Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 21 Feb 19, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
tigerfee
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We have the free half board. Suggestions of where to eat would be appreciated, thank you.

I am happy to hear superheros will be there 😀
The girls love marvel.

Thanks everyone I am starting to look forward to going now.
You are right I need to stop comparing and just go and have fun
tigerfee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by tigerfee View Post
We have the free half board. Suggestions of where to eat would be appreciated, thank you.

I am happy to hear superheros will be there 😀
The girls love marvel.

Thanks everyone I am starting to look forward to going now.
You are right I need to stop comparing and just go and have fun
With the free half board you will get a buffet breakfast in your hotel each morning and then one meal per night stayed to use at either lunch or dinner.

The standard plan covers you for certain buffet restaurants in the parks/village and hotels including one soft drink. It is strongly recommended that your pre-book your table reservations in advance.

We stayed in October on the standard plan and ate at La Grange in Disney Village, Plaza Gardens and Agrabah Cafe in the Disneyland Park and really enjoyed all the meals. If it helps there are pics in my trip report linked in my signature. Ignore the section on the counter service breakfast that we got - by the time you go this will have been scrapped and replaced with the hotel buffet.

If you wanted to eat at a higher category restaurant you can do - your standard meal plan can be put towards the cost and your pay any extra on top.

Edited at 03:00 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

I have eaten at Plaza Gardens, Agrabah Cafe, & La Cantina, all on the standard plan. I think Plaza Gardens, while hectic, is a good mix for everyone. There's also so many desserts, though that tends to be a trend with all of the buffets!

La Cantina is tex mex, and had build your own fajitas, among other things. Myself and my Niece (10) really enjoyed it.

Agrabah Cafe is different. Lol. It's kinda Moroccan feel, lots of salad, kebab type items, chicken etc. I didn't love it the first time, I let my niece chose second time and she was adamant she'd like it. She's not fussy and a lot of the options are usually what she'd eat, but she really didn't enjoy it. So it's probably a no go for fussy eaters, or fans of plain foods. Xx

Edited at 05:28 PM.
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
tigerfee
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stubbs86 View Post
With the free half board you will get a buffet breakfast in your hotel each morning and then one meal per night stayed to use at either lunch or dinner.

The standard plan covers you for certain buffet restaurants in the parks/village and hotels including one soft drink. It is strongly recommended that your pre-book your table reservations in advance.

We stayed in October on the standard plan and ate at La Grange in Disney Village, Plaza Gardens and Agrabah Cafe in the Disneyland Park and really enjoyed all the meals. If it helps there are pics in my trip report linked in my signature. Ignore the section on the counter service breakfast that we got - by the time you go this will have been scrapped and replaced with the hotel buffet.

If you wanted to eat at a higher category restaurant you can do - your standard meal plan can be put towards the cost and your pay any extra on top.
Thanks again.
I'll have a read through your trip report 😀 and check out those restaurants.
Would you recommend the wild west dinner thing that has mickey?
tigerfee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
tigerfee
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sarryb View Post
I have eaten at Plaza Gardens, Agrabah Cafe, & La Cantina, all on the standard plan. I think Plaza Gardens, while hectic, is a good mix for everyone. There's also so many desserts, though that tends to be a trend with all of the buffets!

La Cantina is tex mex, and had build your own fajitas, among other things. Myself and my Niece (10) really enjoyed it.

Agrabah Cafe is different. Lol. It's kinda Moroccan feel, lots of salad, kebab type items, chicken etc. I didn't love it the first time, I let my niece chose second time and she was adamant she'd like it. She's not fussy and a lot of the options are usually what she'd eat, but she really didn't enjoy it. So it's probably a no go for fussy eaters, or fans of plain foods. Xx
Thanks for that, I will be best avoiding that one as im going with 2 very fussy eaters. My other neice is like me and would eat anything 😂
My husband needs to eat healthy as he is diabetic. Would you say there is plenty healthy choices there?
Old 21 Feb 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for that, I will be best avoiding that one as im going with 2 very fussy eaters. My other neice is like me and would eat anything 😂
My husband needs to eat healthy as he is diabetic. Would you say there is plenty healthy choices there?
Though there's not an abundance of veggies, there are enough, and there's always salad at the buffets. I'm pretty sure most of the places do fresh fruit, and you could ask if the jellies are sugar free, there's always jelly! 😍😍

There's generally plenty of meat, at Plaza Gardens there's like a carvery option. I'm pretty sure it was chicken when I was there. I didn't eat there in October, but a previous visit in March the year before.

I know different diabetics have different levels of 'strictness' with what they can or will eat. There's always bread, and potato options, though I know carbs can be an issue to a certain degree. Xx
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We loved Agrabah cafe. It’s lamb. Couscous. Hummous. All things we like to eat. The atmosphere is fab too. It was my favour buffet by miles.

We also at at the restaurant des stars in the studios. It looks like a canteen but the food was good.

The ratatouille restaurant where we paid a little extra. It’s a fixed menu so you’ll either like it or not. Not much choice. I really enjoyed it.

And the tex mex place in Disney springs which was the kids favourite.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Would you recommend the wild west dinner thing that has mickey?
Absolutely, we have done it a couple of times over the years. The show lasts around 90 mins or so and includes meal and drinks. Great for all ages.

You can put your standard half board voucher towards the cost or book it separately and pay in full. Check out third party website such as 365 tickets as they often have offers with cheaper prices than booking direct.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
tigerfee
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks so much ❤️
You have all been a great help.
I'm looking forward to this now and I think I'm starting to understand it😂
Especially the marvel characters and the wild west mickey dinner.

I'm going to Florida in November do this will be a little mini Disney taster till then.