Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 20 Jan 19, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

How to meet characters?

We haven't booked any meet and greets as they were all sold out. I've heard that you can book once on board the ship but how and when do I do this?

You would think this is my first cruise but we've never really bothered with the characters before, it's only now that DD is 18 months old that we want to make sure we squeeze a few in. Would love to do the princess meet but were unable to book due to the website being buggy (good old Disney) so now there are no tickets left
Old 20 Jan 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

there should be lots of other character meets every day. Check your daily navigator and they list all the characters meets with times and location. We usually turn up 5-10 mins before they're scheduled as some can get busy.
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

There are some opportunities on Castaway Key too if you are stopping there. You will have lots of chances without signing up ahead.
Old 21 Jan 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
The ticketed ones can be grabbed onboard - so Princess Meet and Greet and Frozen for normal Fantasy cruises. For yours, if it's a Star Wars one like ours), the ticketed meets will be as above plus Chewbacca, Darth Vadar and C3PO and/or R2D2.

So, on embarkation, go straight to guest services and ask if they have any availability. They may send you to the Port Adventures desk, but it seems to change a fair amount, so check with the 'clapping team' as soon as you board.

For normal character meets, you know to check the navigator and just turn up of course.

Joa

p.s. I told Mick you were on the cruise before us and he said 'if they have beer leftover, tell them we're in 5520'! I say if you have $100 bills leftover, please leave them instead!

Edited at 10:50 AM.
Bats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
The ticketed ones can be grabbed onboard - so Princess Meet and Greet and Frozen for normal Fantasy cruises. For yours, if it's a Star Wars one like ours), the ticketed meets will be as above plus Chewbacca, Darth Vadar and C3PO and/or R2D2.

So, on embarkation, go straight to guest services and ask if they have any availability. They may send you to the Port Adventures desk, but it seems to change a fair amount, so check with the 'clapping team' as soon as you board.

For normal character meets, you know to check the navigator and just turn up of course.

Joa

p.s. I told Mick you were on the cruise before us and he said 'if they have beer leftover, tell them we're in 5520'! I say if you have $100 bills leftover, please leave them instead!
Great, so all is not lost... yet! Fingers crossed they have some availability at Guest Services. We're boarding at 10:45 so hopefully as we're one of the first lot on that increases our chances!

I see you're at the front of the ship, we're at the back in 5654, I think the walk to your room is too far for us to leave anything
Old 21 Jan 19, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Great, so all is not lost... yet! Fingers crossed they have some availability at Guest Services. We're boarding at 10:45 so hopefully as we're one of the first lot on that increases our chances!

I see you're at the front of the ship, we're at the back in 5654, I think the walk to your room is too far for us to leave anything
You won't board until at least 11:30, the 10:45 is your port arrival time (I'm sure you know this already!)

We have one of the Cat 8a rooms - AMAZING!

Joa
Old 21 Jan 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
You won't board until at least 11:30, the 10:45 is your port arrival time (I'm sure you know this already!)

We have one of the Cat 8a rooms - AMAZING!

Joa
Yes thats what happened last time, we got on and literally went straight to Cabanas to stuff our faces Love that place!

Oh nice, thats the one with the separate living area and the 2 huge portholes if memory serves me right.

Are you going anywhere before or after your cruise?
Old 22 Jan 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Yes thats what happened last time, we got on and literally went straight to Cabanas to stuff our faces Love that place!

Oh nice, thats the one with the separate living area and the 2 huge portholes if memory serves me right.

Are you going anywhere before or after your cruise?
Just staying at OKW for a couple of days beforehand but straight home after as we try to save our leave for multiple trips!

Yes, the Cat 8a are the ones you describe above, brilliant rooms.
Old 22 Jan 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Maybe we were lucky in Sep 2017 - we didn’t bother with any ticketed meets, but we happened to be around the atrium when four princesses were around and there was no queue, so we jumped in!

We met loads of other characters with hardly any queue too.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Maybe we were lucky in Sep 2017 - we didn’t bother with any ticketed meets, but we happened to be around the atrium when four princesses were around and there was no queue, so we jumped in!

We met loads of other characters with hardly any queue too.
Very lucky Gill.
It's the Frozen one too (and Marvel, Star Wars) that also need tickets so always best to get them if you can and if you want!