Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Feb 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
kaip
slightly serious Dibber

LAX to Hollywood options

Could anyone tell me what the best options are to get to and from LAX to Hollywood

Many thanks in advance
Old 23 Feb 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Gabblemum
VIP Dibber

I am just pricing up options for next year. Getting my budget together really and did quite a lot of trawling the Dibb Googling. Reading trip reports on this. I am trying to decide if we can go carless for the 3 nights we are in LA. Then we fly to Hawaii, then back to SAN Francisco where we will pick up car and go on road trip. And this is what I found so far. I am sure car hire etc I can get cheaper when I am actually booking (maybe) but for price comparison / jumping off point ...

Uber seems to be about $85 one way although that is to the Disney Area

Blacklane upto 5 people with cases. Meet you with. Sign in terminal style to Hollywood area $135.45.

Lanskys (which come highly rated on the Dibb). Again meet with sign in terminal style. $115 one way. $220 round trip. This is an indicative price they quote you best on flight times etc when you are ready to book.

Car rental big enough for 4 with luggage. (Rav 4 style)
Alamo £183

Enterprise $284

Not sure if any of these are plus Tax etc.

Hope this helps
Orlando. 2013. Royal Pacific Resort & Villa
Orlando. 2015. Royal Pacific Resort, Animal Kingdon & Villa
Disneyland Paris 2016. Sequoia Lodge - Golden forest Room.

Edited at 12:53 AM.
Gabblemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

Was surprised at the Lansky quote! we have gone with MidWilShuttle for 5 people LAX to Burbank as Lansky quoted us $174.

We are hiring car from Burbank Airport next day just so we are not driving tired as we arrive at LAX at 6pm. Have no idea if this will be a good idea or not? The other thing that put me off hiring at LAX was that it is not like MCO where you can walk to the garage, you have to get a shuttle bus to the car hire at LAX and the thought of all that extra luggage lifting whilst tired was just too much
scottishgirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gabblemum View Post
I am just pricing up options for next year. Getting my budget together really and did quite a lot of trawling the Dibb Googling. Reading trip reports on this. I am trying to decide if we can go careless for the 3 nights we are in LA. Then we fly to Hawaii, then back to SAN Francisco where we will pick up car and go on road trip. And this is what I found so far. I am sure car hire etc I can get cheaper when I am actually booking (maybe) but for price comparison / jumping off point ...

Uber seems to be about $85 one way although that is to the Disney Area

Blacklane upto 5 people with cases. Meet you with. Sign in terminal style to Hollywood area $135.45.

Lanskys (which come highly rated on the Dibb). Again meet with sign in terminal style. $115 one way. $220 round trip. This is an indicative price they quote you best on flight times etc when you are ready to book.

Car rental big enough for 4 with luggage. (Rav 4 style)
Alamo £183

Enterprise $284

Not sure if any of these are plus Tax etc.

Hope this helps
Side stepping on this thread (sorry) but how have you done your Hawaii flights? I’m looking at going and don5 know whether it’s cheaper on a through ticket or to book the Hawaii part on its own
Old 23 Feb 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

LAX to Studio City cost me $47 plus tip last year with an UBER. It was really easy to get you have to go up to the departure level and stand by the Uber are and tell the driver what stand you are by. The car arrived in under 15 min.
Old 24 Feb 19, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Gabblemum
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by scottishgirl1 View Post
Was surprised at the Lansky quote! we have gone with MidWilShuttle for 5 people LAX to Burbank as Lansky quoted us $174.

We are hiring car from Burbank Airport next day just so we are not driving tired as we arrive at LAX at 6pm. Have no idea if this will be a good idea or not? The other thing that put me off hiring at LAX was that it is not like MCO where you can walk to the garage, you have to get a shuttle bus to the car hire at LAX and the thought of all that extra luggage lifting whilst tired was just too much
Yes this was an indication on there website not an actual quote. Midwilshuttle was the other one I was going to look at but couldn’t remember the name so thanks for that.

Good point on LAX hire pick up, another con for hiring at LAX

Edited at 12:56 AM.
Gabblemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Gabblemum
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Side stepping on this thread (sorry) but how have you done your Hawaii flights? I’m looking at going and don5 know whether it’s cheaper on a through ticket or to book the Hawaii part on its own
Its too early to book my flights yet, but I am at the serious research stage, as want to be ready when they open up. Although I have been keepin a bit of an eye on this for last couple of years. Hawaii. I am doing DIY I think. Based on this /past years dates (as I am going to be there for 4th July) I think it will be about £500 pp LAX to HNL. HNL to SFO. If I see them at £500-£550. I think I will just go for it. But UK London to LAX. SFO to London seemed to be cheaper in the January sales again around the. £500 - £550 pp mark. But... can I hold out till January ? 😬😬. Again if is see them at the 11 month when they come on sale at that price I will just go for it.

If anyone wants to say... no that too much or knows best time to book, feel free to correct me please 😀😀

Sorry rather stolen the thread ...

Edited at 12:49 AM.
Old 24 Feb 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Its too early to book my flights yet, but I am at the serious research stage, as want to be ready when they open up. Although I have been keepin a bit of an eye on this for last couple of years. Hawaii. I am doing DIY I think. Based on this /past years dates (as I am going to be there for 4th July) I think it will be about £500 pp LAX to HNL. HNL to SFO. If I see them at £500-£550. I think I will just go for it. But UK London to LAX. SFO to London seemed to be cheaper in the January sales again around the. £500 - £550 pp mark. But... can I hold out till January ? 😬😬. Again if is see them at the 11 month when they come on sale at that price I will just go for it.

If anyone wants to say... no that too much or knows best time to book, feel free to correct me please 😀😀

Sorry rather stolen the thread ...
Hi - I’ve been to Hawaii twice in the last two years and I think your prices are quite high (higher than I would pay, anyway).

I’d be looking for a max price of £300 return from the west coast to Hawaii (LAX, SEA, SFO etc). When I’ve booked direct from UK to Hawaii I paid under £800 for economy out and PE return. I tracked prices every single day and was ready to book by whatever method made it cheapest.
Old 2 Mar 19, 02:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Gabblemum
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Hi - I’ve been to Hawaii twice in the last two years and I think your prices are quite high (higher than I would pay, anyway).

I’d be looking for a max price of £300 return from the west coast to Hawaii (LAX, SEA, SFO etc). When I’ve booked direct from UK to Hawaii I paid under £800 for economy out and PE return. I tracked prices every single day and was ready to book by whatever method made it cheapest.
Hi thanks for this, it’s really interesting. Is it Just the Hawaii flights are too expensive but uk ones sound ok? Who / how / when did you book your flights. I was lookin* at separate flights. Did you do them together ? As part of a package or still DIY?

BTW I am going to be in Hawaii 4th July so that may have a bearing ?

Old 2 Mar 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Hi thanks for this, it’s really interesting. Is it Just the Hawaii flights are too expensive but uk ones sound ok? Who / how / when did you book your flights. I was lookin* at separate flights. Did you do them together ? As part of a package or still DIY?

BTW I am going to be in Hawaii 4th July so that may have a bearing ?
Hi - you may be right on your dates making it pricier. Your UK flights sound decent prices to the West Coast. It’s the LA or SFO to Honolulu ones I’d consider a bit pricy.

We always book DIY and I’ve done it a few different ways - sometimes we fly to the West coast, have a few days there then take a separately booked flight to Hawaii, return. Few days back on the west coast before going home. I’d target £300 as the price I’d pay for return from LAX / SFO (or in and out of different ones).

We have also booked direct from UK to Honolulu with Virgin (and then took separate flights around the islands) finishing in Maui where our return flight home via LAX was from. Those were about £790 each but were Premium Economy on the way home, it was cheaper had we gone economy both ways.

You’re doing the right thing looking into it in advance