Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 24 Dec 18, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
top4
Imagineer

Mobile Christmas Eve meal tradition?

Does anyone else have a tradition they have on Christmas Eve as in an evening meal ? Up until a few years ago we used to always have a take away and settle with the tv until a dodgy tum put me off ! So this year we've got a homemade pulled pork in the slow cooker ,being served with fresh baguettes and a few nibbles 😋...so would love to read everyone 's traditions? Xx
top4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 18, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
jamieolivia15
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We always cook the joint of ham on christmas eve and have ham sandwiches on nice bread 😋
jamieolivia15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 18, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

We have always had a Chinese takeaway from our favourite place, however they have shut up shop this year and retired home 😟
So this year our 2nd Christmas without hubby and dad we have decided to start a new tradition and we are off to our local smokehouse for food and cocktails 😁
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 18, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsB87
Imagineer

Mobile

Just a drinking tradition here! Always the pub and a few cocktails on Xmas eve. Sometimes get a takeaway after or just don’t bother eating and leave room for tomorrow!
MrsB87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 18, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

We usually go out or have a take away but hubby working today so having gammon and chips and chocolate log
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 18, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

We always get a Chinese takeaway.
Old 24 Dec 18, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We always go to the cinema in the afternoon but no specific food traditions.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 18, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Pjamas
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We always, and never missed a year, get fish and chips.
Pjamas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 18, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post

I normally do something hearty, like beef bourguignon or coq au vin. I had planned beef cheeks in red wine with mash planned for tonight.

However DH has just suggested we do bread, pate, cheese etc instead and the beef cheeks on Boxing Day.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 18, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Ordinary weekday meal, I have enough on my plate (literally and metaphorically) without more hassle) We're having cheesey chips then rhubarb and ginger yoghourt, I found it in a local deli and have stocked up the freezer, love it.

Enjoy all your traditions old and new.

Edited at 01:19 PM.
greekgranny is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List