Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
The Unexpected Festive Family Trip - 30.12.18 - Day 6: “Fireworks Galore! ”

The Unexpected Festive Family Trip - 30.12.18 - Day 6: “Fireworks Galore! ”

Day 5 is here

Index

Today we were venturing out with the Disney bubble. In the planning stages we had agreed that we would go and have breakfast offsite somewhere like Dennys or Ihop but nobody was particulary hungry so we opted for grabbing some pastries from the Beach Club MarketPlace.
The selection of bakery items here left a lot to be desired. We shared 2 blueberry muffins and a cinnamon bun, however the solarium was open so we sat in there, it was one of my favourite bits of the Beach Club, a little oasis of calm in the chaos.
$12.01

We requested an Uber which took less than 5 minutes and headed to the outlets at Vineland. The traffic was busy but the Uber still only cost $11.16. We got dropped off at Nike. We wandered around for a bit. Fossil was really good, I could have bought loads in there but settled for a bag and a purse, both had 70% off. They had some really good offers on the Smart Watches.

Tommy Hilfiger had some good stuff as well at good prices, MIL got a really nice jumper and ds got a gorgeous jacket that had an extra percentage off and ended up costing £20 odds. He’s not really at the stage of bothering that much about clothes but he loved this jacket and looks very smart in it.

The Disney outlet wasn’t great but ds got a t-shirt as did I and MIL got a 7 dwarves purse by Danielle Nicole. I saw my top a few days later in Epcot at regular price, it’s the one I am wearing later in the day.

At the outlets we had lunch at the food court - Chinese. We shared 2 meals of bourbon chicken, honey chicken and fried rice. We also had an egg roll. And we shared 2 large sodas. For some reason I absolutely love the Chinese food in the American food courts.
We lost the receipt but think around $27.

After lunch we wandered about a bit more. Kipling had their Disney range with 60% off so I got an Alice and Wonderland cross body (see picture above) and Mil got a jungle book one, we were both really pleased with these.

North Face had some ok stuff but I didn’t buy anything. Gap and Addidas were rubbish. Nike was ok but nothing spectacular and Converse had no offers on like the normally do, strange.
Shopping done we requested an Uber from Nike, again it was really quick and cost $12.33.

We chilled out in the room for a bit as we were heading to Epcot just in time for dinner. Mil thought that we might want time to ourselves so suggested not coming. I told her straight that was not the case and that the plan I had made for the evening was with her in mind but if she was tired and would rather stay in that was ok. It turned out she thought she would be a bother later if we decided to go to MK for emh as we’d need to walk her back before heading for the monorail, once she realised, we would be coming back here to get the bus regardless, she was more up for coming out.

Epcot was pretty calm and not overly busy compared to what we had seen so far. We walked around the World Showcase towards China as tonight we had a reservation at Nine Dragons in Epcot. I’d always thought about eating here and price wise it seemed a good time to do it when we were paying oop.

For drinks 3 of us had soda and Dh had a beer Buddha.

We decided to order some starters to share so we got vegetable spring rolls and pot stickers. Pretty standard.

For mains we ordered 3 between the 4 of us which was perfect. We had the honey sesame chicken which was very good. Ds standout dish, I think it was the beef.

The Canton pepper Beef which was gorgeous and so tender.

The shrimp Kung po which was lovely, pretty spicy but a great flavour, very different from the Kung po at home.

We really enjoyed our meal here. It was full just like most other places we ate. For Disney we thought it was a bit more on the reasonable side at $102.91.

Afterwards we found a cute little photopass set up.

We had some time to kill so we wandered round the exhibition about Disney in the Shanghai, watched the Chinese acrobats and saw the film. At the end of this it was hilarious there was this high pitch alarm going off. Everyone was looking around and wondering what it was including a woman on a scooter a few rows in front of us. She was shocked to discover it was actually her and she was leaning on her horn.

Next up we were off to Mexico. They have put a Day of the Dead display where my favourite colour changing Mayan sculpture was.

DS visited the Kidcot station, I quite like the new set up with the little fact cards. While we were there, we had to do the boat ride as it was walk on.

Then off to Norway for a Frozen Boat Ride Fastpass. Frozen was a 65 minutes minute wait. When we came out there was a family taking pictures with the troll and the kids were climbing right up it.

We planned on staying for illuminations so a snack was in order. We stopped off at Karmel Kuche in Germany. Somewhere else we have never been before.

We shared a caramel pecan slice - nice but very sweet and not great for the teeth.

We also shared an apple and pecan caramel cookie which was lovely as it just had a small drizzle of the caramel.

Mil also bought some of the soft center Wethers originals. Ds got a Diet Coke. $18.
We sat by the fountain to have our snacks, Germany was practically deserted.

Last stop was the bridge between France and the International Gateway where we had a perfect view of Illuminations. I feel all teary at the thought of watching this for the last time in the summer.

This was an ideal location in terms of view and for ease of exit once Illuminations were over. In no time at all Mil was safely dropped off back at our room in the Beach Club and just as we reached the bus stop the MK bus pulled up.

We had decided to go out without bags so we were standing on main street by 11.30pm.

We found a nice spot to watch the fireworks. When they first started, I was a bit like meh they are ok but they wound up being exceptional. It’s the first time we’ve been in the park when they had the 360-degree fireworks. They were breath-taking!

We wisely stayed put close to our railings while the masses dispersed. The atmosphere was great. We headed into Fantasyland and went on the Teacups, as it was now emh it was nice to see them scanning bands before allowing you on.

7D was still pretty heaving.

Next stop a ride that ds would not normally be seen dead on Carousel but he was up for having a laugh so I made the most of that and dragged him off to meet Tiana and Rapunzel as it was a 5-minute wait. I'm not allowed to post the princess photos though

What was really weird was wandering through the park with Coldplay and Pharrell Williams blaring rather than Disney music.

We rode Flying Carpets, Thunder Mountain twice, Splash was down and we finished off with Buzz Lightyear twice. On the last ride a woman was getting off behind us and dropped her phone on to the track, she was screaming about it and her child, about age 6, went to grab it. The cast members were lightning fast, one grabbed the child and the other hit the emergency stop. The mother picked up her phone and toddled off. This could have been a major incident and the I felt so sorry for the 2 CMs as they looked pretty shaken.

After we went on the hunt for the elusive jalapeño cream cheese pretzel. The Lunching Pad no longer has them. The CM thought the Cheshire Cat had them but it was closed. We tried the cream cheese one and ds and Dh liked it I did not. $7
Imposter!

Lots of photos were taken on the way out and we left about 2.40am. They were checking where people were going at the buses. Luckily for us it was us and one other family heading back to the Beach Club so no additional stops.

A late one for the 3 of us but a fantastic evening.

17k steps up to midnight.
Old 9 Feb 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Your Kipling bags are lovely, I can’t decide which one I like the best. I love the top you picked up, I’ve had my eye on that one, but white isn’t really my colour.

How exciting seeing two sets of fireworks in one evening, the shots from MK are very special.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 19, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

I love your firework photos - they are beautiful! You certainly seemed to get lots done during EMH.I will have to think about for our trip during the summer, as we didn't manage to do it last time we were there.

Love the kipling bags too - I think my favourite is Alice but I wouldn't day no to either of them
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another lovely day with lots done and a very late finish

Joan
Old 9 Feb 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

What a fantastic day, I admire your stamina!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
sizzle
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 11
Impressed you stayed to the very end, we only managed to stay till gone one, we were flagging as had only arrived the day before and had the Toy Story extra morning magic the following day. This day was one of my favourites of our trip though and I was amazed at how much we managed to do despite the crowds. The fireworks were absolutely amazing and your photos did them a much better justice than mine did! Can’t wait to read the rest.

Edited at 10:33 AM.
sizzle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Your Kipling bags are lovely, I can’t decide which one I like the best. I love the top you picked up, I’ve had my eye on that one, but white isn’t really my colour.

How exciting seeing two sets of fireworks in one evening, the shots from MK are very special.
Thanks, I normally avoid white too but for $10 I was persuaded.

Originally Posted by clochette View Post
I love your firework photos - they are beautiful! You certainly seemed to get lots done during EMH.I will have to think about for our trip during the summer, as we didn't manage to do it last time we were there.

Love the kipling bags too - I think my favourite is Alice but I wouldn't day no to either of them
Thanks. I love late nights at MK. Are you going in July? There doesn't seem to bge the same really late night emhs in MK as there used to be. We did the After Hours Event last July and loved that, we might think about that again this summer.

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another lovely day with lots done and a very late finish

Joan
Thank you, late nights are great but they take their toll on Ds.

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
What a fantastic day, I admire your stamina!
Thanks, I think the fact it wasn't humid at all meant we had more energy.

Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Impressed you stayed to the very end, we only managed to stay till gone one, we were flagging as had only arrived the day before and had the Toy Story extra morning magic the following day. This day was one of my favourites of our trip though and I was amazed at how much we managed to do despite the crowds. The fireworks were absolutely amazing and your photos did them a much better justice than mine did! Can’t wait to read the rest.
Thanks for reading. Hope you had a great New Year trip. One am is a great achievement for only having had arrived the day before. On our first day we were in bed after Wishes at 10pm.
How was EMM at Toy Story Land? We are thinking of doing this in the summer if it's offered.
Old 10 Feb 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sizzle
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 11
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
How was EMM at Toy Story Land? We are thinking of doing this in the summer if it's offered.
Can’t recommend it enough, it was another highlight of the trip. We rode Slinky 5 times (back row 4 times), aliens 3 and TS Mania twice. Breakfast was fab as well, you can order as many of the hot dishes as you like. So literally waddled out! Do it...
Old 10 Feb 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Can’t recommend it enough, it was another highlight of the trip. We rode Slinky 5 times (back row 4 times), aliens 3 and TS Mania twice. Breakfast was fab as well, you can order as many of the hot dishes as you like. So literally waddled out! Do it...
Thanks Sizzle it sounds great. The back row of Slinky was the best!
Old 10 Feb 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another great day 😀