Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 26 Jan 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

That chocolate chip cookie looks really nice, I was eyeing them up last year.

How incredible MK on Christmas Day, you must have thought you were dreaming. I think if you had been at any other resort attempting to get there would have been madness but being stroll along the walkway made it too tempting to resist.

The walk to Hollywood Studios at the moment is horrific, particularly when it’s hot.

Hahaha at the teapot picture, what a good sport your MIL is. I’d have loved to have seen her reaction.

I’m still disappointed with your experience at The Wave, purely because it just didn’t have to be that way. I completely agree it was down to overbooking and greed!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by mick View Post
A fantastic way to spend Christmas Day 🌲 and the parks weren’t that bad for you either

Joan
Thanks Joan, the parks were way better in terms of crowds than I'd thought they would be.

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
That chocolate chip cookie looks really nice, I was eyeing them up last year.

How incredible MK on Christmas Day, you must have thought you were dreaming. I think if you had been at any other resort attempting to get there would have been madness but being stroll along the walkway made it too tempting to resist.

The walk to Hollywood Studios at the moment is horrific, particularly when it’s hot.

Hahaha at the teapot picture, what a good sport your MIL is. I’d have loved to have seen her reaction.

I’m still disappointed with your experience at The Wave, purely because it just didn’t have to be that way. I completely agree it was down to overbooking and greed!
Christmas day was truly amazing, practically perfect in every way (except the Wave ofcourse ).

You are so right, I would never have contemplated MK if we had not been able to stroll in.

Ds is the only grandchild so Mil indulges pretty much most of his requests. She thought the photo was hilarous!
Old 27 Jan 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

What a Christmas Day you had, only in my dreams as we have 2 big families here who we need to spend time with at the holiday season.
Great Christmas Day food consumed and no turkey but do I spy sprouts?
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

What a great way to spend Xmas day. Love the pics of MK 😊
Old 27 Jan 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

What a lovely Christmas Day. So special to be in MK in the morning and see the castle all lit up.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
What a Christmas Day you had, only in my dreams as we have 2 big families here who we need to spend time with at the holiday season.
Great Christmas Day food consumed and no turkey but do I spy sprouts?
Our family is really just the 4 of us so it certainly made it easier for going away for Christmas.
I did not miss the turkey and you are right sprouts were consumed, something I wouldn't even consider cooking never mind eating

Originally Posted by scotsprincess View Post
What a great way to spend Xmas day. Love the pics of MK 😊
It was great. I assume it will have been a one off and I'm so glad we were awake early for MK.

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
What a lovely Christmas Day. So special to be in MK in the morning and see the castle all lit up.
We loved it. I think the fact it was dark and lit up made it even more magical and festive.
Old 1 Feb 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Edna Cloud
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm glad you had such a memorable Christmas Day. I'm sure this is the one your son will be talking about forever.

I think the key to you all enjoying it so much is the fact that you weren't trying to get on too many rides; just enjoying the atmosphere and photo ops. I can imagine if you were a family trying to get "value" out of your theme park entry by getting on lots of rides, you might have been more frustrated.

Thanks for the trip report.

EC
Edna Cloud is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

What a fantastic way to spend Xmas day! It’s great you managed to do 3 parks - going with the flow and soaking up the atmosphere sounds like the way to go, especially in Magic Kingdom.

I love the photo with the teapot. Definitely a photopass opportunity for your son to make his own in the future!
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Edna Cloud View Post
I'm glad you had such a memorable Christmas Day. I'm sure this is the one your son will be talking about forever.

I think the key to you all enjoying it so much is the fact that you weren't trying to get on too many rides; just enjoying the atmosphere and photo ops. I can imagine if you were a family trying to get "value" out of your theme park entry by getting on lots of rides, you might have been more frustrated.

Thanks for the trip report.

EC
Thanks EC. I think you hit the nail on the head about enjoying the atmosphere rather than trying to do too much.

Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
What a fantastic way to spend Xmas day! It’s great you managed to do 3 parks - going with the flow and soaking up the atmosphere sounds like the way to go, especially in Magic Kingdom.

I love the photo with the teapot. Definitely a photopass opportunity for your son to make his own in the future!
I couldn't believe we managed 3 parks and felt calm and chilled at the same time.

Thanks Ds will undoubtly be on the look out for more photo opportunities to add to his portfolio as all these positive comments are making him even more enthusiastic.
Old 8 Feb 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Mobile

What a wonderful Christmas Day! x
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List