Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 8 Feb 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Colette totally stole my line! 100% agree with the lack of listening skills results in DH not getting an opinion! Plus WDW sorting out the luggage was always the better plan in any case, how ridiculous to waste time in your holiday taking your own luggage to the next resort when they will do it for you! It was always the only plan. Honestly I'm full of rage just at the thought of it, ha ha!

I'm sure there are lots of other things that I should be commenting on for this day...90 minute waits at Spaceship Earth! Wow, I don't think I've ever seen waits that long it really was a busy day. The evening at HS looks fab. A shame to be moving away from the views at Contemporary, but being within walking distance of both Epcot and HS is great and it worked out really well later in the trip, I probably shouldn't give out spoilers for other people's trip reports, but I remember your NYE celebrations.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Toff Princess
Getting Excited

Toff Princess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 21
That dessert party looks amazing! I would love to try all those seasonal cocktails! Beachclub is beautiful but when your hear belongs somewhere else its hard to see it! Great day for you guys aside from DS feeling sick.
Old 9 Feb 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
That sounds like another great day apart from your ds being under the weather. I'm glad he recovered quickly. Regarding the holiday squabble, Disney is one of the few places where my husband defers to me entirely. I do all the planning and I think he knows he'd not get very far trying to come up with an 11th hour "better plan". That doesn't mean I'm overly controlling (), just that I've spent time and thought trying to make the most efficient, fun plans... saving him from having to!
My DH is normally sensible enough to not question my plans. Like you I don't class myself as 'overly' controlling either.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Colette totally stole my line! 100% agree with the lack of listening skills results in DH not getting an opinion! Plus WDW sorting out the luggage was always the better plan in any case, how ridiculous to waste time in your holiday taking your own luggage to the next resort when they will do it for you! It was always the only plan. Honestly I'm full of rage just at the thought of it, ha ha!

I'm sure there are lots of other things that I should be commenting on for this day...90 minute waits at Spaceship Earth! Wow, I don't think I've ever seen waits that long it really was a busy day. The evening at HS looks fab. A shame to be moving away from the views at Contemporary, but being within walking distance of both Epcot and HS is great and it worked out really well later in the trip, I probably shouldn't give out spoilers for other people's trip reports, but I remember your NYE celebrations.
I appreciate yor rage on my behalf.

Don't get me wrong the Contemporary was my favourite of the two but I certainly appreciated the location of the Beach Club for our time at Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

Originally Posted by Toff Princess View Post
That dessert party looks amazing! I would love to try all those seasonal cocktails! Beachclub is beautiful but when your hear belongs somewhere else its hard to see it! Great day for you guys aside from DS feeling sick.
Thanks for reading. The seasonal cocktails were very nice, I like a cocktail at my dessert parties which pushes the MK ones to the bottom of my list.
The Beach Club is a beautiful resort and was a fabulous location but I think my tastes are more to the Contemporary and Yacht Club. You understand, your greatest love is the Grand.
Old 9 Feb 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Another one who has a DH who doesn't listen but I'm used to it by now, lol!
That dessert party looks great. I agree that sitting in the floor isn't comfy, but at just under 5'2, it will always be a better option for me, though at $89 you'd think they could provide cushions
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by clochette View Post
Another one who has a DH who doesn't listen but I'm used to it by now, lol!
That dessert party looks great. I agree that sitting in the floor isn't comfy, but at just under 5'2, it will always be a better option for me, though at $89 you'd think they could provide cushions
Thanks for reading along.
I’m not that much taller though so you are right it’s nice to be able to see.
I suppose we should just be grateful that they gave us a table and chair to sit at with our food and drinks 😂 maybe they should lay that bouncy ground covering that they have in playparks, it would be a bit more comfy on the bum.
Old 20 Feb 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Another one here with a husband who doesn't listen to the plans then tries to change them at the last minute or keeps asking what's going on.

A lovely day in the end though. Glad your ds wasn't feeling ill for too long.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
Another one here with a husband who doesn't listen to the plans then tries to change them at the last minute or keeps asking what's going on.

A lovely day in the end though. Glad your ds wasn't feeling ill for too long.
Good listening skills would solve so many problems...
Old 30 Apr 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
The dessert party looked good especially with the savoury options
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
The dessert party looked good especially with the savoury options
I really enjoyed it, I was so looking forward to this one.