to get a couple of snacks and drink from the Riverside food court. That was 1 meal credit which OOP would have been $14.35. We went back to our room for a chill and then headed back out to the parks.

We stopped at Epcot first and the building next to Mission Space which is normally closed was open so of course we went for a nosy. Its ages since we have been in there. It has stands for the Flower and Garden Festival. We had a quick look around and then headed for some food.

We the went to La Isle Fresca food booth for the first time and had the Jamaican Braised Beef, Jerk Spice Chicken and Tres Leches dessert which was 1 meal credit which OOP would have been $14.75.

The food was lovely here although at this point I think we were trying to use up our remaining meal plan credits rather than being hungry. I wish I had been able to try food at all the booths around Epcot as there were some interesting things on offer.

We had a very slow wander around the World Showcase stopping off at China for a meal which was Spicy Chicken, Lychee ice cream and a drink which was a bit meh to be honest, very dry if I remember correctly.

This was 1 meal credit which would have been $18.09.

We then went around the shops at China and Japan. I love those shops, the China one is pretty cheap and full of loads of tat and the Japanese one has loads of lovely things that are really expensive. At Japan I found a great waving cat ornament that I really wanted, but I was too cheap to buy it as it was around $50 (don’t ask me why I wanted a waving cat but at the time I did – it may have been the heat). There were also some lovely plates that were a reasonable price but there is no way I would have got them home in 1 piece and as it turned out I had absolutely no room in my luggage for anything when I finished packing so it’s a good job I didn’t buy them. In the end I bought a couple of rings and 3 purses from the China shop. In Japan I bought a bottle cleaning sponge (which I have yet to use but I love that it sells things that you don’t need until you see them for sale – nope still don’t need it) and a packet of face sheet masks. At this point I was also using up my cash as I didn’t want to take loads back and then have to exchange it at a rubbish exchange rate.

I was also obviously trying to cram as much food down my throat as possible at this point to use up my credits as I stopped off at the Florida Fresh booth and bought a couple of watermelon slushy’s and a Florida Larder board. This was 1 meal credit which OOP would have been approx. $14.

We then walked over to Hollywood Studios from Epcot to use our fast pass for Toy Story mania. We had a walk around Hollywood Studios for the last time this trip but didn’t go on anymore rides or see any shows as far as I remember.

We stopped off at Disney Springs for a last walk around at night and went to Earl of Sandwich to get a couple of sandwiches to take back to the hotel as we really weren’t hungry at this point. This used up 2 meal credits which would have been $26.78 OOP. I really like Earl of Sandwich, but for some reason I don’t think we managed to go very often on this trip.

Finally I had heard that you could use the meal credits on the DDP to buy Ghirardelli bars of chocolate which I love so I headed there. I wasn’t sure if it would work as I had had a problem in at least 1 Disney store where the person at the till wouldn’t use a meal credit for 3 bags of sweets. I bought 6 bars and had no problem. I used 2 meal credits which OOP would have been $19.75. It does show on the receipt that I got a discount for 1 free bar but as I paid with a meal credit I didn’t benefit from the free bar which was a shame as I think that I should have got 7 bars. My sister then bought 6 bars but this time was served by a different person who said that there was a certain amount that you could spend on the DDP so she could get another 2 bars. The receipt shows 1 free bar as well. So she got 8 bars in total. This used 2 meal credits which OOP would have been $27.65. Now I can’t say I understand why my sister got 2 extra bars in the 2nd lot but we weren’t complaining. It would be interesting to understand the rules though as it gets abit confusing with the free bar discount. In total we got 14 bars of Ghirardelli chocolate for 4 meal credits so I’m not complaining.

Happy with my chocolate purchases we headed back to the room for the last time to finish packing. That turned into a bit of a nightmare as my weighing scales weren’t very accurate so we spent ages moving things around in the 4 pieces of luggage that we were taking home with us. There was a lot of pushing and shoving in the cases to make everything fit but finally we did it and everything was ready to check in at Disney Springs the next day.

QSDP – 14 meal credits used today/ 0 snack credit used (6 QSDPs left/0 snack credits left)

Value of QS meals/snacks to date $1112.47 approx.

Coming Soon – Were Going Home

Trip Report Index

Leigh
1997, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2005 - IDrive/ 2003 - NY, Oahu & LV/2008 IDrive, Miami, POFQ/2010 - IDrive, POFQ & HRH/ 2010 - NY/2011 - Rome/ 2011 - LV/ 2012 - POFQ & HRH/2013 - DL, Oahu & LA/ 2015 - DLP/ 2015 - DL, LV & LA/ 2016 - POFQ & HRH/2017 DLP/2018 RPR & POR/2019 - NY

Edited at 06:27 PM.
leighlee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 16, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
leighlee
Getting Excited

Arhh Ive managed to post this in the wrong place anyone know how I move it to the trip report forum rather than indexes? What an idiot.

Leighlee
1997, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2005 - IDrive/ 2003 - NY, Oahu & LV/2008 IDrive, Miami, POFQ/2010 - IDrive, POFQ & HRH/ 2010 - NY/2011 - Rome/ 2011 - LV/ 2012 - POFQ & HRH/2013 - DL, Oahu & LA/ 2015 - DLP/ 2015 - DL, LV & LA/ 2016 - POFQ & HRH/2017 DLP/2018 RPR & POR/2019 - NY
leighlee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List