Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 17 Feb 19, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
disneybumble3
Proud to wear my Ears

Bottles of water and snacks delivery

We arrive into Orlando quite late on our first day and we're wondering if it will be easier to get water and some snacks delivered to our hotel rather than go in search of some.

Can you recommend a place to do this?

My other option is to find somewhere we can grab some but we probably won't get to our hotel (Radisson LBV) until after 9pm.

Do the big gift shops sell bottles of water? There's a big gift shop right next door to our hotel.

Thank you!
disneybumble3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Not sure why people buy bottled water

search ebay for " chilly bottle " the copies cost about £10 each, when in the parks either use the water fountains or ask for some iced water at any QS place

The bottle necks are wide enough to take the ice cubes, the water will stay chilled in it all day
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 03:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I doubt a giftshop would sell a case of water, maybe individual bottles. Most Walgreens and CVSs are open to at least nine,often 10 or 11. I just googlerd CVS and there are 2 close to Disney in LBV. One is open 24 hours, the other til midnight. Supermarkets are often open until 11.

I don't know where in LBV you are but you should find something opened. For a quick run in CVS or Walgreens, if you are up for a longer stop a supermarket
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

We personally buy bottled as the water can taste quite bad around the park.

We always get the massive slabs of water from Walmart for the same price as 2 bottles in the parks. we must get through about 3-4 slabs of these in two weeks but we do drink a lot of water generally.

I’ve read a few times about Walmart pick and collect service, will you have a car?
If not one of the delivery services recommended on here maybe worthwhile.

Or signing up for the free US amazon prime trial and using that.

I wouldn’t buy from the gift stores unless to get you through the first night/day as they are much pricier.
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sonic_heroes
Apprentice Imagineer

sonic_heroes's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

You could also water in packs of 24 or so from a gas station.
DLP Oct 2007. Marriott World Centre Drive/PO Riverside Oct 2009. POR Oct 2011. SSR/Sheraton Vistana/ASS July 2013. Pop Cent Oct 2014. ASM May 2015. Davenport Villas July 2015. ASS, Liki Tiki Village, T Ridge July 2016. Marriott SeaWorld, OKW, Hampton lakes Villa, June 2019.All star Music Dec 2019
sonic_heroes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

I normally buy a case of water more for drinking at the hotel and I take one out first thing when I go out.
Personally I like to take an Uber to Walmart pick up a case of water and few other bits.
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Apricota
slightly serious Dibber

Instacart, order online and then choose when it arrives.they do free firs delivery and often 15% off. We used them last year twice and it all,worked really well.
Apricota is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 19, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Barnstormer18
Helping Donald

Mobile

Have a look on Google Earth and see what is around the hotel. I had a quick look and it looks like there’s a gas station across the street ...
Barnstormer18 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
florenceandmary
Getting Excited

We always arrive late and exhausted from our travel so prefer to have some groceries delivered for our arrival - it allows for something before bed and no need to rush in the morning (we stay in a resort villa off site). I use the Fairytale Shopper.
florenceandmary is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Barnstormer18 View Post
Have a look on Google Earth and see what is around the hotel. I had a quick look and it looks like there’s a gas station across the street ...
and it is surprising the amount of stuff they stock

infact we said we would have grabbed all our snacks and water from the gas station next to HS
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List