Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Jan 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

The food at Tusker house looks really good. We did consider going there last time, but we ended up choosing Sanaa.

At least you managed to get round the rides after the earlier hiccups with buses and Rock n Rollercoaster being down.

The cocktails looked lovely too.

Looked like you all had a great day.
Mad Hatters is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
Despite a bit of a frustrating morning you still seemed to do well at Hollywood Studios. How annoying that they open so early but the only place open and serving food is Starbucks?! You would think they'd spot an opportunity to make money and open some places up, even if it is just a limited breakfast menu.

That's a great picture of Max hugging Chewbacca and on Slinky Dog... see, he is having fun really!

I agree with you about the front row on ToT and both times have requested to not be at the front. It's just to close to the window that opens and I am a scaredy cat.

Tusker House for dinner looks brilliant. We weren't that happy with our breakfast there. The food was good but we had a crummy table and it was about a million degrees (due to the crummy table the air con didn't seem to reach us). I might give it another try as your plates look delicious - even Max's!

The face of the man behind Kate in your Dinosaur picture is similar to mine - that ride is scary! I love that they laughed all the way round.

After a rocky start it turned into another really good day!
Part of the problem at HS was I'd got it in my head to get the breakfast burrito and nothing else was going to be an acceptable alternative. Still we did do lots so it certainly wasn't all bad. Plus we made up for it food wise at Tusker.

Max smiled in two of the photos today, I think twice in one day must be a world record.

Originally Posted by Mad Hatters View Post
The food at Tusker house looks really good. We did consider going there last time, but we ended up choosing Sanaa.

At least you managed to get round the rides after the earlier hiccups with buses and Rock n Rollercoaster being down.

The cocktails looked lovely too.

Looked like you all had a great day.
We've never been to Sanaa, it's supposed to be great. I can highly recommend Tusker for both dinner and it's one of the few breakfast buffets we've done and that was also pretty good.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Another full day with loads done.

Food really seems to be a problem in HS - surely they'll have to do something about it before all the extra people start pouring in for SE:GE.

We've never tried Tusker house, it keeps making it to the short list and then being the restaurant that gets left off for other things. We try not to do too many character meals in one trip.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
Another full day with loads done.

Food really seems to be a problem in HS - surely they'll have to do something about it before all the extra people start pouring in for SE:GE.

We've never tried Tusker house, it keeps making it to the short list and then being the restaurant that gets left off for other things. We try not to do too many character meals in one trip.
I think you're right they are going to have to up their food game at HS and fast!

We've had both breakfast and lunch at Tusker and both were good, but given how brilliant the QS is at AK I've not booked any TS there for this summer.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Such a shame about your morning waiting around and nothing going your way. I think there has to be a morning or day like that at least once in every holiday! Glad your day turned around in Animal Kingdom though - Tusker house looks awesome and is definitely one for my ever growing list! x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Joosebug1987 View Post
Such a shame about your morning waiting around and nothing going your way. I think there has to be a morning or day like that at least once in every holiday! Glad your day turned around in Animal Kingdom though - Tusker house looks awesome and is definitely one for my ever growing list! x
That's one of the problems I find with reading trip reports, the list of things I want to do gets longer and longer. I'm glad I'm giving you ideas for your own trip.

Old 17 Feb 19, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

I did laugh out loud about the hair / snot incident captured on camera

Aww I love the photo’s of Chewbacca & Max. It’s nice to see these ‘cool’ teenagers drop their guard and get caught up in the moment

I must admit we always struggle with food at HS and purposely eat before or after we go, with just some snacks of ice cream to keep us going

You look lovely in your dress Abby. We discovered the Nomad Lounge this year too, made for a very pleasant afternoon

x
Old 18 Feb 19, 06:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by mouselover22 View Post
I did laugh out loud about the hair / snot incident captured on camera

Aww I love the photo’s of Chewbacca & Max. It’s nice to see these ‘cool’ teenagers drop their guard and get caught up in the moment

I must admit we always struggle with food at HS and purposely eat before or after we go, with just some snacks of ice cream to keep us going

You look lovely in your dress Abby. We discovered the Nomad Lounge this year too, made for a very pleasant afternoon

x
I know the snotting on her was hilarious!

We love to get a bit dressed up in the evening before going out for a meal and while I'm not wearing a dress all day long as they don't go so well with the trainers and park regime I have! I love to be able to put one on for a little while though.

The Nomad Lounge was an oasis of calm.

Old 21 Mar 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Dimple
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Ah bit of a frustrating morning at HS I felt hangry reading that! Lovely afternoon at animal kingdom,I've yet to see rivers of light but the reviews haven't made me feel like I'm missing out on too much!
Dimple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Dimple View Post
Ah bit of a frustrating morning at HS I felt hangry reading that! Lovely afternoon at animal kingdom,I've yet to see rivers of light but the reviews haven't made me feel like I'm missing out on too much!
It was a pain at HS not being able to get some tasty breakfast but we sure made up for it at AK. I think rivers of light is my 4th favourite night time show