Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Apr 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

First trip about 1988
Flights with Delta
2 nights Kissimmee visited Seaworld, MGM and EPCOT
2 nights Melbourne Beach visited KSC
2nights Amelia Island visited Jacksonville and St Augustine.
Travel agent’s FAM trip total cost zero including passes and food and as I was “working” didn’t use any annual leave either. Ahhhh those were the days
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Mobile

We got 2 weeks at OKW inc tickets and DDP for 5 of us for £3200, 2013. Was a glitch... actually booked for cheaper, Disney agreed to do for that price.

The first Norwegian Air flights were decent too.

Got slaughtered on here for both!
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
rach&dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We paid £1300 for a week at all star movies pref room, fpr 2 adults in virgin flights and park tickets. Sept 09. X
Old 1 Apr 20, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
rach&dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Cheapest ever holiday however was when my travel went bust and auctioned their holidays off, we won a week in cyprus flying airtours to an allocation on arrival hotel for £30 quid each in 2002. Mum gave me £75 for my a-levels and my bf (now husband of 10yrs) took his exam money as our spends. Had an amazing week and even did a boat trip 😂😂😂
Old 3 Apr 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Oz1511
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
One thing that pleased us about the TCD staff was their knowledge of accommodation especially hotels.

As I said earlier when we pushed the boat out and stayed at the HoJo on 192 which was quite a sizeable upgrade from the Econolodge Hawaiian At least £2 a night dearer. TCD staff had been to both.

We still pass the HoJo regularly (well we used to ) - renamed Champion's World Resort I believe

Mick
I knew the Director of Sales - Simone - at the old HoJo very well, we did about 12000 room nights per year at that hotel and Simone used to phone me with stories about our guests - who would be amazed what I knew if I contacted them post-holiday for feedback!
Oz1511 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 20, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Brennanhough
Excited about Disney

Last year through work, cost was zero!

Got invite three weeks before- said accommodation was AKL. Wow I thought, although having zero interest in animals it was a bit lost on me. Three days before departure they changed us to Grand Floridian! Shared a beer with Tim Allen in the pool.

We had VIP guides, were taken care of in a ridiculous way. Best restaurants, no queues, prime spots for parades, own private viewing area for fireworks. We watched happily ever after on the roof of the Contemporary, had a lakeside view for illuminations and had private dining on a raised platform for fantastic. Spent $200 all trip and $120 odd of that was on poolside beers in Grand Floridian. Mickey and Minnie even visited our “office” a working breakfast in grand Floridian meeting room!

My 6th trip to Orlando and saw and did things we will never get the chance to do again!

Amazing trip... won’t be happening for a while now though.

Edited at 11:36 AM.
Brennanhough is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 20, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Oz1511
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Originally Posted by Brennanhough View Post
Last year through work, cost was zero!

Got invite three weeks before- said accommodation was AKL. Wow I thought, although having zero interest in animals it was a bit lost on me. Three days before departure they changed us to Grand Floridian! Shared a beer with Tim Allen in the pool.

We had VIP guides, were taken care of in a ridiculous way. Best restaurants, no queues, prime spots for parades, own private viewing area for fireworks. We watched happily ever after on the roof of the Contemporary, had a lakeside view for illuminations and had private dining on a raised platform for fantastic. Spent $200 all trip and $120 odd of that was on poolside beers in Grand Floridian. Mickey and Minnie even visited our “office” a working breakfast in grand Floridian meeting room!

My 6th trip to Orlando and saw and did things we will never get the chance to do again!

Amazing trip... won’t be happening for a while now though.
Wow, that's not the norm! What a result! Trouble is, every subsequent holiday is measured by that!
Oz1511 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 20, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The old Travel City flights were great value. Remember stopping at Gander for ice cream? Did TC fly drive and Comfort Inn LBV at around £30 a night. Used to be able to do it for around £1,000 for 2 adults and 1 child
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkerBabe
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

In 2010 we went for 3 weeks over xmas with Virgin Holidays, £2400 for 2ad 2ch for flights, car, 2 weeks in springhill suites LBV and a week in Sarasota. Had a fantastic time with amazing weather!